Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
24 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

If we do get snow early next week, it should stick around as we start to get colder and colder but mainly dry at this stage.

I think nearer the time that mainly dry will change especially for east coast if there is an easterly. 

However do not look at the snow total maps as u will get depressed. Sadly our little island gets very little indeed and half the island gets nothing compared to what they get over the Irish Sea. They would be snowed in! Thankfully they are a waste of time. 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted
43 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

I think nearer the time that mainly dry will change especially for east coast if there is an easterly. 

However do not look at the snow total maps as u will get depressed. Sadly our little island gets very little indeed and half the island gets nothing compared to what they get over the Irish Sea. They would be snowed in! Thankfully they are a waste of time. 

If we get a slider running in favourably then some parts our island get buried.

Also, we of course do better from Northerlies

Posted

On re-reading your message Neiller I get what you're trying to say. 

At first glance it looks like you are saying 'they (people) are a waste of time'. 

I assume for clarity sake you mean the snow depth charts? 

A few days ago people in here were calling winter over and using over very descriptive terms to describe this season. Its certainly not been cold so far this winter but we have seen this many times before and will likely see it more prevalent as we see climate change unfold. Our normal winters are not snowmagedons  by any use of the imagination.

A little prespective and focus will help to keep the bipolar views more realistic and help the lows to be less of a bump. We can all ride the highs when they come.

Also not liking when MetOffice staff who are professionals at what they do and have access to better models and data than we do get slagged off here for their failure to predict things or constantly changing outlooks, particularly when those who make these statements are amateurs. Knowledgeable amateurs for sure but amateurs nonetheless.

P.S. Mountain Shadow: Keep your posts coming my friend. I learn more from the likes of yourself and others here. I'm no expert in weather just an interest. The pitch and level of the posts in this room in general are very educational.

• Like 1

Posted
48 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

That would make you happier Neiller.

gfs-16-360.png

Posted
58 minutes ago, Baltic Regions said:

On re-reading your message Neiller I get what you're trying to say. 

At first glance it looks like you are saying 'they (people) are a waste of time'. 

I assume for clarity sake you mean the snow depth charts? 

A few days ago people in here were calling winter over and using over very descriptive terms to describe this season. Its certainly not been cold so far this winter but we have seen this many times before and will likely see it more prevalent as we see climate change unfold. Our normal winters are not snowmagedons  by any use of the imagination.

A little prespective and focus will help to keep the bipolar views more realistic and help the lows to be less of a bump. We can all ride the highs when they come.

Also not liking when MetOffice staff who are professionals at what they do and have access to better models and data than we do get slagged off here for their failure to predict things or constantly changing outlooks, particularly when those who make these statements are amateurs. Knowledgeable amateurs for sure but amateurs nonetheless.

P.S. Mountain Shadow: Keep your posts coming my friend. I learn more from the likes of yourself and others here. I'm no expert in weather just an interest. The pitch and level of the posts in this room in general are very educational.

Of course I’m talking about the snow chart maps. Why would I call people a  “waste of time” so just making that point clear before you try and twist my comment for some reason. Secondly I am perfectly entitled to make the the comment that their outlook constantly changes because “ it does”, but that again is in by no means me slagging them off for their profession or for the hard job they do.  I’m merely  pointing out that even professionals struggle to forecast the weather in our micro climate of an island. Apart from that I agree with everything else you said which is basically ur last paragraph. Peace to all

Edited by Neiller22

Posted
56 minutes ago, booferking said:

That would make you happier Neiller.

gfs-16-360.png

And yes booferking that makes me happy.

Posted
57 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

I’m merely  pointing out that even professionals struggle to forecast the weather in our micro climate of an island

Completely agree with this sensible statement. This is not how you phrased it though.

On 15/01/2019 at 09:43, Neiller22 said:

The models and met office have been abysmal in forecasting this supposed cold spell. Always in never never land. Honestly think this may never happen. 

And……...

On 16/01/2019 at 12:41, Neiller22 said:

And the met office outlook changes again (just like the wind) though this time its an upgrade. Honestly nobody has a clue whats going to happen so clearly  i would look no further than 4 days ahead at most 

These comments are just inflammatory. Say something like the first quote. Its less defamatory to the hard working professionals who do their job to the best of their abilities.

On 15/01/2019 at 12:08, Neiller22 said:

There you go the dreaded met office update. Game over now in my eyes. That is a huge downgrade and to me what I have been expecting as I just couldn’t buy Into this big freeze scenario. Still chance for snow but that’s a very poor update. 

This was two days ago!! Of note is the way you phrase things so no matter what happens you can either enjoy the high along with everyone or state how right you were in predicting the downgrade. You're quids in. This is not the only example.

On 15/01/2019 at 10:02, mountain shadow said:

I think they thought that the SSW would impact about 2 to 3 weeks after it started (boxing day), however, it has been a slow down welling and we still wait to see what will occur.

A measured response to your lambasting of the SSW (where you provide no data to back it). Try it. It earns respect and helps the conversation to develop.

On 16/01/2019 at 10:30, Neiller22 said:

Worst winter i can remember in a long long time and doesnt look like getting better anytime soon. LRF is literally impossible

And just over the halfway mark? There are loads of worse winters in the past. Including ones were there has been no snow at all. 

