Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Now that the low cloud is dispersing, big cbs are visible to the east and west. Much better than the vile start.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Crazy weather day here! Moderate rain for first half of morning, followed by moderate sleet, occasionally full snow in heaviest bursts. Then a lull, and just had a half hour period of very heavy rain. If only this had come 6 weeks ago! Be buried by now... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Just a standard wet day here at the moment with continuous rain for most of the day. 12.2mm fo far. Feeling cold too and probably feels colder than the current temperature of 6.6°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
4 hours ago, Azazel said:

Thoroughly depressing here and as vile as any day we endured through winter.

this is why I don’t understand championing cold charts at this time of year in the model thread because all we get is absolutely disgusting cold heavy rain. If people genuinely enjoy that I feel sorry for them.

I don’t mind cold convective weather such as Tuesday and yesterday, although I’d prefer something warmer at this time of year, but what we had today was just vile.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

A vile, cold, wet day here, the rain has stopped here and it’s brightened up a little bit. A high of 4.9°C earlier, it’s currently 4.5°C after jumping around all day

Posted

Turned more showery now and just heard thunder which I think came from west of here as it looks dark over there. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

Just had a very intense shower here in Mudeford, with one very close bolt of lightning! 

Horrible day, but ended with at least something of interest.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Christchurch storm nut said:

Just had a very intense shower here in Mudeford, with one very close bolt of lightning! 

Horrible day, but ended with at least something of interest.

That explains why I heard thunder here then. 

Posted

Yeah, bit of a bonus!

I really hope we have a better storm season than what we had last year, I have a new lens I'm desperate to try out so

I had high hopes to start with but apart from the storm we had at the end of April last year, I don't remember anything of note for the remainder of 2018

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
1 hour ago, CheesepuffScott said:

A vile, cold, wet day here, the rain has stopped here and it’s brightened up a little bit. A high of 4.9°C earlier, it’s currently 4.5°C after jumping around all day

Well after that, it started up again but more showery, absolutely soaked outside! Currently 4.1°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc
56 minutes ago, Christchurch storm nut said:

Yeah, bit of a bonus!

I really hope we have a better storm season than what we had last year, I have a new lens I'm desperate to try out so

I had high hopes to start with but apart from the storm we had at the end of April last year, I don't remember anything of note for the remainder of 2018

Last year was cr@p for storms here in Stroud - I remember a couple of weeks period where there were crazy storms too far south in Somerset/Bristol, too far west in South Wales, and then London got storms 2 days in a row which both times appeared on land from Northern France about 30 miles east of me... I hated the V4 rainfall radar for months after that! 

Posted
43 minutes ago, SilverWolf said:

Last year was cr@p for storms here in Stroud - I remember a couple of weeks period where there were crazy storms too far south in Somerset/Bristol, too far west in South Wales, and then London got storms 2 days in a row which both times appeared on land from Northern France about 30 miles east of me... I hated the V4 rainfall radar for months after that! 

What surprised me the most is that it was persistently warm/hot for a good period, and I remember thinking that we would be in for a few cracking storms at some point, but it never happened, at least not here.

Even when I was on holiday in France, I managed to get a couple of storms, but even they where a letdown compared with what you'd expect.

Must have been an unlucky year, as I feel we have turned a corner with regards to storms and plume events!

They

actually seem to travel north, instead of heading straight to Belgium

Posted
7 minutes ago, jtay said:

Heaviest shower of the day coming through now. Proceeded by hail.

Yes, that red is right over us!

Posted

13.6mm here today and it's been dry here for a couple of hours now. Currently the highest temperature of the day at 8.3°C.

Posted

A measly 5.2°C max here today.

Posted

Another heavy downpour just now with rain lashing against the window

Posted

Seems I'm right in the gap between the showers coming off the channel over Dorset and the ones coming over the IOW. Nothing here for a few hours now. 

Posted

First heavy shower of the day now. Can hear it on the roof.

Posted

A damp start here but calmer than yesterday. 7.3°C

Posted

Third day of grey skies and persistent rain. Lurvely.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Azazel said:

absolutely vile again. They're celebrating a continuation of this in the model thread.

There's n'owt so queer as folk.

• Like 1