Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Met eirean

Tomorrow morning, there will be scattered wintry showers and some sunny spells, mainly in the west and northwest. More persistent rain will affect the northeast during the morning, falling as sleet or snow in places, before extending southwards over the east and southeast through the afternoon and evening. Elsewhere, showers will become more isolated. Highest temperatures of 3 to 6 degrees but feeling colder in fresh and gusty northerly winds.

Could some get lucky......?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Its snowing here! Better shower activity moving in too. Hopefully this keeps up during the night!

Screenshot_20201230-180608_Chrome.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

Nothing major but we're all white again

20201230_182020.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

No snow showers here dying a death before they reach my locate sperrin mountains snow shield cant be penetrated you guys further north should do well tonight enjoy.

Example of the sperrin mountain snow shield my location green triangle. 

Screenshot_20201230-184857_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201230-184931_Chrome.jpg

Edited by booferking
  • Like 1

Posted

@booferking its very frustrating how the Sperrins kill the showers. Like they're coming in NNW and dying out bigtime. Small difference but if they come in WNW or NW I get hammered!

Posted

Just outside now and a few flakes have definitely fallen. Wind picked up slightly too which has lifted the temp to -0.3c.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

@booferking its very frustrating how the Sperrins kill the showers. Like they're coming in NNW and dying out bigtime. Small difference but if they come in WNW or NW I get hammered!

Frustrating to say the least another warm core to look forward to tomorrow afternoon likely receive able precipitation tomorrow in the form of rain along with it.

Posted
1 minute ago, booferking said:

Omagh looking good in half hour are so

Hoping to catch the Eastern end of that shower, looks like it might push the 8 or 9 miles east of Omagh i need it too. Desperate times call for Desperate measures

Edited by Sperrin

Posted
Just now, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Wtf is with all these warm cores and northerlies

Don't know mate but I'm giving up in this spell if we were in this setup in 80s I'd have no doubt we would see endless snowfall. 

Posted
1 minute ago, booferking said:

Don't know mate but I'm giving up in this spell if we were in this setup in 80s I'd have no doubt we would see endless snowfall. 

Monday seemed such a waste, all that precipitation and none of it of the white variety,  trying to snow here now..

Posted
1 hour ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Wtf is with all these warm cores and northerlies

The issue is the source of the air is just not cold enough.

We expect the cold air to be moderated as it travels South over the relatively warmer ocean but as the source is not cold enough, by the time it gets here, it's just the wrong side of marginal.

This is global warming.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

The issue is the source of the air is just not cold enough.

We expect the cold air to be moderated as it travels South over the relatively warmer ocean but as the source is not cold enough, by the time it gets here, it's just the wrong side of marginal.

This is global warming.

Indeed, sadly I agree