Sign in to follow this  
Mapantz

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

A real April fools day today. Nice looking sky but feeling cold. 

Currently sat outside in the sun with a jumper on. Sun is quite weak too so not much to negate the chilly breeze.

Different story here. Hardly any wind and temps up to 15°C. I'm in a t-shirt and sweating buckets!

12 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Different story here. Hardly any wind and temps up to 15°C. I'm in a t-shirt and sweating buckets!

Yeah you must do well with offshore breezes.

It’s lovely when the wind drops!

50 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Same here, out the front in full sun, it's beautiful, warmer than any day last week, currently 16.5°C and only a light breeze.  Shame it's all about to change, I could get used to this!

8 sunny days out of 9 and even yesterday it cleared late afternoon so we made the most of the lighter evening.

I can’t see us getting much rain, a few showery bursts tomorrow morning then sunny with scattered showers. Wednesday and Thursday look interesting in the afternoons but not everywhere will see precipitation then drier Friday.

So the main change is temperature which will be mainly noticeable when it’s not sunny.

A great day here. 17.1C here and not a cloud in the sky.

Turned into a nice day after a cold start, sunny with blue skies. Reached 15.7°C, currently 11.9°C bit still feels quite warm. 

Hazy sunshine with a light breeze. Shame it has to end! Reached 16.5°C, it’s currently 15.9°C

March 2019; Redlynch, Wiltshire

Max Temp: 17.8°C (30th)

Min Temp: -0.2°C (26th)

Mean Max: 12.5°C

Mean Min: 4.2°C

Air Frosts: 1

quite the change coming, according to met office website, been looking at 'feels like' temps (wind chill)

even here, showing no more than 2 or 3c through Tuesday and Wednesday.

fresh wind - WNW, veering NNW

11 hours of sunshine recorded and a top temp of 17.1°C.

Currently 5.8°C

MO calling for some rain during the morning with a few brighter periods in the afternoon. Wednesday and Thurs look dry with just a few showers and sunny spells again. So perhaps not a washout week thankfully!

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Good morning, a low of 2.5°C at 4am, it is currently 4.0°C and overcast with a cold breeze making it feel much cooler

Front is lagging a bit. Should’ve cleared by now. Still raining lightly. Can just make out the back edge to the northwest.

59 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Front is lagging a bit. Should’ve cleared by now. Still raining lightly. Can just make out the back edge to the northwest.

I always add 2 hours to predicted cold front clearance times then there’s no annoyance lol.

lovely rank mid-winters day today.

10 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

Possibility of our first storm activity of the season this afternoon!😊

The only thing i'm interested in from this horrible unsettled spell. Hoping to see some big old cauliflowers and test out my new wide angle lens.

Very fresh out there today. Showers will be whipping through before too long I think.

Is that a little bit of snow in the distance out on the moors?🧐 Taking a rough guess it's in the direction of Yelverton/Tavistock, but very hard to say for sure!

IMG_20190402_111037.jpg

Nice day out there now! Sun feels quite a bit stronger than yesterday too so actually doesn't feel any colder than yesterday.

Nice little hail shower pinging through at the moment.

2 hours ago, Azazel said:

The only thing i'm interested in from this horrible unsettled spell. Hoping to see some big old cauliflowers and test out my new wide angle lens.

Convection is underway here, so let's see what it brings!

4 minutes ago, jtay said:

Nice little hail shower pinging through at the moment.

Yes, it caught me out!

Yes, a lot of clag around at the moment but some more solid looking convection going up with nice dark bases.