Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted

Election day could be interesting, excitement building in mod thread. Next week looks like a proper cool down with temps below 0 and low day time maxima 

8EDCFDC5-DF45-41F9-A86C-59B928CC5507.png

D73B870F-8230-4A62-89E6-3EDC5C09A582.png

• Like 2

Posted
7 hours ago, ronan said:

Ha what a crazy day. From the great charts from this morning to the Oh lemon Charts of tonight. Could the UKMO have been right all along.  

It appears so. That's why the UKMO is the boss.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Hi Guys

Back on board chasing the white stuff. Yesterday's models really shook off the cobwebs but as usual they had people running for the sleighs, they'll never learn. We still look good for N and NW airflows which (selfish I know) we do well from in the NW. The 6z indicates that the upcoming weeks plus still holds lots of interest. 

graphe3_1000___-7.3_54.6_Omagh (5).gif

Posted
28 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

Hi Guys

Back on board chasing the white stuff. Yesterday's models really shook off the cobwebs but as usual they had people running for the sleighs, they'll never learn. We still look good for N and NW airflows which (selfish I know) we do well from in the NW. The 6z indicates that the upcoming weeks plus still holds lots of interest. 

graphe3_1000___-7.3_54.6_Omagh (5).gif

Certainly little interest snow wise next week now. Any snow around the election has gone and we;re looking at wet and windy North Westerlies.

I'm not bothering to look anymore than a week ahead as the models have been very poor at modelling ridges to then flatten the pattern later.

I would be happy enough if we get lucky around Christmas time though.

• Like 1

Posted

Better output tonight from the 18z GFS. The jet is digging more southerly and this is always a welcome sight for cold lovers!

Posted
9 hours ago, Rocheydub said:

Better output tonight from the 18z GFS. The jet is digging more southerly and this is always a welcome sight for cold lovers!

Yes, but we still need some decent amplification to bring in the colder uppers.

Hints again up this happening in the day 10-12 time frame but we've been here about four times already this late Autumn and early Winter. 

Hopefully this time it will come off.

Posted
4 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Yes, but we still need some decent amplification to bring in the colder uppers.

Hints again up this happening in the day 10-12 time frame but we've been here about four times already this late Autumn and early Winter. 

Hopefully this time it will come off.

2015 Jan 29th look about the charts i have not just giving up yet.

archivesnh-2015-1-28-12-0.png

archivesnh-2015-1-29-0-0.png

archivesnh-2015-1-29-0-1.png

Screenshot_20191205-082257_Facebook.jpg

ECH1-216.gif

ECH1-240.gif

ECH0-240.gif

• Like 2

Posted

Hey folks!

Climbed out of my 3/4 yr slumber to say hello.

The Karama bus got me this year. I had open heart surgery on a dodgy valve and took appendicitis when I was recovering from it. Had respiratory failure and sepsis and ended up in ICU. 

Recovery is well under way and I'm wild sorry to anybody I have offended over the years.

Now.....

Coulness to be found anywhere? Dare I say it...…. Snow??

• Like 6

Posted
5 minutes ago, Baltic Regions said:

Hey folks!

The Karama bus got me this year. I had open heart surgery on a dodgy valve and took appendicitis when I was recovering from it. Had respiratory failure and sepsis and ended up in ICU. 

Recovery is well under way and I'm wild sorry to anybody I have offended over the years.

Now.....

Good ta see ye back Baltic and good to see you on the mend. As for snow..... hard to know going by the Model thread, wondering if we can get anything out of next week?

• Like 1

Posted
33 minutes ago, Baltic Regions said:

Hey folks!

Now.....

Good to see you back. Sounds like you have been through a bit of a tough time. 

I reckon we are still on track for something possibly wintry from midweek around the 10th. The models have changed so much lately that it's hard to put any faith in them. 

• Like 1

Posted

We haven’t had one of these in a while, between wind, rain and possible snow next week is looking rather interesting compared to past few weeks

A884051A-DB2C-4F8E-BE94-C14279D52ECC.png

Posted

It's certainly blowing a gale out there now... Rain hammering down also. Sitting in with fire lit and glass of vino in hand.

• Like 1

Posted

I think we have a chance of some snow at the weekend. Fingers crossed anyway. The storm to hit Iceland tomorrow really is something else. Reports that parts of the North West could get up to 200cms of snow is crazy. 

I have been many times and have experienced storms there but nothing on the level of what's coming tomorrow. 

Check out the short video from when we were stuck for nearly 6 hours back in February 2018. The wind up there is on a different level, the wind doesn't be gusty it just bes a steady sustained wind. On this day we had 80 to 120 sustained winds for nearly 10 hours 

• Like 2

Posted
7 hours ago, ronan said:

I think we have a chance of some snow at the weekend. Fingers crossed anyway. The storm to hit Iceland tomorrow really is something else. Reports that parts of the North West could get up to 200cms of snow is crazy. 

I have been many times and have experienced storms there but nothing on the level of what's coming tomorrow. 

Check out the short video from when we were stuck for nearly 6 hours back in February 2018. The wind up there is on a different level, the wind doesn't be gusty it just bes a steady sustained wind. On this day we had 80 to 120 sustained winds for nearly 10 hours 

A friend of mine is over there at the minute, must get him to send some pics!!

• Like 2