Sign in to follow this  
Mapantz

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

20 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Complete opposite here. Windy all day, but dry as a bone.

The lack of wind is this evening and continuing now, it was gusting strongly all day.

46 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

It hasn’t stopped drizzling/raining all day, every time I’ve checked the radar and thought a gap was coming it’s filled in. It’s quite fascinating to rewind the radar and watch what’s happened. A total of 4mm in 15 hours since first light when I emptied the gauge.

Oh, nearly forgot, not a breath of wind which means it’s oddly quiet, for now.

Yes, and that almost permanent blob of heavier precipitation that has just sat over South Wales all afternoon.

Torrential drizzle here at the moment lol. A real sprinkler job.

There hasn't been any drizzly rain for a while here. Just mild at 9.9°C

Constant drizzle here but not windy anymore. 

Was breezy here but nothing more than that throughout the day and it's still the same at the moment. 

A light grey and breezy day here.
A little drizzle blowing in the breeze earlier.
Expected stronger winds today. Its 18-23mph with gusts of 30-35mph so far.

Windy but no more than it was a few weeks ago when there was no warning issued. Only had 3 gusts that have made it above 40mph, so not that bad really. Temp 10.6°C.

Getting windy again now. Trees swaying and creating that roar sound. At the same time though, feeling quite warm in the sun!

Grey and windy. We’ve had 2 power cuts here this afternoon. Currently 10.1°C

Managed 46mph earlier. 10 min average of 25mph - F6. That's not bad for my location. Hoping for a bit more.

480940050_Annotation2019-03-16160741.thumb.jpg.8418becbc235c74b8095305e293a3357.jpg 1291641217_Annotation2019-03-16160830.thumb.jpg.9bc15bec0d1b922c5eddd76c10a61741.jpg

Looks like the strongest of the winds for here over the next hour according to the forecast, saying that it's quite windy outside with some strong gusts, and it's drizzly. Temperature is 9.6°C after a high of 10.8°C earlier

Windy with drizzle on an off for most of the day so far. Felt mild earlier but now feels quite cold. 10.2°C

It'll be nice to get some calm, settled weather next week and into the extended period. Not really too concerned about the temperature as long as it stays dry and there's a bit of sunshine too 🙂 Hopefully it lasts.

image.thumb.png.41e519e52b77e8ac8f3e6f6b54bf9ce5.pngimage.thumb.png.732b609b95d841b5f60f6dc6b11b71ac.pngimage.thumb.png.c4324295bbadde59a022cecf3d8aebd2.png

glad there is better weather coming.. it's vile... another band of heavy rain... rain is dripping into my loft.

lost tiles.. some damage has been done these past few weeks

Started drizzling here most of the day to be fair, but the wind steady increased noticeably after 2pm to near gale force by the time I finished work. 

Not a night to to go out to the pub. Netflix and Vimto it is ;) 

Really odd. That 'squall' just came through here, and was the calmest period so far but with torrential rain. Now it's passed, the rain is lighter but the wind has returned.

Next door's fence has gone.

So funny to read posts in the model thread bemoaning winter having been a failure. One remarkable day in this region means they’re wrong!

After a windy day with drizzle, the heavier rain has arrived. Still windy, 9.5°C

Torrential rain as the squall came through with strongest winds, then suddenly almost calm.  So looking forward to less windy conditions, I find persistent winds of the strength we've had recently very tiring.

Just moderate rain here, squall line didn't produce anything.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Just moderate rain here, squall line didn't produce anything.

Same here it broke up just before it got here so it just remained as steady rain.

Much calmer now with lighter winds but still raining. Temperature dropping quicker now. 8.8°C

Edited by matt111

I'm on for an all time record - wind run. It's currently at 378.7 miles. The current record is 392.7 miles. That's one of my toughest records to beat.

We had about an hour of persistent heavy rain, it’s back to more of a drizzle now. Temperature also dropped quite fast after around 8:30, it’s down to 6.8°C from 8.8°C then