Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summer. Snowy Winter.

What a disappointing spell. Atlantic muck delivers nothing again, quelle surprise.

Posted

Got my fix, packed up the kids and headed to the mountains! Lovely up there... 

AFF4937F-AF09-4A2C-81B7-8BF2DCF06E25.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
3 hours ago, booferking said:

Poor performance very flat performance, England better team on the night more up for it.

England more up for it from the start and deserved to win... . ...only consolation...world cup expectations will be lower..... we.always play better as the. underdogs .....oh and the weather outlook looks dung for cold / snow but hey no 

Posted

Spent my day out at my eldest lads match this morning, out to the mountains afterwards with the kids and dog, then home and into Croke park for 2 games from 5pm, got home at 9.20.... I'm not so sure I'm such a fan of cold weather anymore. I'm sat in front of the fire, with hot whiskeys and still can't get the heat into me!!! Pretty sure I'm enjoying the whiskeys though!  Hic!

Posted
1 hour ago, parrotingfantasist said:

If the GFS is right especially into its latter stages, it'll be an early early Spring. Europe in the oven!!

yep looking more and more likely this winter is a bust and all the favourable  background signals will come to nothing....some signals in outer reaches of FI ensembles  for northern blocking but I won't hold my breath after the way these, EC46 etc. have led us and even Met Office up the garden path so far this winter. 

Probably be a cold spring though when most of us will be looking forward to something warmer 

Edited by Bottled Snow
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather, thunderstorms, snow

Maybe we’re been mislead with this warm signal....it’s been the case so far with the cold signal...

.....yes,.. I know..

83BC45E3-C8FE-4B61-88D3-BBC8C2E17432.gif

• Like 1

Posted

12z GFS and Icon showing a far more favourable run and only a few days away, with a few tweaks it could be brilliant! The differences up to 96 hours on GFS are huge, and with a bit of luck, could go on to be special for Greeny heights rise!

• Like 3

Posted

That's what I keep saying, if this rain was only snow. I'll be over the moon if we could get halve of the amount of rain that fell today as snow

Edited by hamba

Posted

Had a squall line pass through about 6pm this evening, it lasted about 5 minutes, there was a hail mix in it and the amount of rain must have been in excess of 10mm, it was a bananas event. As quick as it came, it was gone again (sounds familiar!!!).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather, thunderstorms, snow
1 hour ago, Rocheydub said:

Had a squall line pass through about 6pm this evening, it lasted about 5 minutes, there was a hail mix in it and the amount of rain must have been in excess of 10mm, it was a bananas event. As quick as it came, it was gone again (sounds familiar!!!).

Aye, similar scenario here around 5pm. Rain was torrential and wind was howling, and likewise it settled after about 5mins or so. Was installing huge 4sqm triple glaze glass units weighing roughly 200kg at the time. Only 3 of us doing the lift so was a struggle at times with the wind. Thankfully quite sheltered where we were. Rain was more of an issue with the suction cups slipping quite a bit.