Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
2 hours ago, Ice Cube said:

Was never not positive, and if it changes in the morning I would still be positive. You can't look at single ops in isolation, look at 4 or more side by side identify what's different in the early time frame that takes them down the different paths and make a call referencing the back ground signals that have always remained positive. IMO that prevents these hourly knee jerk reactions. The dismissive comments regarding impacts of SSWs on the weather patterns are just plain wrong. No one has ever said it 100% means cold and snow, but what it does do is break up the traditional normal patterns and then it's just luck if we end up doing well. Anyway anything coming from the East is good for me generally (IMBY sorry). 

Yes still confident that may of us will see snow over coming weeks....nothing I have seen today has changed my mind...in fact Getting more confident each day as things start to come in to closer range.... mid next week will be interesting  I feel 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summer. Snowy Winter.

https://amz.nwstatic.co.uk/monthly_2019_01/75EE3B09-B548-45E5-96E3-C872FD5E12C5.jpeg.f76326df999cc125ee8453efcbdc5495.jpeg

Bit of fun but some places would be buried if this came off, unfortunately not me.

Posted
5 hours ago, O'Maille80 said:

https://amz.nwstatic.co.uk/monthly_2019_01/75EE3B09-B548-45E5-96E3-C872FD5E12C5.jpeg.f76326df999cc125ee8453efcbdc5495.jpeg

Bit of fun but some places would be buried if this came off, unfortunately not me.

I would be in the sweet spot for that one  O'Maille

• Like 1

Posted

dont go into the mod thread. Easterly gone and they are in meltdown. EC has egg on its face. Blah blah blah . Still not as bad for us but not great either 

Posted
13 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

dont go into the mod thread. Easterly gone and they are in meltdown. EC has egg on its face. Blah blah blah . Still not as bad for us but not great either 

That's why I didn't get excited by the 12z last night, had a feeling the 0z would downgrade. 

Posted
41 minutes ago, booferking said:

Halfway house and we are stuck in the middle of it haha.

We could still do well out of it. If it doesnt show cold and snow in southern england thr models are woeful usually 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: continental climate

.mAll the cold air on this morning is aiming back at central Europe. Had -10C yesterday morning and -8C now. Cold and crispy. Quite  useful weather for outdoors once you get the car defrosted. more defrosting needed if ECMWF 0Z verifies. Not much snow but cold sunny dry continental air. I hope you in IE get a bit of winter soon after 1st half debacle

al-ecmgram_31507-20190116-0000-nwp-.png

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, booferking said:

Let just stick to looking at radar for the off chance of first snow shower of the winter the door is open now till Friday good luck all.

You know things are desperate when we're chasing a simple snow shower!!

Posted
17 minutes ago, booferking said:

Any chance of having any meaningless snow is next Tuesday i think.

Worst winter i can remember in a long long time and doesnt look like getting better anytime soon. LRF is literally impossible

Edited by Neiller22

Posted
5 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Worst winter i can remember in a long long time and doesnt look like getting better anytime soon. LRF is literally impossible

Along with teleconnection signals cant be used for are small part of the world stick to inside 5 day forecasts and you wont be to displeased.

Chasing MJO cycles since November..

Edited by booferking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
24 minutes ago, booferking said:

Any chance of having any meaningless snow is next Tuesday i think.

What is meaningless snow?  Little, sleety, rubbish?

Posted
3 minutes ago, booferking said:

Along with teleconnection signals cant be used for are small part of the world stick to inside 5 day forecasts and you wont be to displeased.

Chasing MJO cycles since November..

Exactly

Posted

I've a walk up cavehill next Friday night (yip - nighttime walk) for charity - I'm hoping it doesn't drop one then 

Posted
2 minutes ago, snefnug said:

What is meaningless snow?  Little, sleety, rubbish?

Anything not seen anything white fall from the sky in nearly a year Tuesday next week best chance of proper snow but outside chance of snow shower & frontal snow Friday.

Posted
7 minutes ago, booferking said:

Anything not seen anything white fall from the sky in nearly a year Tuesday next week best chance of proper snow but outside chance of snow shower & frontal snow Friday.

At least its a chance so better than nothing 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Met office yellow warning for ice and possible wintry showers issued for 10pm to tomorrow. Already some wintriness showing up on the radar in the NW.

Not great at all in the bigger scheme of things and models having big wobble at the min, too!

Posted

And the met office outlook changes again (just like the wind) though this time its an upgrade. Honestly nobody has a clue whats going to happen so clearly  i would look no further than 4 days ahead at most 

Edited by Neiller22
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

It's like no one knows  wtf is going to happen.  Not the models , the pro's  or anyone else. I was confident that the end of this month we would get a decent cold spell. This morning's run have dented my confidence in that atm.