Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted

Another dire day, temperatures struggling to get to the mid teens.

No sign of anything Summery in the next two weeks.

Posted

What i am interested in is .... Are we going to have a good summer, I have really criticial on our weather services these days, and to be fair n to the point, I am tired of this wet weather @ this point.   Does anyone Know that the south-east of Ireland is going to have an swesome July or August respectfully.   Thanks!

Posted
9 hours ago, Justin Crowdle said:

What i am interested in is .... Are we going to have a good summer, I have really criticial on our weather services these days, and to be fair n to the point, I am tired of this wet weather @ this point.   Does anyone Know that the south-east of Ireland is going to have an swesome July or August respectfully.   Thanks!

Unfortunately there is no sign of any settled weather at the moment.

The sunny South East will fair better than most though.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

Yea, this summer on the whole has been pretty crap alright!

I'd quite fancy a decent winter for a change, things looked promising last year but it all went to pot! The only issue this year, if we do get a good one, it could be during a lockdown period which I'm not so sure about... Funny old time we're living in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

RED warning for Cork tonight 

#StormEllen bringing wild conditions tonight and early Thursday. Red warning from @MetEireann for Cork.  Heavy rain, coastal concerns with high spring tides and large waves/swell.

aug19meteireaanRED.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Storm Francis  ORANGE Warning for RAIN - Intense rainfall associated with Storm Francis is expected at times Monday night and Tuesday, leading to accumulations of 40 to 60mm (higher values in mountainous areas). The most intense rainfall is expected to ease off in southern counties during Tuesday morning. Some flash flooding likely. 
This rainfall will further elevate river levels and may result in river flooding also.

Also YELLOW for WIND - Very windy or stormy conditions are expected on Tuesday as Storm Francis crosses Ireland. Southwest winds veering westerly, reaching mean speeds of 55 to 65km/h, will bring widespread severe gusts of 90 to 110km/h (and possibly higher in exposed areas). Some disruption is likely and possibly structural damage. Met Eireann warnings

aug24eireFRANCIS.png

aug24storm.png

Posted

More yellow rain warnings for today too. What a sodding month August has turned out to be. Still, could be trying to post in the Louisiana thread!!!

• 1 month later...
Posted

Hi guys, hope all keeping safe and well. That time of year again when thoughts turn to snow and frost! Some decent cold nights already including a September record low so plenty to look forward to.

• Like 1

Posted

Ok so I required a hat for my baldy topper today and that means the silly season must be close and time to open the net weather tab that will stay open till probably April , that's part timers for you ,

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy
On 14/10/2020 at 21:11, na52 said:

Ok so I required a hat for my baldy topper today and that means the silly season must be close and time to open the net weather tab that will stay open till probably April , that's part timers for you ,

I have the tab open all year I just don’t look at it as much half the year

Posted
50 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Been a while since I've had such a miserable day as this. Lashing sideways rain.

Yuck

Yep, and I had to get out and about today for various things. Horrible. Still the ECM weeklies show November may be an average month for rain, and given the crazy wet Novembers we sometimes get, then I'll take that for starters 

APPS.ECMWF.INT

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Don't have as much spare time as I used to have (damned pandemic!) so don't really have the time to view either the NWP or the model output thread with any time required. Is there any joy looking forward??

Posted
38 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

Don't have as much spare time as I used to have (damned pandemic!) so don't really have the time to view either the NWP or the model output thread with any time required. Is there any joy looking forward??

Well it was all looking good for an easterly at day 12 for about 2 days and then the high has gone to far north east so we end up on  the wrong side of it.....so In conclusion, just the usual haha , I have found enjoyment in the mountain snow reports thread though 

Edited by na52

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Anyone spot this Lenticular cloud this morning?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Temp dropped 5c in last hour or two. From 11.5c to 6.4c. should be the last mild weather for a while.

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, BIG LAD said:

Temp dropped 5c in last hour or two. From 11.5c to 6.4c. should be the last mild weather for a while.

Indeed BIG LAD, the Model Thread is getting very excitable atm, hopefully it will come to pass this year, would be nice to have some seasonal weather coming up to Christmas  

• Like 1