Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Just got another warning for more heavy snow this evening I'm just in the warning zone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
5 minutes ago, Climate_Eyes said:

That is good to know Matt, I think it's a tad confused but aren't we all

Yes very confusing. 

It’s annoying as I’m watching that heavy bit as it looks like it might clip here in a while but don’t know if it’s right or not. ?‍♂️ 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Yes, we were off into Basingstoke tonight to watch my son perform in a play at the Haymarket theatre. Sadly cancelled so sat here watching the snow , drinking "snow beer" and following events on Netweather. And it's still snowing heavily outside.

Jtay, you must have a decent pub in Downton? perhaps a trip there instead?

It's funny how we hang out for this type of event, then it gets in the way.

We do, kind of, but it's a 1 1/2 mile walk across the field and I've already done it once today.

Might just go early and stay over. One thing Bournemouth isn't short of, is hotels.

Edited by jtay
  • Like 1

Posted

A funny old dayif all the snow had stuck,im guessing 35 foot lol,but most unusual nonetheless.thanks to the New Forest weather centres for their updates,still snowing but not settling,another job lot of bird food,fat balls sure attract Great Tits,loads of birds,but nothing unusual,but up  to 30 dive bombing the feeding station,the tits must knacker themselves,fly in,take a single grain,then fly back again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

@jtay there is currently zero snow in Bournemouth. A few flakes blowing in the wind. The rest rain. All the snow we did have has completely gone as well  

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Slowly clearing here, fast moving low cloud blowing off Salisbury Plain with some blue sky in between.

Still flurrying snow though but some slow thaw of what’s on the ground. 8 to 9 inches level on a table when it was 9 to 10 inches earlier.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, snowysouth said:

If it helps it seems all ok here. All transport and schools ect not affected 

Thank you. It's the stuff to the North East of here at the moment that might provide the fun and games later.

Edit : North East even.

Edited by jtay
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Road is going white again!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Storms

For those granted an unexpected snow day by the weather gods, I hope you’ve all had a brilliant time. We’re 1 sledge down, the kids are cold, wet & hungry but still out playing & Mr Frosty is still looking good as the final flakes fall from the sky.

Have been following this forum for nearly 2yrs & would have joined up earlier during the Beast from the East if it were not for having to have our beloved 12yr old dog put to sleep literally just as the 1st flakes began to fall. My heart wasn’t in it then

Fast forward nearly a year now, we have a new pup to enjoy the snow & make memories with. 

I won’t pretend I know much about the weather models or be able to participate much in that side of the discussion but I’m a kid at heart when it comes to weather like snow & thunderstorms & look forward to sharing what’s happening in my location & A GIN/WINE/BEER on occasions with you all... I’m not fussy!

Promise not to talk so much all the time too ~haha~ but can’t believe Calne was in the sweet spot again this time (Had given up hope & gone to bed well early yesterday after a day of radar/forum/app watching and literally 1/2hr later...BOOM!☃️)

To future weather watching with you all... Cheers

9A4418F5-EC11-4838-B93F-E739314E7AD4.jpeg

Edited by Calneee
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Really heavy snowfall, road is completely white

• Like 1

Posted

Must be half an inch on the road already!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

Took a drive into Wiltshire and it's like a different planet compared to here, encountered some very heavy snow particularly north of Salisbury with drifting too. This has been a great event for some.

Got back to Soton and it was a sleety/wet snow mix, which has now stopped.

I have no idea what to expect in the next few hours as the radar is completely FUBAR!

Posted

Very annoying having a bust radar, I have no idea what's going on around Portsmouth! 

Anyway, just started snowing again

EDIT - no back to rain again. Can't make its mind up! 

Edited by Man With Beard

Posted

This event over Hampshire is really doing us favours!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.
3 minutes ago, Richard Fisher said:

Heading south east