IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
15 minutes ago, Donegal said:

@mountain shadow Your ears are burning haha

20201227_234116.jpg

Can't beat a warm fish supper.

Let's be clear though. I pretty much had one heavy fall of snow which melted after 20 minutes.

Not exactly 1963 or 1947.

Posted
23 minutes ago, ronan said:

Ha that's a big if. I've experienced some amazing snow storms in Iceland the past few years. They will be hard to beat. I must dig out a few photos and videos and post them here. Amazing to experience. We had to dig our way out after one of the storms

IMG_20201227_234026.jpg

Class

Posted

Just cold miserable rain this morning. Not even a bit of frost or ice. You were right mountain shadow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Got some snow in south Tipp yesterday. Huge flakes and stuck a little bit eventually. Turned to rain during the night though, so all gone now.

• Like 2

Posted

Cant believe we have a Northerly airstream in Winter and have only rain at 400 feet.

The upper air temperatures look better mid week but not a lot of precipitation around to take advantage. 

Looking further ahead, maybe an Easterly but again the uppers are poor.

Posted
7 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Cant believe we have a Northerly airstream in Winter and have only rain at 400 feet.

The upper air temperatures look better mid week but not a lot of precipitation around to take advantage. 

Looking further ahead, maybe an Easterly but again the uppers are poor.

It's mental but then it's a sign of how things are I suppose, the effects of global warming perhaps?

Posted
1 minute ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

It's mental but then it's a sign of how things are I suppose, the effects of global warming perhaps?

There's no doubt in my mind that global warming is making it more difficult to get cold enough air in.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

If all the rain that fell last night and this morning was snow we would be snowed in now GW is having a big effect on are climate now unfortunately

• Like 2

Posted
23 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Literally have a streamer from the North in Winter and it's heavy rain!!!

Temperature is only 2.5 degrees.

So frustrating. 

And to top that off system moving through tomorrow morning to the south of us and 850s are -6 to -7 we miss again only model are forecast giving us snow is bbc and i dont have a clue what model there using as every model iv looked at has it nowhere near us strange?

Screenshot_20201228-154319_Chrome.jpg

Posted
10 minutes ago, booferking said:

And to top that off system moving through Wednesday morning to the south of us and 850s are -6 to -7 we miss again only model are forecast giving us snow is bbc and i dont have a clue what model there using as every model iv looked at has it nowhere near us strange?

Posted

Celia on BBC was talking about lows of -3 or 4c for last night! Way off so hard to take their forecast too serious.

Posted
25 minutes ago, booferking said:

And to top that off system moving through tomorrow morning to the south of us and 850s are -6 to -7 we miss again only model are forecast giving us snow is bbc and i dont have a clue what model there using as every model iv looked at has it nowhere near us strange?

Just watched that forecast, not sure where they are seeing that but fingers crossed  

Posted
37 minutes ago, booferking said:

That is beyond laughable.

Posted

Been almost constant sleety rain here today. Max of 3.4c and currently 2.2c. I'd rather it just dryed up with some nice frosty nights.

Posted

BBC forecast will quickly change for snow Wednesday morning in there next video cast the only model that was showing snow was EC and its a lot further south again so are southern friends in firing line.

And of course it tracks through south of England and sure they never do well out of northerlies i swear every slider slides there the past few years.

overview_20201228_12_042.jpg

overview_20201228_12_057.jpg

overview_20201228_12_054.jpg

overview_20201228_12_060.jpg

overview_20201228_12_060 (1).jpg

overview_20201228_12_063.jpg

overview_20201228_12_066.jpg

overview_20201228_12_078.jpg

overview_20201228_12_084.jpg

overview_20201228_12_087.jpg

overview_20201228_12_090.jpg

snowdepth_20201228_12_084.jpg

Edited by booferking

Posted

Just cold drizzling rain here. Currently 4.8 degrees and a dew point of +2 so I'll be getting nothing out of this current set up. Very little precipitation hitting here too. Spoke to an old friend this morning who was in Mullingar and he said it snowed heavy and stuck around for a few hours. 

Posted

Pretty mundane period coming up for us in Ireland over the next couple of weeks with snow chances pretty minimal. 

Hopefully we can get either a proper Northerly or Easterly around the second week of January. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Pretty mundane period coming up for us in Ireland over the next couple of weeks with snow chances pretty minimal. 

Hopefully we can get either a proper Northerly or Easterly around the second week of January. 

Such joy, we can take delight in other areas getting pasted though......