Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Morning folks. Still snowing here, scientific top of bin depth measurement gives about 3 inches. Daughter thoroughly disappointed that her school is still open 

20190130_084441.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
11 minutes ago, Juuyoku said:

Morning folks. Still snowing here, scientific top of bin depth measurement gives about 3 inches. Daughter thoroughly disappointed that her school is still open 

20190130_084441.jpg

Really heavy in Dungiven now!! Its class

20190130_085833.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
4 hours ago, ronan said:

Just been out clearing the van for work. There is a good 2 inches on the ground. Lovely to see. 

@Weegaz Ronan has your 2 inches

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Good 2-3 inches in loughmacrory. Not as much here in Omagh at work but at least 2-3cms. Heavy shower that hit Derry is just moving in here now! 

IMG_20190130_090116.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

Keep sharing the pictures folks, lovely jubbly!

Not a flake here as all the precipitation is dying away before it reaches eastern areas.

Here’s hoping tomorrow brings more widespread sneachta for all! My kids overheard me talking about it and are holding me to randsome over it!

Posted

Really hammering it down in Omagh now... 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Woke up to heavy snow this morning with at least 2 inches on the ground wasn't expecting so much over night. I'm picking up a new car this morning so if the snow can stay off for a couple of hours so I can get to Eglinton. After that it can snow as much as it wants lol. 

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, booferking said:

ICON showing a period of snow Sunday from slider low and then again Monday morning  really hope this happens and delivers for @mountain shadow and the boys doesn't sit well with me are friends missing out on East coast fingers cross this can deliver for them.

iconeu_uk1-1-93-0.png

iconeu_uk1-1-96-0.png

iconeu_uk1-1-99-0.png

iconeu_uk1-1-120-0.png

Nice post Booferking! Here's hoping for us lasses and lads in the East .. I wanna build a snowman!  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter
20 minutes ago, booferking said:

ICON showing a period of snow Sunday from slider low and then again Monday morning  really hope this happens and delivers for @mountain shadow and the boys doesn't sit well with me are friends missing out on East coast fingers cross this can deliver for them.

iconeu_uk1-1-93-0.png

iconeu_uk1-1-96-0.png

iconeu_uk1-1-99-0.png

iconeu_uk1-1-120-0.png

Unfortunately the met office are saying this front will introduce milder weather 

Posted

Snowed on and off yesterday but not much settled. Must have been some beefier showers overnight 2 maybe 3cm. Roads round here are awful doesn't look like much gritting was done, fair few accidents on the main road into Ennis. Tomorrow could be rain could be snow certainly interesting looking at the differences between the models.

Posted
7 minutes ago, johnny1972 said:

Unfortunately the met office are saying this front will introduce milder weather 

Snow before it turns milder maybe but not convinced changes already on 6z worth a watch heights build after that low slides.

• Like 1

Posted

Met office just issued new warning for ice into this evening and an increased chance of further wintry showers tomorrow morning. 

Great wee spell this is! 

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/mobile/warnings#?id=c2155b94-fc6a-4773-80b8-ceeb0c1283c9&details&referrer=app&date=2019-01-30

Posted
24 minutes ago, booferking said:

Snow before it turns milder maybe but not convinced changes already on 6z worth a watch heights build after that low slides.

The GFS 6z was just rain as it came in unfortunately, but at the least the 6z brings in a very cold Easterly and I know how much you guys in the North West love those....

• Like 1