Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather, thunderstorms, snow

Seems to be weakening and fragmenting over the midlands. Is there possibility of reinvigoration as it begins to retreat south? 

Clutching at straws here hah!

Posted
22 minutes ago, Mixer 85 said:

Seems to be weakening and fragmenting over the midlands. Is there possibility of reinvigoration as it begins to retreat south? 

Clutching at straws here hah!

Nah, it's fading away as it moves South East. Turned into a bit of a disappointment all round I think.

"Potential" for an Easterly after next weekend though...  

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, mountain shadow said:

Nah, it's fading away as it moves South East. Turned into a bit of a disappointment all round I think.

"Potential" for an Easterly after next weekend though...  

Tbh I’m starting to loose faith with the ongoing potential this winter. So far it seems to be one of eternal optimism with little to show. Thankfully we’ve the full month of February to go and we all know how quickly things can escalate once a signal establishes itself. Perhaps after Sunday’s slidergate I’ll have the patience to venture back into the Southern English...ah-em sorry the MOD thread for a more broad brush balanced outlook. For now, thanks for the update Mountain Shadow 

• Like 2

Posted

Looks like the snow event is a disappointment going by the various regional threads! Unless it kicks in later

Posted

That’s it!! I’m away out to rent a wood chipper and dance round the garden in the nip as the missus feeds aero-board into it.

Posted

You’re all welcome to join me if ya chip in a few bob for the hire

Posted

Up at the club earlier and it started to bucket down snow, but as I drove home it turned to sleet. Still sleeting now despite the radar saying snow.

Just the wrong side of marginal I guess.

Posted

Typical really.....heavy rain all day yesterday here as the front moved in. Turned to snow from 8pm last night and snowed through until the hourly hours but apart from a few short heavy bursts it just wasn't heavy enough to settle on the very wet ground. If it had been an all snow event most of the island would be buried....just too marginal this time round.

Models look poor for the foreseeable after tomorrow so probably looking at mid Feb at least before we get another shot......still hope I guess and I know some got snow Earlier in the week and a few lucky places yesterday,  but these favourable back ground signals we have read about since November just havnt produced so far this winter in a meaningful way 

Edited by Bottled Snow
  • Like 1

Posted

Hmmm interesting. Be nice to have even just alittle bit of snow before mild mush comes back in.

20190201_090912.jpg

Posted
2 minutes ago, jello said:

Hmmm interesting. Be nice to have even just alittle bit of snow before mild mush comes back in.

20190201_090912.jpg

Well, they were forecasting 7 degrees in Belfast today from a Northerly/North Easterly air stream so it will need to turn much much colder.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, mountain shadow said:

Well, they were forecasting 7 degrees in Belfast today from a Northerly/North Easterly air stream so it will need to turn much much colder.

Was thinking that too lol.  

Posted
8 minutes ago, Bottled Snow said:

Typical really.....heavy rain all day yesterday here as the front moved in. Turned to snow from 8pm last night and snowed through until the hourly hours but apart from a few short heavy bursts it just wasn't heavy enough to settle on the very wet ground. If it had been an all snow event most of the island would be buried....just too marginal this time round.

Models look poor for the foreseeable after tomorrow so probably looking at mid Feb at least before we get another shot......still hope I guess and I know some got snow Earlier in the week and a few lucky places yesterday,  but these favourable back ground signals we have read about since November just havnt produced so far this winter in a meaningful way 

Been model watching since November too.  Looked brilliant at times then back track everytime.  Would be nice to get 1 big shot before end of winter. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summer. Snowy Winter.

Obviously snowed here this morning as there is a dusting outside but I was asleep so yet to see a snowflake fall this winter. 

Still not giving up on this winter though, can see it been a late winter this year after we get over the mild incursion next week.

Posted
41 minutes ago, jello said:

Metoffice warning issued

sn.png

Interesting! I've been keeping an eye on those showers over the North of Scotland which look like they want to head this direction - fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Posted

Euro 4 not promising for snow tonight but wonder how much snow we get from the front on Sunday morning?

Posted
1 hour ago, SnowJon said:

Interesting! I've been keeping an eye on those showers over the North of Scotland which look like they want to head this direction - fingers crossed!

In fairness it does say snow showers mainly affecting Scotland..... not much mention on NI anywhere in the details.

Posted
13 minutes ago, Sparky72 said:

In fairness it does say snow showers mainly affecting Scotland..... not much mention on NI anywhere in the details.

True dat! Will have to wait and see and keep everything crossed