Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
7 minutes ago, booferking said:

Showers yes metoffice mentioned odd shower as for sleet/snow nope i was on the Mournes the day during showers all rain highest peaks in the north roll on spring..

Mournes being in east Ulster, sorry for being pedantic, but west Ulster and Donegal got plenty of snow today. Small accumulations apparently. Met did say showers mostly in west...

Posted
39 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

Mournes being in east Ulster, sorry for being pedantic, but west Ulster and Donegal got plenty of snow today. Small accumulations apparently. Met did say showers mostly in west...

I'm amazed that there was laying snow arrived back never seen any snow at the foot of Slieve Gallion so took it as another no show never seen any reports on donegal weather channel or NI Weather and flood Advisory Service wonder did @Sperrin get any there was a heavy organised band of percipation that went through just before lunchtime i think tho.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

First air frost since Nov this morning.  Says it all about this winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

I'd say the north and north west could do well at the end of the month.  Seems the only place that gets snow for most of last  number of winters ,apart from the beast from the east of course. 

Edited by sundog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
On 17/01/2020 at 23:28, booferking said:

I'm amazed that there was laying snow arrived back never seen any snow at the foot of Slieve Gallion so took it as another no show never seen any reports on donegal weather channel or NI Weather and flood Advisory Service wonder did @Sperrin get any there was a heavy organised band of percipation that went through just before lunchtime i think tho.

Haven't been on here in days (this winter just not doing it!) but can confirm we had no lying snow at all this winter

Posted

Might we (higher ground in NW) see our first taste of winter so far next week? Looking cold and showery from Sunday night through the week. High probability of snow showing around the 28th on 18z.

graphe3_1000___-7.3_54.6_Omagh (7).gif

• Like 1

Posted

I see the snow potential has shifted again for the start of next week and I’m sure there’ll be many more shifts before the weekend, some good , some bad! At Least it’s something to watch, but’ll have to try not to get hopes up. Maybe if I go with the met office I’ll not be disappointed.

Posted
17 minutes ago, Sparky72 said:

I’m still not buying it... unless you live at the top of errigal!!

Now there's an air bnb worth doing 

Posted

stained glass windowing Baltic out there, just beginning to thaw out after the Tyrone match. 

I'm pretty confident I'll be seeing first decent snow of the winter tonight and through next few days. Band of precipitation moving up through the south looks to be a wintry mix already. 

• Like 2

Posted

Temps got down to 0.5c briefly but wind has picked up and cloud moved in ahead of the rainband. Temp has risen to 2.4c. will be sleet at best I'd say.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, Snow, Winter, Summer storms after a 'heatwave'

That band was sleety rain in East mayo