South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

You certainly did alright there Karlos. There was nowhere near that here! Roads had cleared by midnight and it was just ice/slush on the grass and verges this morning. It's virtually all gone now.

Wow really? Amazing what just 300ft does ?

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice little walk with the hound.

Beautiful looking up towards Peek Tor on Dartmoor this morning ❄❄❄

Guys good luck today -As they say one mans loss is another mans gain - well for once in the UK the south & SW are going to gobble up the Norths snow ? Someone in North Devon / Somerset / Wilt

Posted Images

It was nice to have snow down here but you've got to feel a bit sorry for the Midlands as in the days leading up to the event all the models were showing the front going up to their region. But it wasn't to be and was cruelly snatched away from them just hours beforehand. Whilst we were seeing upgrades they were seeing downgrades. Here's hoping we get another snow event before winter's out and the next one is a nationwide event.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, That ECM said:

What region is Basingstoke in? Want to see some pics 

Must be in our region, central southern England. I’m just North of Basingstoke and we have heavy snow again here.  Started about an hour ago. Looking at the radar we are in a sweet spot at the moment.  The situation around Basingstoke is serious. Lots of people stuck in cars on M3 and surrounding roads.  M3 was completely blocked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Frosty1 said:

Must be in our region, central southern England. I’m just North of Basingstoke and we have heavy snow again here.  Started about an hour ago. Looking at the radar we are in a sweet spot at the moment.  The situation around Basingstoke is serious. Lots of people stuck in cars on M3 and surrounding roads.  M3 was completely blocked. 

Yeah I saw. Friend put something on fb 3 hours ago and there was plenty then but must have loads more now. They are not posting photos in here tho. Maybe there is no snow nutters in Basingstoke ??

Edited by That ECM
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here's an interesting and detailed video I've just watched about the 1946/47 winter, I seriously lost count of how many times he mentions about blizzards pushing into the south west! Pretty stunning to see how it all played out on the weather charts but at the same time utterly devastating impacts to the country which was still recovering from the war. 

Edited by Smartie
Forget to link the video... Doh!!
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

With the exception of a few light flurries early afternoon, nothing more has come down here although the west edge of the blob has only been a few miles to the east of here.  Well over 50% of what fell overnight has melted and about to become ice.