Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Mapantz

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

2 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

We probably want the front to start arriving at about 18:00 so it's cold enough and then we will get a good 2-3 hours of snow maybe? 

So the SE doesn't hog it all 

• Like 2

Just now, CheesepuffScott said:

yup xD

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

So that's 2-3 hrs of cold rain then, unless you live t'up north of our region, that's Ok, we're use to that. After the glorious but cool sunshine today, spring is seeming a nice certainty, BUT even that can loose in its way..Having said that, wandering down the hill here the other morning when it was frosty, caused some slippage so maybe no white stuff will be a blessing as I have meetings scheduled for Weds..

Edited by Dorsetbred

2 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

It's actually snowing in Cardiff lol! Under a streamer.

Well you finally got some..enjoy..that looks like a long streamer too..:clapping:

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Looking like Tuesdays snow event is a no go for Devon and Cornwall at least. Is it likely that the model may still shift a little further south and slow somewhat given D&C a better chance? 

1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

It's actually snowing in Cardiff lol! Under a streamer.

That streamer heading right for me, don't matter though the Bristol channel will turn anything wintry back to rain lol

1 minute ago, haywood1982 said:

Looking like Tuesdays snow event is a no go for Devon and Cornwall at least. Is it likely that the model may still shift a little further south and slow somewhat given D&C a better chance? 

Yeah you guys down there do so well from the easterly as it kicks in from the channel, this ones looking a tad more...can one say....yuk..

1 minute ago, Smartie said:

That streamer heading right for me, don't matter though the Bristol channel will turn anything wintry back to rain lol

Should be ok tonight hopefully, brings back memories of 2010!

• Like 1

Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

Should be ok tonight hopefully, brings back memories of 2010!

Certainly does, what a steamer that was!

• Like 2

Just now, Smartie said:

Certainly does, what a steamer that was!

Who knows, might wake up to a covering. Doubt it but you never know!

4.6 here and still really blustery. Still early in the snow season for me. Just look at last year. 

Not as windy as it was earlier but still breezy. 3.9°C 

Currently 4.8°C.

This is very much like January 2013,

same kind of set up, very big IFs BUTs and maybe right down till the morning of the 17th and even then it was still dependent of the track of the low coming up the channel, but on the morning the 18th I woke up to a good 8inches ( ooh matron!)

225B4F1B-E788-4EB6-A08A-3D633FD931C5.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

So that's 2-3 hrs of cold rain then, unless you live t'up north of our region, that's Ok, we're use to that. After the glorious but cool sunshine today, spring is seeming a nice certainty, BUT even that can loose in its way..Having said that, wandering down the hill here the other morning when it was frosty, caused some slippage so maybe no white stuff will be a blessing as I have meetings scheduled for Weds..

I have just posted some reality on the hunt for cold thread, they are a bit sensitive it would seem......🤣🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, fromey said:

This is very much like January 2013,

same kind of set up, very big IFs BUTs and maybe right down till the morning of the 17th and even then it was still dependent of the track of the low coming up the channel, but on the morning the 18th I woke up to a good 8inches ( ooh matron!)

225B4F1B-E788-4EB6-A08A-3D633FD931C5.jpeg

Mostly inland and a bit messy ,I see the coming weeks weather will be more than likely.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mark Parsons said:

I have just posted some reality on the hunt for cold thread, they are a bit sensitive it would seem......🤣🤣🤣

Oh they are...very. I will never post in there. It’s nice a friendly in here.

• Like 1

Was a bit breezy here in north wilts last night. Power line came off the house 🙄

20190127_114038.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mark Parsons said:

Mostly inland and a bit messy ,I see the coming weeks weather will be more than likely.

I can definitely see what your saying, I’m hopeful at present, especially living near the mendips, and up here we do tend to get a surprise or two when it comes to the weather 

10 minutes ago, fromey said:

I can definitely see what your saying, I’m hopeful at present, especially living near the mendips, and up here we do tend to get a surprise or two when it comes to the weather 

I'd say you are best placed in the West of the region where you are fromey, for this to be notably widespread event then we need deep cold in place, anything less is very knife edge, inland and further north and east will always be favoured more.

26 minutes ago, bathweatherwatcher said:

Oh they are...very. I will never post in there. It’s nice a friendly in here.

I think it's childish in there, I've noticed the more experienced don't take the bait, they get what I am doing lol.....