Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted

Have to say, Booferking and Mountain Shadow are playing a blinder on the model banter page... The toy chucking is almost palpable!

I don't see anything in the output at the moment for sustained HLB's which is all that ever really serves up anything for my locality. However, the pub run over the last few days and weeks has offered glimmers of hope, only to be dashed by the 6z next day! I will however, be taking up my pew tonight with a glass of wine, laptop open on meteociel and hope in my heart!

We have nothing without hope!

Edited by Rocheydub
  • Like 5

Posted

Completely confused by some of the comments in the Model Banter Thread. Some people should just refrain from commenting. As far as I can see things look great for us and Sunday/Monday/Tuesday looking cold and possibly very snowy? 

Posted
6 minutes ago, ronan said:

Completely confused by some of the comments in the Model Banter Thread. Some people should just refrain from commenting. As far as I can see things look great for us and Sunday/Monday/Tuesday looking cold and possibly very snowy? 

As the winds will mostly from the North West or North and with no sign of an Easterly the model thread has descended into chaos from those missing out. 

For us in the North West the potential remains especially for those in NW counties with some height.

Posted

You could laugh at that model thread i quote what someone says on ECM run"I think that we could see a Easterly again Day 10" ok so basically lads forget about the northerly sliding lows norhwesterlies unstable air flow wrapped in imbedding cold snowy weather for the entire run.  But dont worry about all that lads for there maybe an easterly coming Day 10.

Edited by booferking
  • Like 2

Posted

A real cold cyclonic period coming up. Really hard to forecast if,  where and when snow might occur. 

The upper air is being constantly churned and mixed between air cold enough to support snow and those not.

Fax charts will start to become more important. 

Posted
26 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

A real cold cyclonic period coming up. Really hard to forecast if,  where and when snow might occur. 

The upper air is being constantly churned and mixed between air cold enough to support snow and those not.

Fax charts will start to become more important. 

850s don't get above -5 for NI & -4 for the most of the South from day 4 on EC mean.❄️

EDU0-96 (1).GIF

EDU0-120.gif

EDU0-144.gif

EDU0-168.gif

EDU0-192.GIF

EDU0-216.gif

EDU0-240.gif

Posted

Only problem is, they don’t go much lower than -6 at any point. Will be the wrong side of marginal for a lot of us

• Like 2

Posted
27 minutes ago, booferking said:

850s don't get above -5 for NI & -4 for the most of the South from day 4 on EC mean.❄️

Yes, that is a great mean, let's just hope that actual result is snow rather than rain.

It will be interesting weather watching from Saturday night.

Posted
Just now, bobbarley said:

Only problem is, they don’t go much lower than -6 at any point. Will be the wrong side of marginal for a lot of us

That's the concern for sure.

Posted
41 minutes ago, bobbarley said:

There is Mondays-Wednesdays event below 850s what you you have to remember folk its Jan not March also the embedded cold is chunks of PV  510 dam close to Ireland next Tuesday over warm water = places will get buried no need for the negativity in here there is plenty of that in model thread after all were not based in south east last time i looked England.

gfs-2019012212-1-6.png

gfs-2019012212-0-6.png

gfs-2019012300-0-6.png

gfs-2019012300-1-6.png

gfs-3-120.png

Edited by booferking
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Not negativity Boofer, we can still debate or question charts shown in here though. Keep up the good work

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, ronan said:

As @Rocheydub has said. Boofer and MS doing a great job in the Model thread and in here. Cheers lads for keeping us well informed. @booferking you sound very confident that next week will produce the goods? 

Tuesday peak Day for snow NIE have been issued an early precautionary warning for ice and snow on lines..

gfs-3-126.png

gfs-2-126.png

gfs-1-126.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted

Please let it happen, please let it happen, please let it happen!!!......

That is day off work stuff!!

image.thumb.png.b7272c6e63bfa8c6727e003f24d6b81f.png

GFS 6z is very cold and wintry throughout.

Edited by mountain shadow
  • Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, ronan said:

Exciting times folks but we all know it can go pear shaped but I am quietly confident for this one. 

Tell you what Ronan, until it's snowing in my back garden I am not on board, don't want to jinx it!!

• Like 1

Posted
34 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Please let it happen, please let it happen, please let it happen!!!......

That is day off work stuff!!

image.thumb.png.b7272c6e63bfa8c6727e003f24d6b81f.png

GFS 6z is very cold and wintry throughout.

That's a foot type of snowfall on the 06z GFS fwiw! I think this is the first time I've visited this thread in years!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summer. Snowy Winter.

Beginning to look good for snow next week. The North looks like it could be buried but almost everyone has a shot of getting in on the action. Exciting times.

Posted

I wouldn’t be one bit surprised if this is exactly how this pans out!!! #DublinSnowShield

EA8BA920-95B4-4D3F-AC35-C8120120D63C.jpeg