Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Mapantz

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Heavy rain for most of the afternoon so far and windy. 8.2mm so far. 7.4°C

• Like 1

Another hideous day here, got absolutely soaked again, even the waterproofs couldn't hold out against some of the down pours. Glad it's the weekend.

• Sad 1

Stopped raining about an hour ago. Interesting sky as it clears 

28398D9A-F41E-4D41-97E1-191AE1D5F9EE.jpeg

• Like 3

Reached 10.0°C here today, currently 8.7°C and the sky is clearing a little too

• Like 1

Horrible weather today. Garden arbour got blown over 😥 so had to go outside in the rain and put it back up. 7.3c now but got up to 11.2c earlier. 

• Like 2

Amazing loud roar last night over Boar's Hill, 3:30 am? Wind.

This lunchtime, walked through Eynsham in wild wind, pairs of crows in a big flock swooping over the village, all together, but definitely in pairs.

Torrential rain at 2:50pm, stayed at work until it was all gone, lovely to have a wild stormy day.

Spring is in the air.

• Like 1

Looking quite settled after Sunday, albeit a little bit mild at least it’ll be dry with some sunshine too to top up the Vitamin D intake

• Like 1

Huge flash of lightning and crack of thunder in Cleeve - in FEBRUARY! Never have thunder and lightning in February. Heavy hail to boot.

• Like 4

That was a big wind gust here then rattled the house and a few bins over, still going on now

Wind must have been very quick last night. We've got double glazing and I was woken up 3 times from the wind and rain smashing against the window!

• Like 1

16mm of rain yesterday, most of it between 2pm to 5pm.
The wind stayed pretty constant at 15-25mph all yesterday, evening, overnight and this morning, with plenty of 20-25mph gusts and a good few handfuls of gusts at 41-43mph. 

A grey cloudy start, but some blue sky slowly appearing.
8.9c, 1003.7 hPa, SW 14-20mph, gusting 30-35mph. 

So windy again. Hate the wind...what purpose does it serve other than to blow a few cobwebs away? Rain is fine, a torrential downpour is exciting, but wind is just damaging and being out in it feels like a physical assault. Plus, it mucks up my already horrible hair! 😱😄

• Like 1

Wind kept waking me last night and I have lost a fence panel, current temp 6.8c and calmer

We got off lightly with the rain yesterday, just 8.6mm and the wind was less nasty too.

Today, sunshine and squally showers which are now fading.  Looking forward to a quieter week ahead.

Yet another Saturday with rain/showers! There wasn’t any last week though after the snow dumping!

This week last year was half term and it was a very changeable week which wasn’t good for my outdoor work. Of course this coming week looks bone dry after tomorrow and with half term being the following week I expect the dry spell to end in time for Monday 18th!

Don’t go into the cold hunt thread this morning.  It’s looking as bad as it gets for cold now.  Let’s hope for another turnaround, but it had better be soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Reached 10.0°C earlier and it has clouded over a bit more now. Currently 9.5°C

Terribly ill today, probably the flu. Didn't help being woken up so many times last night from the wind. 🤒

It's 10.2c outside and cloudy.

• Like 1

Ended up with 18mm of rain here yesterday and gales overnight left my shed roof felt covering in tatters and the patio furniture strewn around the garden. Trip to a DIY store beckons 🤨

2 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

Terribly ill today, probably the flu. Didn't help being woken up so many times last night from the wind. 🤒

Sorry to hear that Leon1 my wife has had that for the past week. It’s quite a nasty bug going around. 🤮

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Crackerjack said:

Sorry to hear that Leon1 my wife has had that for the past week. It’s quite a nasty bug going around. 🤮

I hope it doesn't last too long. It's a very horrible bug.

2 hours ago, Leon1 said:

Get well soon

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Get well soon

Thanks 🙂

• Like 1