Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted

we getting a drop of snow tonight peeps? car therm was reading -1c at 6.30pm so should be cold enough. will be interesting to see in the morn. and lads, stop fightin over a bit of snow.lol

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

Fantastic ECM run for coastal counties of Leinster and Munster with a screaming North Easterly.

Yes and would be good for my location once uppers, dew points, lapse rates etc are conducive , however I would still prefer everything backed a little further west so everyone on the island could get in on the action......still believe a very decent spell of cold and snow is coming.......how much snow? decent amounts will depend on getting blocking a little further north and west......heres hoping for more upgrades tomorrow 

PS Hope everyone are friends again...we all love the weather and the more members the better .....be sad to lose anyone....especially as the fun and games are set to commence 

Posted

Hey Guys, just registered now :). Usual poster over on boards.ie but only just now saw there is an Ireland thread on netweather after watching the main one for so long! Decided to join when I saw that.

In Cork City. Currently around 2 degrees and light drizzle but not expecting much down here

• Like 7

Posted
4 minutes ago, ronan said:

Think we might hit the Jackpot on Monday/Tuesday!!!

Hopefully ronan, we know what can happen between now and then but looks odds on at the minute, hopefully we can get the more experienced guys on board

I have snow symbols on metO app for location....I know I know but nice to see all the same

18z keeps er lit through Tuesday

Edited by Weegaz

Posted
4 minutes ago, parrotingfantasist said:

Yes me as well. On the fence until the reliable time period. But I'm sure our usual suspects with higher elevation are in for a great pasting Mon Tue

Completely agree with that. Many times have I seen Derry get nothing yet 15 mins out the road around Claudy has got a pasting. 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, ronan said:

Completely agree with that. Many times have I seen Derry get nothing yet 15 mins out the road around Claudy has got a pasting. 

Tell me about it  Very frustrating to look at especially when you've got the view on the new bridge. Like a ring of fire Lol. 

• Like 1

Posted

Can't help but feel that after Monday/Tuesday we will need everything to shift further West. As always with an Easterly we can just stay mainly dry and cold whilst MS & Neiler can get buried. Lol.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm not really confident of snow tonight as the upper airight warms quite quickly. Maybe a very brief spell of snow for a lucky few up a hill before it turns to rain.

All eyes on next week for me. Hopefully the 0zs are good.

Met Éireann

Tonight

Outbreaks of rain over Munster and Connacht will gradually spread northeastwards tonight accompanied by freshening southeast winds. It will be cold early tonight with some frost in the east and north and rain may turn to sleet or snow on the leading edge of the rain for a brief period. Over the north and northwest there is the risk of some snow accumulations on hills. Lowest temperatures will fall to between 0 and +2 degrees early tonight, but values rising in most places by dawn.

Posted

Lashing with rain here.

Decent chance of snow still on Monday night then dry and cold.

As ever,  the 0z are under whelming in terms of snowy cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summer. Snowy Winter.

Not interested in another year like 2012 or 2013 where Uk got buried and I was freezing into April but didn't see a snowflake. Disappointed with the snow potential in next 10 days tbh.

Posted

Met Eireann going for the below.

Monday will be cold day and frost will only slowly clear in the morning. Moderate southwesterly winds will freshen ahead of a band of rain pushing into western areas in the afternoon and quickly spreading eastwards during the evening. The rain will turn to sleet or snow in parts of the north as top temperatures reach only 3 or 4 degrees there and elsewhere afternoon temperatures will be just 5 to7 degrees. 

Monday night rain will clear to scattered showers and good clear spells. The showers could turn heavy or wintry, especially in the west and north. Lowest temperatures will fall to between -2 and +1 degree with frost and winds will be mostly moderate westerly.

• Like 1