Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice little walk with the hound.

Beautiful looking up towards Peek Tor on Dartmoor this morning ❄❄❄

Guys good luck today -As they say one mans loss is another mans gain - well for once in the UK the south & SW are going to gobble up the Norths snow ? Someone in North Devon / Somerset / Wilt

Posted Images

Just ran the radar animation from an hour ago - if it’s right (!) snow seems to be moving slightly north of west and rotating! The whole system itself is hardly moving. When ‘pivot’ was mentioned at like 5pm I thought I’d was over before it started for a lot of us. Lots of ‘green’ to my east and south on the radar - whitening nicely here right now with just with light-moderate snow. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blizzardof82 said:

Lamppost gone off ?

Grt yourself one of those ledlenser led torches, bright as hell, the one I have can either flood nearby with light or reach 250m away on high focus. They're expensive but I snapped one up half price on amazon last week. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leon1 said:

Heavy still but flakes not as big but road still covered the fritters probably can't get up it anymore!

Oh now I like that street light, proper bright.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jethro said:

We're past 10cm here already and still it keeps coming. Got a Landy, it will chug through the snow but not a lot of good if the road's blocked with cars. Still slides though, took son home and had an interesting moment or two, sheet ice hiding under the snow.

Yes it is more than forecast to be fair. I never expected half this amount. If it carrys on all night we could end up with 20cm ish but it is weakening slightly now shall have to see.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked METO forecast (updated at 11pm) it has me down for another 9 hours of heavy snow, followed by light snow all day tomorrow.

I guess that answers my question of 'is it due to peter out soon'. Apparently not. If it's right, this will beat the beast from last year.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jethro said:

Just checked METO forecast (updated at 11pm) it has me down for another 9 hours of heavy snow, followed by light snow all day tomorrow.

I guess that answers my question of 'is it due to peter out soon'. Apparently not. If it's right, this will beat the beast from last year.

Same here in fact it says turning heavy again into the afternoon at 2pm!? 

Edited by Nights King
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jethro said:

We're past 10cm here already and still it keeps coming. Got a Landy, it will chug through the snow but not a lot of good if the road's blocked with cars. Still slides though, took son home and had an interesting moment or two, sheet ice hiding under the snow.

Indeed a Landy is made for this although they're better at driving through it than stopping! Now on a disco 3 and all its electronic systems don't stop me sliding when trying to stop!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nights King said:

Same here in fact it says turning heavy again into the afternoon at 2pm!? 

Snap. Just told boss I won't be in tomorrow, can't see it happening with that lot on top of what we already have.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jethro said:

Snap. Just told boss I won't be in tomorrow, can't see it happening with that lot on top of what we already have.

Ill leave it until 6am to message boss but he will be angry.... he lives in bridgewater... straight up coastal motorway in morning then into snowless trowbridge. will be like if i can make it you can lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Is everyone in this thread staying up all night lol?

Till I run out of Stella, got a can and a half left, so about five minutes.

no doubt won’t sleep well, will be curtain twitching for a few hours.

Edited by Bazray
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WillSussex said:

Indeed a Landy is made for this although they're better at driving through it than stopping! Now on a disco 3 and all its electronic systems don't stop me sliding when trying to stop!!

Agreed, can see off most depths of snow but it's a bugger to stop the thing, weight and forward momentum coupled with ice isn't great. Fun sometimes though. I sometimes dream of ABS...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

Is everyone in this thread staying up all night lol?

Well I’m a landscape gardener, so yeah why not! Snow day for me tomorrow. Plus I drank a bottle of red wine in all the excitement, so need a few hours on the water now! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...