Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
1 minute ago, No Balls Like Snow Balls said:

Good inch of snow at home (Haddenham, Bucks) made the 2 half hours stuck on m40 worth it (kind of )

Are you trying to wind us up fair play down here, we have to go to the other regionals to see snow pics thought a couple of days ago the se corner might get some surprises. Just put my shoulder out slapping myself on the back

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Down to 1.3°C. WHERE'S MY SNOW??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

It's currently 1.3°C here too and zilch

Posted
6 minutes ago, That ECM said:

Are you trying to wind us up fair play down here, we have to go to the other regionals to see snow pics thought a couple of days ago the se corner might get some surprises. Just put my shoulder out slapping myself on the back

Taken about 4pm by my mum who was at my house looking after my boy. 

29FBC1C4-9B5B-4B2D-8860-1A8B95F22CC7.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

The Welsh mountains are eating up the snow showers that would come straight for me!!!!

Perfect conditions for snowfall now too

Edited by Leon1
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
1 minute ago, matt111 said:

Down to 1.3°C. WHERE'S MY SNOW??

I had some sleety splats on the window screen coming through the forest on the way back form Southampton

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, jethro said:

Sorry, I had already gone to work when you posted and missed it until now. The highest points on Mendips is in and around Priddy/Charterhouse, there are some lovely walks and lots of public footpaths. Or if you don't fancy trekking cross country and risk getting lost, head to Stockhill Woods just outside Priddy, it's Forestry Commission so you can wander at will. There are broad, hard surface paths that criss cross the woods or you can wander off through the woods, plenty of parking there too. The woods are about 280 meters asl, so if it's marginal it's usually snow up there, being mostly conifer, when there's snow it's like walking through an alpine landscape  This is what it looks like up there (don't get excited, this is a couple of years old). 

878_4801979920311_638156859_n.jpg

No worries, thanks for that though I’ll bare that in mind for future. Ended up having a short walk (compromised with the Mrs ) and walked up Beacon Batch.

There was a bit of sleet mixed in with the rain confirmed by a windscreen splodge test on the way there and then had a minute long ice pellet/soft hail shower of some sort, but that was all I got to see. Great views nonetheless and would definitely be amazing on a clear summer day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

I see people in the model topics are getting excited for 'another' cold spell showing up at D7.. well just remember just 5 days the charts showed us submerged in snow and -10 uppers for today, but no. Not going to get too excited!

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

The Welsh mountains are eating up the snow showers that would come straight for me!!!!

Perfect conditions for snowfall now too

Which is why i'm not excited until we see some frontal snow events thrown in we just never do well from these setups!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow

Happy for the lucky few who had some snow today. For the rest of us... as long as the MetO keep maintaining this theme of colder conditions in February, I'm remaining optimistic personally:

"As we head through February there is an increased chance of seeing very cold conditions developing with a greater probability of northerly or easterly winds. This will bring an increased risk of snow to all areas and more widespread frosts." 

Anyone who checks the Met Office 6-30 day forecasts regularly will know that's detailed by their standards. They're usually vague / undescriptive and cover all bases.

Chins up, something is around the corner :drinks:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
19 minutes ago, TomW said:

Which is why i'm not excited until we see some frontal snow events thrown in we just never do well from these setups!

image.thumb.png.698ea7416b3404f5d44e2e763f703256.png

Wonder if this one will break through... I won't be happy until I see snow outside my window.

• Like 3

Posted

-1.9C, 96% RH, Dew Point -2C

The ground is very damp so looks like Ice could be a hazard in the morning! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Not quite freezing yet here but I expect it's quite icy out there as the ground was still very wet this evening. 0.7°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Nice and crisp here already, its going to be icy in the morning.

Posted

1°C on the dot. I expect it’ll get below freezing tonight

Posted

Not sure, but Home and Dry has this coming towards you by about 11:30. Might be in luck? @Leon1

383CFA2A-E594-4047-8DA1-12A31964D237.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
7 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Not sure, but Home and Dry has this coming towards you by about 11:30. Might be in luck? @Leon1

383CFA2A-E594-4047-8DA1-12A31964D237.png

Slap bang over my house. Yes I'm in Bradford upon Avon with gf tonight.. Think it's to late to zip home 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Temperature check. 0.3°C ✅

Temperature climbing again. 0.7°C ❎

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

I hope some of that ppn can make it over the Welsh mountains, don't hold much hope though and even if it does I will most likely be in the gap

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I hope some of that ppn can make it over the Welsh mountains, don't hold much hope though and even if it does I will most likely be in the gap

Just an overnight dusting would be a start. Maybe from that stuff further north in Wales *IF* it makes it!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
Just now, kumquat said:

Just an overnight dusting would be a start. Maybe from that stuff further north in Wales *IF* it makes it!

Looks like it holding together, fingers crossed 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

All eyes on that line of snow in SE Wales. Hovering just above freezing here.

• Like 1