Honestly Neiller, go and read this thread from page one. While some of your comments are quite positive you are a bit of a mood hoover. I have been part of this forum since the regional communities were established. Even Frosty didn't rip my knittin any where near as much as you do. Im not the only one who appears frustrated by you. Your negativity and unsubstantiated drivel has ruined this group for me. I find little pleasure in here anymore because its just the Neiller show interspersed with the respectable comments from knowledgeable members I and im certain, we all want to hear from. 

I appreciate this cant be pleasant to read and Im more than annoyed at myself for letting this get to me so much. I apologise in advance for any offence that no doubt will be taken. I hope you can read this in the manner it is intended and take some points on board.

Tomorrow is my 14th Anniversary of being in this community but due to how things have been lately I no longer feel able to be part of this community and so I will leave the forum and delete my profile. I will of course leave the profile up until midnight as I have no doubt you will want to come back at me. You are of course entitled to your views and you do like to air them.

Please think about how you handle yourself in this room and come across to others. I always took pride in here that we remained level headed regardless of what the output provided and often joked about the dummies being spat out of the pram. Your input is moving us down the same road. 

Too much for me. Better things to do with my time than wade through such drivel to find the nuggets of good knowledge.

Cheers folks but its Adios from me.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Baltic Regions said:

Completely agree with this sensible statement. This is not how you phrased it though.

And……...

These comments are just inflammatory. Say something like the first quote. Its less defamatory to the hard working professionals who do their job to the best of their abilities.

This was two days ago!! Of note is the way you phrase things so no matter what happens you can either enjoy the high along with everyone or state how right you were in predicting the downgrade. You're quids in. This is not the only example.

A measured response to your lambasting of the SSW (where you provide no data to back it). Try it. It earns respect and helps the conversation to develop.

And just over the halfway mark? There are loads of worse winters in the past. Including ones were there has been no snow at all. 

Honestly Neiller, go and read this thread from page one. While some of your comments are quite positive you are a bit of a mood hoover. I have been part of this forum since the regional communities were established. Even Frosty didn't rip my knittin any where near as much as you do. Im not the only one who appears frustrated by you. Your negativity and unsubstantiated drivel has ruined this group for me. I find little pleasure in here anymore because its just the Neiller show interspersed with the respectable comments from knowledgeable members I and im certain, we all want to hear from. 

I appreciate this cant be pleasant to read and Im more than annoyed at myself for letting this get to me so much. I apologise in advance for any offence that no doubt will be taken. I hope you can read this in the manner it is intended and take some points on board.

Tomorrow is my 14th Anniversary of being in this community but due to how things have been lately I no longer feel able to be part of this community and so I will leave the forum and delete my profile. I will of course leave the profile up until midnight as I have no doubt you will want to come back at me. You are of course entitled to your views and you do like to air them.

Please think about how you handle yourself in this room and come across to others. I always took pride in here that we remained level headed regardless of what the output provided and often joked about the dummies being spat out of the pram. Your input is moving us down the same road. 

Too much for me. Better things to do with my time than wade through such drivel to find the nuggets of good knowledge.

Can’t even be bothered to comment on this post. Clearly just ignore my posts. Hit the ignore button. Ta.

And on that note after thinking over I will continue to read the thread but will no longer post. As Baltic is speaking for everybody as he states and I’m annoying others etc I am happy to do that. Hope u all get the snow crave and hope the rest of the winter is good for you all. Njoy the snow and hopefully the thread will now be more enjoyable for you going forward. Take care all 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summer. Snowy Winter.
4 minutes ago, Baltic Regions said:

And……...

Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

Posted

This same crap happens in here every single year. Weather watching fatigue mist be kicking in. Anyways there is a little snow due later today and overnight. Obviously to more hilly areas but the latest BBC local weather just mentions snow to lower levels for a time. 

Posted
13 minutes ago, Baltic Regions said:

This is exactly how I expected you to answer.

Ah well....

Don’t want you to leave so I have no problem not posting but will just read thread. It’s no issue.

Posted

Lads, it's a weather forum, nothing more and nothing less. Lets play nice.

Remember there is a block function on here, if you don't like someone's posts, then block them.

Simple.

• Like 1

Posted

40 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

As Baltic is speaking for everybody as he states

When what I actually said was...….

38 minutes ago, O'Maille80 said:

Im not the only one who appears frustrated by you

Bit of a difference.

Think about it.

Posted
1 minute ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Lads both of you stay and hit the ignore button for the other one Baltic you have been here a lot longer than me and I always enjoy your posts, don't you be leaving us now ok

Are you back living up Pomeroy mountain again?

Posted

Neiller and Baltic, only way to sort this is a good old snow ball fight next week, first opportunity Monday into Tuesday.

In all seriuosness, it has all sorts of personalities in here, just read the MOD thread and you’ll understand, ignore and move on.

• Like 8

Posted

Moving aside from the heated discussion. This time around unlike last month or the month before, we have a lot to actually look forward to this and next week. Monday/Tuesday more of a hill snow kind of affair but whats after will definitely be interesting. Things are coming steadily into the reliable time frame now. 

Edited by parrotingfantasist
  • Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Nice one Weegaz, the 12z GFS reduces the initial rain a bit, then a Wintry Tuesday.

Yes MS, looking good, let’s gets the same chart up tomorrow afternoon with shades of deep pink