Sign in to follow this  
Mapantz

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

It has stayed cloudy but dry all day, it reached 13.2°C around lunchtime, it’s currently 12.4°C

Very much like yesterday but without the drizzle. Cloudy all day apart from a very brief sunny spell earlier. Reached 11.4°C, currently 9.8°C

Third day in a row of drizzle on & off, getting very tedious now.

The recent unsettled period actually saw some nice weather, as there was still plenty of sunshine. I'd rather have that then what the last few days have brought.

Morning, starting off overcast once again. Damp too so must have drizzled. Overnight low of 8.1°C, it’s currently 9.2°C

I’m with Mapantz in this, last week although so wet at times had plenty of sunshine too. I got washing dried in a few hours twice whereas this week it hasn’t dried at all.

Monday started glorious but ended up with persistent light rain and hazy sun. Tuesday and yesterday were overcast all day with invizdriz at times. Today actually started quite clear but since 07.00 dullness and invizdriz have returned.

So far as I can tell tomorrow will be similar so roll on the cold front to hopefully clear things up during Saturday!

Wow! Tumbleweed! 

24 hours on and as predicted more invizdriz, however the sun did put in a few brief appearances yesterday.

With more to come....from Knockers' analysis:

"Through Saturday the fading front stalls in the south so remaining cloudy here with some patchy rain but sunnier to the north..

A similar scenario pertains over Saturday night and Sunday with the front loitering in the Channel area so still cloudy in the south and sunnier elsewhere."

I think I'll go back into hibernation until Spring weather really does return...chow

23 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

With more to come....from Knockers' analysis:

"Through Saturday the fading front stalls in the south so remaining cloudy here with some patchy rain but sunnier to the north..

A similar scenario pertains over Saturday night and Sunday with the front loitering in the Channel area so still cloudy in the south and sunnier elsewhere."

I think I'll go back into hibernation until Spring weather really does return...chow

Or get in the car and head North. That's what we'll be doing, if it looks brighter up there.

We're brewing in Christchurch tomorrow, so they'll be no escape from the gloom down there by the looks of it.

😴 

Cloudy again although this time it’s slightly cooler than the last few days. 9.5°C

Grey gloom and all very still once again today. Reached 11.2°C, it's currently 9.4°C. Can't wait to see the sun again!

Has cleared up a little bit this evening so I can see a few stars. Temp currently 6.7°C down from 8.7°C an hour ago

Sun has come out a little here after being dull all morning. Feeling nice out of the shade

Today’s max of 13.3c was the highest since 27th February, that rather shows how bland it’s been since that remarkable week.

More importantly there was plenty of hazy sunshine after a damp start.

Looking good out there at last... dig, dig, dig.

A sunny start to the day after several days of almost endless cloud. 13.1°C

Finally! A lovely spring day.

641532677_IMG_20190324_1129562.thumb.jpg.76c260c12974019d0aad66976c602ce5.jpg

Temp 13°C

First proper nice day this month out there! Actually feels and looks like spring.

Easily the best day since the spell at the end of Feb. 

08139CC1-1915-4C68-A8D9-68488A74D039.jpeg

Virtually cloudless, hit 15.0°C around 30 mins ago, currently 14.5°C. So warmest day since this time last month, and feels even warmer with the stronger sun.

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Really rather cool wind out there taking the edge of the temperature so not feeling quite so pleasant as the last nice spell in February, albeit with much stronger sun!