Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather, thunderstorms, snow

Raining here in NW Meath despite the radar showing all snow. My greatest concern was whether the front would come far enough north and now that it has it’s bloody rain!

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
4 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

Heavy sleet now. Very disappointed really

Indeed. The usual s**t. I wasnt expecting  much better tbh. If there is one consolation perhaps just perhaps the models are sniffing out an easterly 2nd week of Feb. Perhaps finally the results of the ssw ? One more hunt for the road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
6 minutes ago, Mixer 85 said:

Raining here in NW Meath despite the radar showing all snow. My greatest concern was whether the front would come far enough north and now that it has it’s bloody rain!

The best chance for snow today will be later when the front starts to pivot .

• Thanks 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, sundog said:

If there is one consolation perhaps just perhaps the models are sniffing out an easterly 2nd week of Feb. Perhaps finally the results of the ssw ? One more hunt for the road

Not sure I have the heart for it to be honest!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Here lads, that front is pushing much farther north than I was expecting. It's already reached Enniskillen and much further north over it's most westerly point in Donegal. How long before it stalls and pivots? If it keeps moving north at it's current rate it could reach me! Keep coming baby!!

Posted
2 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

Here lads, that front is pushing much farther north than I was expecting. It's already reached Enniskillen and much further north over it's most westerly point in Donegal. How long before it stalls and pivots? If it keeps moving north at it's current rate it could reach me! Keep coming baby!!

Yea all of yesterday the sat 24 didn't match with even the GFS which was the most northerly model, and it still doesn't ....maybe if I stare at the sat 24 imagelong enough it will show the lotto numbers as well

Posted

Stole this from another page...Hirlam showing precipitation moving much further north than expected.

1343184208_Hirlam6z.png.0e991a56f945eca02ad20c2eedeab052.png

• Like 1

Posted

Can’t believe it, snow from that band on the north coast! Totally unexpected. If precipitation is going to fall it will always land here, unfortunately normally rain!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, Snow, Winter, Summer storms after a 'heatwave'

Snowing in bouts in mayo, family is telling me, not yet lying properly tho, here in North west England all were hoping for is a few showers from the east 

Posted

It's still moving north anyway. See radar below from 9.40am to 10.40am. Looks like it will be hitting a Omagh in next half an hour or so. Plus it's a good bit further north on its Western most flank. Am I right in thinking once it stops moving north it will stall and slide SE? 

Screenshot_20190131_105109_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190131_105124_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

It's still moving north anyway. See radar below from 9.40am to 10.40am. Looks like it will be hitting a Omagh in next half an hour or so. Plus it's a good bit further north on its Western most flank. Am I right in thinking once it stops moving north it will stall and slide SE? 

Screenshot_20190131_105109_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190131_105124_com.android.chrome.jpg

I truly admire you’re optimism and hope

If we all take a really deep breath at the same time maybe just maybe we can get it to come a teeny bit further north for you!!

Posted

Haha @Sparky72 has to be done. Sitting at my office desk struggling to get motivated to do work. Doesn't help with this front approaching! To be fair, if you run through the radar sequence the intensity of precipitation isn't great. Would be good to squeeze a wee bit more falling snow.

Posted

Based purely on no science or knowledge whatsoever of this event, the northerly movement looks continue based on the sat, the centre of the low looks to be 500 miles off the west coast tracking in a south easterly direction

C5B40811-2269-4DBD-96A1-EE37BEC3CE99.png

Posted

Just watched the the latest forecast on the BBC news channel and its not even showing it anywhere near NI!  

Posted

Is it just me or has the movement North slowed down significantly? Just 10 miles south of Omagh haha!!

Would be interesting to see what is falling in Enniskillen area.  Any reports of snow in other areas of Ireland?

Posted

Temperatures fell to -6 last night When I woke up early this morning It was white. Befoer I left for work we had a light shower of rain and it froze creating black ice everywhere. I live on the Southside of Dublin and work on the Northside. When I crossed to the Northside there was nothing no ice no frost

Posted
24 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

Is it just me or has the movement North slowed down significantly? Just 10 miles south of Omagh haha!!

Yeh, its ground to a halt and should now slip South Eastwards

Posted

Hopefully the cold digs in before the precipitation leaves and I get a few flakes. Even a centimeter! I don’t ask for much!

EDIT: I’ve just read that back, it stinks of desperation, doesn’t it?!?

Edited by Rocheydub

Posted
32 minutes ago, DOdo said:

Temperatures fell to -6 last night When I woke up early this morning It was white. Befoer I left for work we had a light shower of rain and it froze creating black ice everywhere. I live on the Southside of Dublin and work on the Northside. When I crossed to the Northside there was nothing no ice no frost

You southsiders always bring us bad luck!!!

Posted
1 hour ago, Sperrin said:

Would be interesting to see what is falling in Enniskillen area.  Any reports of snow in other areas of Ireland?

Yup we seem to have just got the high cloud which has helped with a bit of a thaw

Posted

Still raining here, but temperature has dropped sharply, was 4.5 just over an hour ago, now 3.0 and if it keeps dropping away, surely the dp’s will too and we’ll get snow!