Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Mapantz

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Very windy and wet this morning. Blossom and tulip petals strewn all over the garden. Rain has eased in the last hour though.

The Westerly wind has picked up this morning 25mph with plenty of 35mph gusts, one of 39mph.

Otherwise a dry and sunny start.

Wind speeds downgraded further overnight. A yellow warning here is embarrassing for this weather.

Wind has dropped now to 18-20mph and some 30-33mph gusts.

Its not as bad as I thought it would be out there! Definitely blustery and cool, but I think a normal spring-like day?? 

Absolutely detest stormy weather looks this, hopefully this will be the last god damn storm we see for a long time. 

Hmm still under a yellow warning, which according to the Met Office website was "Updated: 09:54 (UTC+1) on Fri 26 Apr 2019"

What is the point of a yellow warning that is never updated, especially as this one clearly downgraded from the outset?

Whilst breezy, even coastal waters seem unruffled, currently 13.3°C and dry with sunny intervals.

It has already dried up here, just breezy with the odd gust and there's plenty of sunny spells. Temp 12.2°C

Had a bit of rain for a while earlier this afternoon but otherwise it’s been dry. Very windy until the rain cleared but now hardly any wind at all. Reached 13.7°C

Just had a sharp shower, apart from that its been dry since early morning with sunny spells for most of the day, with blue sky above at times. Reached 13.8°C, currently 8.6°C

Posted (edited)

Random heavy shower over us, just then. Actually felt stormy for a bit.

Wasn't a bad day all in all. Christchurch early on, then back to Salisbury to take my Mum and bro out for a late lunch in the Haunch of Venison. Sunny and breezy most of the way through.

I delighted in showing the severed hand to some American tourists. They were disgusted.

Edit: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/mummified-hand-stolen-from-haunch-of-venison-pub-1921831.html

Got the proper fire going now... In late April.

Edited by jtay

Day spoiled by the strength and direction of the wind.  We've had no rain here at all and the atmosphere has been beautifully clear too.

Have eaten in the Haunch of Venison a couple of times, but was unaware of the severed hand!  Probably just as well. 😧

55 minutes ago, Lyn-M said:

Day spoiled by the strength and direction of the wind.  We've had no rain here at all and the atmosphere has been beautifully clear too.

Have eaten in the Haunch of Venison a couple of times, but was unaware of the severed hand!  Probably just as well. 😧

Back room, by the fire. 👋

I'll remember that next time I'm there!

Bit non-descript really, with a breeze that's chilly in from the NNW, sunny spells and dry, with current temp of 12.7°C 

Turned in to a beautiful afternoon here, long sunny spells, cloud cover visible to NE and round to the W.  Temperature currently a tad over 17°C

30 minutes ago, Lyn-M said:

Turned in to a beautiful afternoon here, long sunny spells, cloud cover visible to NE and round to the W.  Temperature currently a tad over 17°C

Stuck under said cloud cover all day with fleeting hazy sun and no higher than 13c.

You wouldn’t know it had rained though, everything has dried out already.

Some length sunny intervals here since about 3pm here, in contrast to the first half of the afternoon. Reached 14.7°C, currently 13.9°C

Mostly cloudy until later on this afternoon when the sun came out. Reached 15.2°C although it felt cooler than that. Currently 12.4°C

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

No thanks Northerly... 

I'd love a May Northerly 😀

Not :bad:

Edited by matt111

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, matt111 said:

I'd love a May Northerly 😀

Not :bad:

I’d rather have some Atlantic crap and I don’t say that much. Well hopefully it downgrades like every other northerly...

Cloudy and calm, 8.9°C

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Hazy sunshine to start the day with an overnight low of 7.0°C. It’s currently 8.2°C