Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice little walk with the hound.

Beautiful looking up towards Peek Tor on Dartmoor this morning ❄❄❄

Guys good luck today -As they say one mans loss is another mans gain - well for once in the UK the south & SW are going to gobble up the Norths snow ? Someone in North Devon / Somerset / Wilt

Posted Images

25.1mm in last 24 hours here, first total of 25mm or over since 18th December last year which was the only one of 2018.  11.0°C was max temperature in same period and occurred a few minutes ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheltenham Festival next week. Great day out but if it’s cold, wet and windy the pleasure fades as the day progresses! Anyone any thoughts on next Tuesday/Wednesday? Dry or at least mainly dry would be good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Bobd29 said:

Cheltenham Festival next week. Great day out but if it’s cold, wet and windy the pleasure fades as the day progresses! Anyone any thoughts on next Tuesday/Wednesday? Dry or at least mainly dry would be good.

Not sure how to break this to you @Bobd29 ...

image.thumb.png.5e9dba1a14352edd51840a5fa619c01b.png

Not looking great on the GFS at the moment, I'm afraid. Just one to keep an eye on at this range though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, jtay said:

Not sure how to break this to you @Bobd29 ...

image.thumb.png.5e9dba1a14352edd51840a5fa619c01b.png

Not looking great on the GFS at the moment, I'm afraid. Just one to keep an eye on at this range though.

Thanks Jay, I think! Looks as bad as it can get, certainly a day for thermals!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Distinct lines of showers forming, one of which I'm right on the edge of. Quite reminiscent of summer shower patterns. This is the type of pattern I record rPm thunderstorms.

Link to post
Share on other sites

24mm overnight and a further 6mm today. We haven’t even had a half hour long dry spell, drizzle and sharp/heavy showers keep forming to the SSW and move quickly overhead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

It’s a bright start this morning however there’s some rain heading this way according to the radar. A low of 3.8°C at 5am, it’s currently 6.5°C

Yeah, I could see it coming when I headed out at 7:30. Caught the first bit on the way home, but managed to avoid the heaviest rain... just.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

@CheesepuffScott

Hey! I really like your 2019 stats under the messages you post. I've always wanted to do that but never figured out how. Can you explain how you managed to do it?

Thanks.?

Thank you! You can add it on by going to https://www.netweather.tv/forum/settings/signature/  ? I've just got the mean max/min for each month in red and blue respectively  + the highest/lowest temp for the year so far and the snow days/lying snow days but you can do what you like with it.

Edited by CheesepuffScott
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Thank you! You can add it on by going to https://www.netweather.tv/forum/settings/signature/  ? I've just got the mean max/min for each month in red and blue respectively  + the highest/lowest temp for the year so far and the snow days/lying snow days but you can do what you like with it.

Thanks mate! ? 

Always wanted to know how.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...