Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards


Recommended Posts

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice little walk with the hound.

Beautiful looking up towards Peek Tor on Dartmoor this morning ❄❄❄

Guys good luck today -As they say one mans loss is another mans gain - well for once in the UK the south & SW are going to gobble up the Norths snow ? Someone in North Devon / Somerset / Wilt

Posted Images

Posted
  • Location: Sunderland
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
  • Location: Sunderland
    Just now, andy_leics22 said:

    Hold on, just realized something... You used to be 'ajpoolshark'! How you doing me old mucka? Apart from being snowed in??

    he he.....hello mate....changed me name a year ago, 'ajpoolshark'  was sooooo 2005 - 2017...lol......I'm good Andy (jeez, you get around a bit mate...leics, oxon, and now Gib!)

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Stunning Shropshire
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
  • Location: Stunning Shropshire
    Just now, beerandkebab said:

    he he.....hello mate....changed me name a year ago, 'ajpoolshark'  was sooooo 2005 - 2017...lol......I'm good Andy (jeez, you get around a bit mate...leics, oxon, and now Gib!)

    yeah and he looks a bit older than his original profile pic! lol travelling has not done him well! ?

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2 minutes ago, Mike the Fish said:

    Thanks Matty, looks promising

    I heard someone say it was raining?

     Hi mike, im in ferndown just a few miles down the road its a mix of sleet and light snow better later looking at net weather radar 

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Bournemouth - Dorset
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow
  • Location: Bournemouth - Dorset
    4 minutes ago, Singing in the Snow said:

    Showing lightly in Poole Dorset but not really doing much at the moment

    Thanks Singing in the Snow, someone said it was raining in Poole!

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Upton, Northampton.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
  • Location: Upton, Northampton.
    1 minute ago, beerandkebab said:

    he he.....hello mate....changed me name a year ago, 'ajpoolshark'  was sooooo 2005 - 2017...lol......I'm good Andy (jeez, you get around a bit mate...leics, oxon, and now Gib!)

    Haha! 'ajpoolshark' reminds me of a name someone would have on MSN back in the day ? Tell me about it! I even had a year stint in Rushden from March 2017 to April 2018 ? So in the past 7 years, I've lived in Leicester, Oxford and Oxfordshire, Rushden and now Gibraltar. Only planning on staying here till July though and then move back to good old England. I am enjoying it here but I miss my friends and family in the UK and it sounds sad but I couldn't possibly live somewhere long-term that has 0% of snow all year round ?

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Sunderland
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
  • Location: Sunderland
    1 minute ago, andy_leics22 said:

    Haha! 'ajpoolshark' reminds me of a name someone would have on MSN back in the day ? Tell me about it! I even had a year stint in Rushden from March 2017 to April 2018 ? So in the past 7 years, I've lived in Leicester, Oxford and Oxfordshire, Rushden and now Gibraltar. Only planning on staying here till July though and then move back to good old England. I am enjoying it here but I miss my friends and family in the UK and it sounds sad but I couldn't possibly live somewhere long-term that has 0% of snow all year round ?

    it was my msn name...lol........you've given my secret away now though mate....some peeps might think 'ajpoolshark, wasn't he that knob of a moderator on here for years?...I thought that tosspot had gone'.... :oldlaugh:

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Somerset.
  • Location: Somerset.
    17 minutes ago, Calneee said:

    50p sized pieces falling now?

    (You can hear my pup in the background clawing at the door to get back out in it?)

    What camera is that? It’s very good quality.

    edit: sorry I know this is not a camera forum, and I should be more impressed with the snow.

    Edited by Bazray
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Benson, Oxfordshire
  • Location: Benson, Oxfordshire
    27 minutes ago, beerandkebab said:

    defo.....lol.....right up there with 'will it snow in cardiff'....and 'dinner plate sized flakes'......I might do another card later today if I get chance

    Don't forget  BANK! BOOM! BUST! and !!!!!!!!

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Sunderland
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
  • Location: Sunderland
    6 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

    Don't forget  BANK! BOOM! BUST! and !!!!!!!!

    the biggest new entry on the bingo card will be "ICON!!!!!! SOUTH 5 MILES!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!"

    and of course...."DECIPHER!"

    Edited by beerandkebab
    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Glastonbury
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
  • Location: Glastonbury

    Hi all, wow, what a great surprise of a day! Still coming down as hard as anything. Granted, would have liked a degree or two lower all day, but hey, that is being greedy. Having said that its come down a degree in the last half hour here in Butleigh near Glastonbury. Currently 1.3. First post in a very long time!

