Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mapantz

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, bellanite said:

There's been light snow for a few hours but we have nice big flakes at the mo ?

This is the system that keeps on giving ?

It certainly does. 

Can you imagine if that first system properly got us too instead of staying south coast ( now I'm  just bring greedy I know ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morn all, a nice covering here, circa 4-5 inches just looking out, still snowing lightly being blown around in the strong wind.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning all... Just measured 9cm here! Some spots around 8cm however I'll take the 9cm. ? Exceeded my expectations and it's STILL snowing. 

Looking forward to first light to get a proper look at it all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. When do we recon the main roads will be drivable?! I have stuff to do ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Karl83 said:

Morning all... Just measured 9cm here! Some spots around 8cm however I'll take the 9cm. ? Exceeded my expectations and it's STILL snowing. 

Looking forward to first light to get a proper look at it all.

Enjoy Karl. Prob only snowfall of winter in SG and i've missed it! Lol!

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice cover outside, with some snow blowing around in the breeze. I’ll do an official measurement soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know of a decent website to let me know what the roads are like in the area?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Enjoy Karl. Prob only snowfall of winter in SG and i've missed it! Lol!

Typical eh! Hopefully winter will have another sting in its tail for when you are in town. I'll get some photos online later. ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, khodds said:

Ok. When do we recon the main roads will be drivable?! I have stuff to do ?

Maybe Saturday?

Moderate snowfall again. 

Edited by Karl83
Added text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I broke my ruler measuring last March’s snow and haven’t bought a new one!

So best guess is 4 to 5 inches. Really wasn’t expecting this much !

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, offerman said:

I think you'll be fine Steve . I haven't ventured out in the roads but it's very wet snow will melt quickly . 

I have just ventured out thought to measure up. 

12-13 cm on the table level with 21cm drift by back door as quite windy too 

 

CB3B9F03-E757-40BE-83FA-8E7FC1092621.jpeg

54E6F67D-F60C-4CC6-BB91-B393A36B6AF9.jpeg

91FABD6B-3373-4800-8383-491D6221E0A8.jpeg

Nothing like that here,

I'm setting off early, roads should be very quiet anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning, can not believe it’s still snowing, roughly 6 inches, gauging by my by the frame of my gazebo runs, it seemed where I was and the surrounding areas were in the sweet spot 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well a bit disappointed really here (even though I shouldn’t be) everything a few miles too far north meaning it stopped snowing here first and also we where obviously at a disadvantage of the first few hours being precip being rain. Slow thaw overnight with temps not falling below zero and snow should be gone by 10 or 11am.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Well a bit disappointed really here (even though I shouldn’t be) everything a few miles too far north meaning it stopped snowing here first and also we where obviously at a disadvantage of the first few hours being precip being rain. Slow thaw overnight with temps not falling below zero and snow should be gone by 10 or 11am.

I feel exactly the same. Nice to see but melting too fast. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been out to measure up and there's now bang on 4 inches of level snow here in Yate, South Glos. Moderate snow still falling.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I inch pitched here in north glos. Happy for you lot In the sw of the region, enjoy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, khodds said:

Anyone know of a decent website to let me know what the roads are like in the area?

Your local BBC travel xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...