Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
15 minutes ago, ronan said:

You need to charge your battery quick before the snow brings down the power lines. 

Lol....Never included your screenshot.

Haha with the upcoming snow and a Brexit addiction my phone battery is taking a hammering!! 

Posted

Haha if I got started on the B word I'd never shut up!! 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

Haha if I got started on the B word I'd never shut up!! 

I'm pretty sure everybody in here would be in agreement with you by the sound of it Couldnt be done in the England threads though haha. Id fear a scrap lol

GFS isn't very nice post Thursday. Some surprises for the N by the sounds of it but bugger all else but windy rain.

Posted

Precipitation hasn't reached me yet. Will keep you all updated. 

In meantime, Marco Petagna tweeted me back about warning. I pulled him up on lack of snow in warning... Will see what he says back.

Screenshot_20190128_225226_com.twitter.android.jpg

Posted

I don't believe it....the meto's latest forecast vid for tomorrow mentions NI! You'll have a laugh at their yellow warning area though....No snow for NI or Scotland 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iex2NFnfSHk

Screenshot (8).png

Edited by zebra3

Posted

Go on Sperrin tell us your thoughts on B. I called a no deal from the start and unfortunately is looks like it could really happen.

Weather wise i was outside just now and its spittin up here where i am and doesn't really feel like snow at all.

Posted

Big Marco replied back to me on twitter...dodged any real insight into their thoughts. I wonder is there a slight dig at chief forecaster as in if you get snow don't blame me! Haha

Screenshot_20190128_230855_com.twitter.android.jpg

Posted
11 minutes ago, zebra3 said:

I don't believe it....the meto's latest forecast vid for tomorrow mentions NI! You'll have a laugh at their yellow warning area though....No snow for NI or Scotland 

Screenshot (8).png

That really is laughable!! 1-3cms for England and travel disruption!!! Unreal!! Looking at that forecast, Wednesday looks to have more potential that tomorrow for us?? I dunno who to believe anymore. Its like when me Ma and Da told me there is no Santa!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
34 minutes ago, StormyWeather28 said:

Someone reported its snowing in Omagh on boards

Omagh God really 

Posted
2 minutes ago, somofagun said:

Go on Sperrin tell us your thoughts on B. I called a no deal from the start and unfortunately is looks like it could really happen.

Weather wise i was outside just now and its spittin up here where i am and doesn't really feel like snow at all.

Haha alright then...honestly would be extremely surprised if no deal will be allowed to happen. My thoughts on the way forward are:

1. Delay on Brexit day 29th March for 3 months or so. 

2. An eventual return to an NI only backstop (this was the original deal in Dec 2017). This will clearly cut off the DUP but may garner enough cross party support to compensate their loss. Also allows GB to have the trade independence the ERG crave. 

3. May steps down as leader before the end of 2019 (part of the deal with tory back benches) and at some stage an early y general election called with a new tory leader. 

• Like 1

Posted

No snow in Omagh area yet...although there's a tasty bunch of heavy wintry precipitation less than 15 mins away with back up in the wings. 

Screenshot_20190128_231717_com.android.chrome.jpg

Posted
18 minutes ago, zebra3 said:

Screenshot (8).png

Well it looked good for the Snow showers department from later tonight through to Wednesday evening infact really good.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
3 minutes ago, ronan said:

Are you seeing much rain yet? I hear yous are to get torrential rain over the next 5 days. Dew points +55

Not yet, I expect a bit of everything over the next week, enjoy what you get, hopefully snow for all...good luck!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Kent Blizzard said:

Not yet, I expect a bit of everything over the next week, enjoy what you get, hopefully snow for all...good luck!

Fingers crossed Kent. It's a slow burner but hopefully by early morning we all start to see some snow. It has been a long chase over the past week or 2!!

Posted
3 minutes ago, booferking said:

Well it looked good for the Snow showers department from later tonight through to Wednesday evening infact really good.

Indeed, but  I don't understand why they've no yellow warning for us or Scotland. Surely there's going be laying snow in some areas!