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Calne, Wiltshire
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & storms.
  • Location: Calne, Wiltshire
    4 minutes ago, Bazray said:

    What camera is that? It’s very good quality.

    edit: sorry I know this is not a camera forum, and I should be more impressed with the snow.

    Thanks. All taken on my IPhone (6plus) 

    Quick update: It’s still snowing, we’re one sledge down, the pup’s still out playing, hubbys been sent home to work & we may have opened the snow apocalypse Stella?

     

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: New Forest (Western)
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.
  • Location: New Forest (Western)

    Variably light-moderate, occasionally heavy here this past hour. Very wet snow, not really adding to the level amounts any more - temp needs to come down about half a degree for that. 

    More persistent heavier band wiggling about just north of me - seems hesitant to make the journey southeast.

     

    Judging by the precipitation type on the netweather Radar - less cold upper level air has been entrained into the 'blob' from the east, but hasn't had much effect on the southern half of it (at least not yet - I'm wary of it). A battle coming up between the slight cooling as the sun lowers and that upper level inflow from the east. At the surface level we seem to mostly just have the diurnal temp variations to deal with, which under full cloud cover and falling snow is usually only about 1*C at this time of year.

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Redlynch, Wiltshire / 110m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
  • Location: Redlynch, Wiltshire / 110m asl

    1B8E97F1-3A73-4E73-8647-F49B1F7F1AA9.jpeg

    • Like 3
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Cyprus and North east Swindon. 104 ASL
  • Location: Cyprus and North east Swindon. 104 ASL

    I wonder what area will have the most at the end, the Swindon / bath / Newbury triangle seems to have done v well. Many areas well over 6 inches.

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    3 minutes ago, Singularity said:

    Variably light-moderate, occasionally heavy here this past hour. Very wet snow, not really adding to the level amounts any more - temp needs to come down about half a degree for that. 

    More persistent heavier band wiggling about just north of me - seems hesitant to make the journey southeast.

     

    Judging by the precipitation type on the netweather Radar - less cold upper level air has been entrained into the 'blob' from the east, but hasn't had much effect on the southern half of it (at least not yet - I'm wary of it). A battle coming up between the slight cooling as the sun lowers and that upper level inflow from the east. At the surface level we seem to mostly just have the diurnal temp variations to deal with, which under full cloud cover and falling snow is usually only about 1*C at this time of year.

    Hi Singularity do you think i will have a chance of any more snow for ferndown dorset later many thanks

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Winchester, Hampshire ~ Southern Central!
  • Location: Winchester, Hampshire ~ Southern Central!

    Oooh lala just started snowing here again. Does Hampshire have more coming? Thought we were long over done!

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Cowbridge
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, cold snowy winters, thunderstorms
  • Location: Cowbridge

    Come on then - Let's see the photos of this big snow event to those having the best of it?. Show the world the glorious white carpet currently showering you in its stunning glory ?

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: New Forest (Western)
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.
  • Location: New Forest (Western)
    Just now, mattyj said:

    Hi Singularity do you think i will have a chance of any more snow for ferndown dorset later many thanks

    Hi Matty - I have a feeling you'll be near the southwestern limits of it, so you may see some more light, perhaps occasionally moderate sleet or snow. Being near the edge does make things very uncertain so no guarantees, but right now the radar shows sleet or snow reaching just 5 miles north of you, so it's not going to take much. Accumulations may be hard to come by, though, unless temps manage to drop as the sun goes down. I've still got a stalemate situation here with the falling snow offsetting the thaw almost 1 to 1.

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Siston, Bristol 70m ASL
  • Location: Siston, Bristol 70m ASL
    19 hours ago, MidnightSnow said:

    I hope this doesn't go titicus verticus

    tenor.gif.c95f2d530997a070931fc90dc86eca5a.gif

    Famous last words! 

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2 minutes ago, Singularity said:

    Hi Matty - I have a feeling you'll be near the southwestern limits of it, so you may see some more light, perhaps occasionally moderate sleet or snow. Being near the edge does make things very uncertain so no guarantees, but right now the radar shows sleet or snow reaching just 5 miles north of you, so it's not going to take much. Accumulations may be hard to come by, though, unless temps manage to drop as the sun goes down. I've still got a stalemate situation here with the falling snow offsetting the thaw almost 1 to 1.

    Ok many thanks for reply 

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest
    This topic is now closed to further replies.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...