Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
3 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

Had it all today. Rain, sleet, hail and snow. Sun and wind

Ditto. 2pm, got very dark overhead, then a squall it bucketed down snow in very strong gusty winds and a couple of flashes of lightning, then a hail shower from hell. Then a sleet shower. Then beautifully sunny for the rest of daylight!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather, thunderstorms, snow
22 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

Ditto. 2pm, got very dark overhead, then a squall it bucketed down snow in very strong gusty winds and a couple of flashes of lightning, then a hail shower from hell. Then a sleet shower. Then beautifully sunny for the rest of daylight!

Was driving to Blanchardstown on the M3 through this and it was certainly a shower from hell. Hail was very intense and managed to see a nice wee bolt of lightning. Despite the dreadful road conditions, there were still many a simpleton recklessly speeding along. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summer. Snowy Winter.

After this stormy weather this week it's time to look for improving warmer Spring weather. 

Winter was a disappointment but at least I saw some heavy snow last Sunday and 2 inches lying on the ground, that was a nice surprise and let's face it that is about the average for most on this little island of ours.

Nice update from met office "

Outlook for Saturday to Monday:

Cloudy with outbreaks of rain and perhaps some significnat snow on Saturday, clearing later. Cold, increasingly northerly winds and a few showers Sunday. Milder with rain in the west Monday.

I think it's first time I've seen significant and snow in same sentence this year even if it says perhaps. 

Met eireann also have snow warning for Donegal. 

Edited by StormyWeather28

Posted
3 hours ago, StormyWeather28 said:

Nice update from met office "

Outlook for Saturday to Monday:

Cloudy with outbreaks of rain and perhaps some significnat snow on Saturday, clearing later. Cold, increasingly northerly winds and a few showers Sunday. Milder with rain in the west Monday.

I think it's first time I've seen significant and snow in same sentence this year even if it says perhaps. 

Met eireann also have snow warning for Donegal. 

I personally reckon snow level will  be over 500 feet

Posted
8 hours ago, StormyWeather28 said:

I wouldn't like to call what will happen. Last Friday night the Met office had no warning yet I had over 2 inches of snow. Met eireann did. We'll have a better idea tomorrow 

For me, it doesn't look great at all, maybe a better chance towards the NW over higher ground.

Looks bloody miserable tomorrow. 

Posted
25 minutes ago, Sparky72 said:

I see NI has been taken off the warning with met office

Story of the Winter. Shambolic Met Office forecasting. It was clear that any snow would only be over the highest groud.

13 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

Story of the Winter. Shambolic Met Office forecasting. It was clear that any snow would only be over the highest groud.

The Met office used to be a lot better at warnings. Like last Friday night for instance they had none, I'm close to the border and had 2 inches of snow, know across the border had snow laying too as I was there. Years ago they would have released a flash warning for such a thing if they didn't have a advisory before hand, they didn't. Met Éireann had the warning for up to 5cm of snow for most of previous day. 

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

I see a Red warning is now out for parts, The highest warning they give. Stay safe..

NATIONAL WARNINGS

Status Red - Wind warning for Clare

Northwesterly winds, associated with Storm Hannah, will reach mean speeds in excess of 80km/h with violent gusts of 130 to 150 km/h for a time this evening.

Valid: Friday 26 April 2019 20:00 to Friday 26 April 2019 23:00

Screenshot_20190426-141223.thumb.jpg.3d011b34bffe029f27f46d84503a3142.jpg

Posted
8 hours ago, Polar Maritime said:

I see a Red warning is now out for parts, The highest warning they give. Stay safe..

NATIONAL WARNINGS

Status Red - Wind warning for Clare

Northwesterly winds, associated with Storm Hannah, will reach mean speeds in excess of 80km/h with violent gusts of 130 to 150 km/h for a time this evening.

Valid: Friday 26 April 2019 20:00 to Friday 26 April 2019 23:00

Screenshot_20190426-141223.thumb.jpg.3d011b34bffe029f27f46d84503a3142.jpg

That was extended to county Kerry also, barely a strong breeze here in Dublin, while less than 100 miles away they're getting blown out to sea!