Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: whatever the weather, I'll be watching.

Was snowing even down to sea level in Bangor. First main band cleared now, but depending on mild sector, not sure what the showers or second band will fall as. 

I drove just 10 minutes away to Craigantlet hills for the initial band and it snowed heavy for around 20 minutes, everything white. It's roughly 150m asl.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
21 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Don't tell anyone in the MOD thread bits it's snowing heavy here too!

Lol. Enjoy 

Posted

Rained here earlier, but there's a band of precipitation hitting Dublin soon, will report in!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

I would have liked to have seen some falling snow today too. When I was on my walk earlier I was hoping for a shower but it skirted along the coast.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Donegal said:

Always nice to see snow falling but what a crock of .... for mid winter. Hopefully we see something of worth in January. 

Sure the mod thread guarantees it, SSW is always ready to deliver, if it wasn’t for those pesky short waves. Snowy January’s are as rare as dry August’s in Ireland, I know that. Nevertheless, at least 12 weeks, so we shall see.

Posted
1 minute ago, ronan said:

I was hoping to get up early in the morning and go for a hike with the dog up to the Glenshane but I'd probably be better having a lye in. Milder air taking over

Screenshot_20201227_223737.jpg

Such a waste snow line must be on top of the mountain's now.

Posted
8 minutes ago, booferking said:

Such a waste snow line must be on top of the mountain's now.

Yeah such a waste. Higher hopes for January. There just isn't any real cold to tap in to at the minute. I'm normally on my 2nd or 3rd Iceland trip at this stage of Winter but gutted that I can't go anywhere. Booked for mid March so fingers crossed. 

Posted
25 minutes ago, ronan said:

Yeah such a waste. Higher hopes for January. There just isn't any real cold to tap in to at the minute. I'm normally on my 2nd or 3rd Iceland trip at this stage of Winter but gutted that I can't go anywhere. Booked for mid March so fingers crossed. 

Hopefully a bit of normality returns soon but you might not have to go if we get a 2010 repeat

Posted
1 minute ago, booferking said:

Hopefully a bit of normality returns soon but you might not have to go if we get a 2010 repeat

Ha that's a big if. I've experienced some amazing snow storms in Iceland the past few years. They will be hard to beat. I must dig out a few photos and videos and post them here. Amazing to experience. We had to dig our way out after one of the storms

IMG_20201227_234026.jpg

• Like 1