Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Mapantz

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Lol Bottle Snow, I wouldn't be able to bite my fingers never mind type if I got in at 5 this morning!! The hangovers are too much for me to deal with now ☹

• Like 1

I went out for my birthday last night and got home at 2am and rather than sink the bottle of vodka in the house I had a pint of water and went to bed. Times have changed 😂

Looking forward to seeing what tomorrow and Tuesday bring. Currently just 1 degrees here.

• Like 2

Maybe this spell Monday night to Wednesday is only a taste for the big event starting next weekend onwards gfs is a snowfest from Saturday. 😃😃

• Like 2

Some good looking charts tonight with heights starting to build towards Greenland. Fingers crossed but as ever it's always around day 9 or 10.  Lol

• Like 1

After this weeks snow risk the 18z is also very good for Ireland (especially north and west) from next weekend through following week with cold northwest winds bringing plenty of snow showers  and night frosts.....quite similar to ECM actually and in line with anomoly charts .....

Theme seems to be cold this week with frosty nights and snow chances mainly Monday night and Tuesday. Mild blip around Friday then colder again from next weekend with further snow risk well in to following week

BS

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, booferking said:

Euro4 for Tuesday. 

19012212_2012.gif

Very nice. 😎

Looking good, what can possibly go wrong🤔

Sets alarm for 5, gets up at 5.30, too much cloud cover no visible moon, but finds dog has peed and pooped all over the floor by stepping into it #notwinning 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Sets alarm for 5, gets up at 5.30, too much cloud cover no visible moon, but finds dog has peed and pooped all over the floor by stepping into it #notwinning 

Hopefully not barefoot #ShiteMoon

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Sadly yes 😢😡

Don't be too sad. I am sure I remember a farmer telling me that means snow is on they way lol

• Like 3

Morning guys, in a good mood today with the snow potential this evening and tomorrow, no Monday blues 😂

I’m glad you posted that Pom, i was awake so got up and couldn’t find the moon anywhere, thought u was loosing it

Euro4 showing loads of chances tomorrow for snow, would warrant a MetO yellow imo, would also increase confidence in the event

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weegaz said:

Euro4 showing loads of chances tomorrow for snow, would warrant a MetO yellow imo, would also increase confidence in the event

Maybe a yellow warning for ice as snow showers looks fairly isolated away from the North West. 

A classic situation of recent winters evolving tonight/tomorrow, a brisk NW/W with uppers of -7 to -8. Usual spots will get some dustings or few CM, if you got snow from these situations last few winters you will get some now. not much for east coast. perhaps some inland areas in co Kildare,West Wicklow,Westmeath and Carlow might get some activity through, most likely during peak shower activity between 6AM and 9AM 1PM and between 3PM and 5PM- usual rush hour heavy snow shower 🙂  GFS agrees with most widespread potential to be around 7AM tomorrow morning. Good luck with receiving some white stuff finally 

19012206_2100.gif

19012206_2100 (2).gif

19012206_2100 (1).gif

24-574UK.gif

• Like 2

I’m guessing that based on there being no weather warnings other than for ice, snow showers are going to be few and far between especially if not living half way up a mountain?!

Interestingly the radar is already showing a bit of sleetyness as the front moves into the north. Light rain starting here in Omagh. I wonder if higher ground may actually see snow as the front pushes through and the cold further undercuts?

Screenshot_20190121_113124.jpg

The front looks to be pushing temps up slightly as it progresses across from the west. Hopefully undercuts later sperrin, keep everyone updated as will reach you first

41 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

Interestingly the radar is already showing a bit of sleetyness as the front moves into the north. Light rain starting here in Omagh. I wonder if higher ground may actually see snow as the front pushes through and the cold further undercuts?

1 hour ago, Sparky72 said:

I’m guessing that based on there being no weather warnings other than for ice, snow showers are going to be few and far between especially if not living half way up a mountain?!

Correct.

52 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

I can't see it myself as the upper air is to warm, unfortunately, the majority of the precipitation will have passed through before the colder air catches up with it.

precip just started here and its sleet. temp was 3c when I was out a while ago.

@mountain shadow, yeah looks like sleety area is getting smaller. Maybe a touch of wintriness on the leading edge for higher ground. Hoping the beefy showers pick up quickly after main front pushes through.

Sleet here to at minute its absolutely baltic out there today..

Even though the automated forecast is not great as it usually is, I am quietly confident for Derry tomorrow. After a Winter of zilch and nada payback must come at some stage!!