Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted

Right, let's get this show on the road. Part of me is looking forward to this, part of me isn't. I've got a wooden gate in the driveway that's already been damaged by this year's winds, I'm thinking this mama could finish it... Also thinking I need to stalk up on the wood supplies as the old power could be affected by this one which could be another interesting side affect!

• Like 2

Posted

I'm phoning fence makers up today to give me quotes for the fence out the back that IS going to fall on Saturday Night.

Companies seem to find this approach funny but they haven't seen my fence.

I'll try and get a before and after photo. We can take bets on whether the fence will fold before Ciara!

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Eastantrim4 said:

Right, let's get this show on the road. Part of me is looking forward to this, part of me isn't. I've got a wooden gate in the driveway that's already been damaged by this year's winds, I'm thinking this mama could finish it... Also thinking I need to stalk up on the wood supplies as the old power could be affected by this one which could be another interesting side affect!

The winds will be from the West or North West, Larne should be fairly sheltered I would have thought.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Odd the way the warning is so abrupt through centre of NI. I wonder if this is due to wind risk more than snow risk? 

Screenshot_20200206_103740.jpg

Posted

I would say they take into disruption to traffic and that line looks suspiciously like the Derry to Belfast road , give or take.  Or the Belfast to Derry road

Edited by na52

Posted
1 hour ago, Sperrin said:

Odd the way the warning is so abrupt through centre of NI. I wonder if this is due to wind risk more than snow risk? 

Screenshot_20200206_103740.jpg

The winds are from the West/North West, so I guess they expect the shower to die out quickly as they hit land. It's still 4 days away, so plenty of time for change.

Glenshane will be brutal.

Edited by mountain shadow
  • Like 1

Posted

Monday evening and Tuesday evening looking the best opportunity for more widespread snow chances but snow showers packing into the North West throughout..

image.thumb.png.9f6c86fa5eb64a2b2122f7e5e1667fef.pngimage.thumb.png.642149de451374feb93118cc28ac122f.png

Posted
21 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Monday evening and Tuesday evening looking the best opportunity for more widespread snow chances but snow showers packing into the North West throughout..

image.thumb.png.9f6c86fa5eb64a2b2122f7e5e1667fef.pngimage.thumb.png.642149de451374feb93118cc28ac122f.png

Hmmm I may have to work from home on Tuesday rather than risking the Sperrins

Posted
47 minutes ago, Donegal said:

Monday and Tuesday looking good for lowland accumulations. Sperrin will have drifts. 

tenor (20).gif

• Like 2

Posted

Not too often you see this, 100% chance of snow from Monday through to Wednesday in Omagh on the GFS ens!

Screenshot_20200206_225813_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by Sperrin
  • Like 5

Posted
44 minutes ago, Sparky72 said:

Bit of a downgrade this morning! ..... probably a good thing though really.

Eh? Looks exactly the same as yesterday or am I missing something?

Hopefully, some of us will catch some snow through Monday and Tuesday, if you don't, I think that will be that for the Winter.

Edited by mountain shadow

Posted
1 hour ago, Steve Murr said:

Good luck with the snow- Blizzards over 250M 

@Sperrin

!

Cheers Steve. This set up reminds me of January 18th/19th 2018 when we got epic snowfall. Here's the chart from then and next Monday. Looks very similar to me, however, I could be way off the mark!! 

GFSOPEU06_72_1.png

IMG_20200207_131401.jpg

Screenshot_20200207_130752_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

Edited by Sperrin
  • Like 2

Posted

Borrowed this from a Facebook page.

Things still look uncertain in terms of wind speeds.

She was gusty this evening landing in Belfast international 

4761FBBA-A9BF-4223-AF0D-9DC9C3DF49C1.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather, thunderstorms, snow

Looks to be a very intense squall line headed this way. Interesting to see how intense this is as there’s already been a heavy downpour of hail battering on the window and it’s barely showing up on radar.

Let’s hope we see plenty of intense squalls developing in the cold westerly flow Monday/Tuesday giving us all a good ole dumping.
Best of luck to all in the coming days. We finally have a bit of excitement upon us so hopefully it’s a matter of sit back and enjoy the ride! Oh and @Sperrin please don’t be greedy and keep all your snow drifts to yourself. If you’re not gonna invite us all over for sledging and snowball fights at least share plenty of pics

• Like 2

Posted

I just left the cinema in that squall line. Ran 50ft to the car and the both of us were soaked clean through. Drove home and got ahead of it. Now it looks to be hitting home here in Ballyclare. Hail mixed in with it.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

The met office forecast is still just showing rain symbols for limavady on Monday and Tuesday.

Posted
1 hour ago, gary1365 said:

The met office forecast is still just showing rain symbols for limavady on Monday and Tuesday.

Limavady is virtually sea level though.  Snow will be over 600 feet, lower in heavier bursts.