Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice little walk with the hound.

Beautiful looking up towards Peek Tor on Dartmoor this morning ❄❄❄

Guys good luck today -As they say one mans loss is another mans gain - well for once in the UK the south & SW are going to gobble up the Norths snow ? Someone in North Devon / Somerset / Wilt

Posted Images

Now this is a IMBY moment as im smack bang in the middle.?

What a shocker. Went to bed at 4am this morning and woke up to kids playing and snow still falling and piling up. Have not seen a daytime snow event for some time so am over the moon.

This event for me has topped last years event,

20190201_093032.jpg

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, jtay said:

Are you still heading down to Weymouth @khodds?

Yep! Planning to.. packed and waiting for my lift... I dug my car out just in case!!

Edited by khodds
9 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Its going to beat march jeth..... ?

Blizzard conditions over top

It certainly is. I'll venture out later but at the mo it's heavy snow and very windy, I'll struggle to get any decent pics so will wait a bit. Stuck my head out the back door, it's now 22cm on the table, the hump behind the level snow is the buried ashtray.

DSC02838.JPG

• Like 5
1 minute ago, khodds said:

Yep! Planning to.. packed and waiting for my lift... I dug my car out just in case!!

The main roads down South seems OK, at least around here they are. We're still going to head to the BIC tonight.

image.thumb.png.f3f076f6d14e4320ee25f7896476b171.png

He made it down from Scotland overnight, so we can manage from Salisbury surely.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

2 snowmen built, the smaller one by our very happy 2 and a half year old boy!

Remarkable to have this on the back of last year! Cyclical weather? Rather like February 2009 which was quickly followed by December 2009 and December 2010.

Now cuddled up watching The Snowman which thank goodness we recorded and didn’t delete!

AE5A00F4-A97E-460B-AF3D-D01BC4E1B4E8.jpeg

3E080D9D-AA6E-4DAF-B801-CBA07081BE62.jpeg

Don't you just love Solar minimums;-)

• Like 3
Just now, jtay said:

The main roads down South seems OK, at least around here they are. We're still going to head to the BIC tonight.

image.thumb.png.f3f076f6d14e4320ee25f7896476b171.png

He made it down from Scotland overnight, so we can manage from Salisbury surely.

The roads all round Bournemouth and Poole are clear. I don't know what it will be like on the 338 from fordingbridge etc.... 

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Craig84 said:

Well i’m gobsmacked at this.

10 years of looking at the models and I never imagined that such a set up could bring me the heaviest snow I’ve seen in my 34 years. Closing in on 20cms here.

I just had to take my 4month old son out in it, although I was more exited than he was! 

Agreed - it is truly remarkable how this snow keeps on coming! Could do with another 12hrs of it though! ?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, kumquat said:

At least another couple hours of moderate/heavy snow to come, looking at radar. Seems to be intensifying and building out of Oxford area :oldrofl:

Bring.it.on!

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

All fiddling out here despite what the forecast says, but very happy with 6cm ?

Have to take that back. We have a pivot. Game on for round 2....but first a walk down to Tesco for some milk and bread ??

13 minutes ago, SilverWolf said:

Is that a male estimate? 

Lol. Girly here and although I'm not usually one to get involved with blokes measurements.....we do have close on 9 inches now. Still snowing heavily too.

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Nick123 said:

Umm the precip is going into france? And there is no pivot? This could be a massive bust for the people in the amber zone? Meanwhile in the NE we have our first few flakes!

Well I’m glad to say it didn’t go Bust,  this is best snowfall I’ve witnessed in Pensford since 2009 and it keeps on coming ?

20cm perched on the fence over 20 on the patio ? 

9C605138-DD41-4637-A5B9-7CF11DC59360.jpeg

B5E238DC-0C0D-4EDA-A1F3-ABB9826858C9.jpeg

Edited by jaz
Add photos
  • Like 6