Local
Radar
Pollen

Euro 2020

Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
    Just now, TomSE12 said:

Apologies to England fans but the best Team won.

FORZA ITALIA.

Regards,

Tom.  👍⚽

Have to agree Tom and the best team of the entire tournament as well.

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    Posted

Anybody abusing those players is scum and I’d like to see some of those twitter trolls step up and take a penalty .

I really thought England were fated to win and it does feel even worse as I thought Italy were very beatable . 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

England have done well, reaching the first final since 1966. Southgate may not have been a big name manager, but then again how many top managers did we go through during the decades without any success (even with many many top class players). It is about bringing the team together despite everything that goes on in the domestic leagues and he has done far better at this than his predecessors.

However it felt like the whole England unit froze and Southgate seemed to hesitate during extra time, like he was waiting for the decision to appear for him. There was a moment where England seemed like the better team again with some fresh legs. 
    I really hope for the youngsters that this is a moment of education for them and doesn’t haunt them for years to come. They don’t deserve it.

Fair play to Italy, from rock bottom to the top of Europe in a couple of years. Quite a turnaround.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Backed Italy since the start

Very bizarre penalty taker choices tonight bar Kane

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

It's a shame ,...but we got to the final,...well done boys and we should not take any criticism about the penalty takers

these guys are new seeds and i think this is a new era and beginning for them👏

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Back in Edmonton Alberta(via Chelmsford, Exeter & Calgary)
  • Location: Back in Edmonton Alberta(via Chelmsford, Exeter & Calgary)

england were poor and didn’t deserve to win...imo there is no excuse for missing the target from the spot..if the keeper saves it fair enough... esp when you have just gained the advantage in the pk shoot out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
    2 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Anybody abusing those players is scum and I’d like to see some of those twitter trolls step up and take a penalty .

I really thought England were fated to win and it does feel even worse as I thought Italy were very beatable . 

I second that Nick,i thought that they did very well to come this far.

• Like 3

Posted

Sancho and Rashford will be back knocking in the goals for United next season no problem with that. Footballers are good at shaking things off, like Liverpool losing the League by a point only to win the Champions League  and the Premiership a few months later.

Posted

On the coach   back home.  Brilliant night   result was not to be    Its been a great ride   

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

It certainly felt gutting to lose it that way after coming all that way, especially after initially going 1-0 up.  However, there's no sense of injustice, as the stats (possession, shots, shots on target) show that on balance Italy were the better side by a fair margin, especially after the first half.  England had their chances but Italy looked somewhat more dangerous when they came forward.

Some questionable decisions with the choice of penalty takers I think.  Perhaps Gareth Southgate underestimated the issue of young players being under heightened pressure when taking penalties just after having been brought on.

In many World Cups and Euros I don't really care that much about what happens to England, but I got behind England to an unusual extent this tournament as I felt this year's England side was quite entertaining to watch after getting into the knockout stages.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers

Posted
    4 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

england were poor and didn’t deserve to win...imo there is no excuse for missing the target from the spot..if the keeper saves it fair enough... esp when you have just gained the advantage in the pk shoot out

Plus Italy lost one of their best player and their very best player was not even playing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

What a character Chiellini is 

Posted
    2 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

What a character Chiellini is 

You certainly wouldn’t want to cross him he’s pretty terrifying ! 

Overall the Euros bar tonight’s bitter disappointment have been great . I’ll never forget that super Monday .

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Salzburger Sportwelt Lungau/ Pongau Region. Somtimes Skipton UK
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
  • Location: Salzburger Sportwelt Lungau/ Pongau Region. Somtimes Skipton UK
    12 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Yes, Italy were the best side. Rashford penalty take was awful to watch. Well played Pickford and Shaw. Another glorious defeat. Feeling sad. ,Maybe that terrible song " Footballs coming home " will vanish for ever. Its doomed.

C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Despite the questionable penalty taker choices I'm in favour of sticking with Gareth Southgate.  Yes we have a good squad, but the England tactics have been the best for quite some time, and some of that is very likely to be down to the manager.  No, he wasn't a top manager when he managed Boro, or even close to it, but he was very inexperienced back then.  He might well use the final as a learning experience.

Like during the Sven Goran Eriksson era, I have a concern that while there are better managers out there, there are also a lot of worse ones, not many of the good ones would be as good a fit for the England job and the odds would be against a change of manager helping our fortunes.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers
    • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/cool all over the year. Winter favourite season

As an Italian

YEAHHHHHHH!! WE'RE THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 1968! After 53 years, finally Italy is the Champion of Europe

So, now we have:

World Cup - 1934

World Cup - 1938

European Cup - 1968

World Cup - 1982 (also played the final on the 11 July of 39 years ago)

World Cup - 2006

European Cup - 2020

It will be hard sleeping this night 😁😁😁😆😆😆😆

It's coming Rome... where now there's lots of traffic and mess 😃

Edited by Federico
    • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Imagine if we could put our attacking talents to good use, we wouldn’t need to lose on penalties!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/cool all over the year. Winter favourite season

Still accomplishments to the English... were actually a pretty rough opponents, so still well done

Kane, seriously, what a player, he's insane 😳

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep Snow & Warm lazy Summer Days
    7 minutes ago, Federico said:

Still accomplishments to the English... were actually a pretty rough opponents, so still well done

Kane, seriously, what a player, he's insane 😳

Not biting 😋

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heatwaves and electrical storms, and fidgid Arctic type winters
    20 minutes ago, tomp456 said:

Imagine if we could put our attacking talents to good use, we wouldn’t need to lose on penalties!

Yes this is the big problem..many of our attacking talents remained on the bench for much of the time..its blatantly obvious that the likes of grealish and sancho don't figure high in southgates plans! And the game was crying out for these said players to be introduced much earlier...Southgate is at times far to negative...we should have simply gone for the jugular at 1 up...with Southgate forget it...typical x defender. And regarding bringing on sancho and rashford right at the death so they could take penalties....totally bizarre...these players were not even warmed up! 

• Like 1

Posted
    47 minutes ago, Thundery wintry showers said:

In many World Cups and Euros I don't really care that much about what happens to England, but I got behind England to an unusual extent this tournament as I felt this year's England side was quite entertaining to watch after getting into the knockout stages.

Entertaining!? Really! 

England played like underdogs and defend resoutly and very clinical going forward but they are not an entertaining team at all. Given the attacking threat they have, its almost criminal players like Rashford and Sancho barely got look in at all. 

England played Italy in Euro 2012 and played very defensively and was fortunate to get to pens 9 years later, same old storey and we even had home advantage but sadly these players are let down by an overrated manager. 

What was the point of bringing Henderson on if he was not going to be one of your pen takers and you took him off just before the shootout. Surely Henderson should be higher up on the list than Saka. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Gales, T-storms, Heavy Rain, Heat, Cold - Love it all.

The armchair managers are all out in force!

The fickleness of some England fans is astounding, given that we've just made a final for the first time in 55 years. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

Posted
    21 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

The armchair managers are all out in force!

The fickleness of some England fans is astounding, given that we've just made a final for the first time in 55 years. 🤦‍♂️

It is worth pointing out though, that this tournament was as good as a home one for England,  with only one game away from Wembley.

They also had the benefit of the easier half of the draw with their only defeat to to the one team ranked above them.

Ultimately,  the best team in the tournament won, and you can't argue with that.

• Like 2

Posted
    57 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

It is worth pointing out though, that this tournament was as good as a home one for England,  with only one game away from Wembley.

They also had the benefit of the easier half of the draw with their only defeat to to the one team ranked above them.

Ultimately,  the best team in the tournament won, and you can't argue with that.

Exactly, most top European teams would be expected to get to the final with the teams England faced and having home advantage in all games bar one. 

I really must wonder what Sancho must be thinking Southgate seems to think more highly of Saka than him. How Foden can't get into this team baffles me also and Southgate clearly has not learnt anything from the Croatia game. 

People said this team could dominate international football, forget that and definately forget it with Southgate in charge. Shame because he does seem a nice man and he does seem to have the respect of the players but let's face it, if England won it, they be the equivalent of Greece, not very popular underdog winners because of their style of play. 

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

England were poor after twenty of minutes. Lack of movement off the ball passing poor even with simple passing, no pressure on the ball and poor decision making with the ball.

The manager seemed void of ideas when the whole team was poor.

The penalty taking well goalkeepers just stand still when players stop during the run up.

The young royal better get used to this flattering to deceive.