South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

1 minute ago, jtay said:

Totally agree @Climate_Eyes It's all been a bit odd this evening.

We've had friends texting all night asking what's going on. I honestly have no idea.

Yeah this exactly, I usually find the netwx radar (I still use V4 because I'm old) to be pretty accurate, within expected tolerances obviously, but this evening has just broken the mould tbh. Spent hours under positive returns with s*d all and now I'm under nowt it's all go! One for the notebook I suppose! ?

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice little walk with the hound.

Beautiful looking up towards Peek Tor on Dartmoor this morning ❄❄❄

Guys good luck today -As they say one mans loss is another mans gain - well for once in the UK the south & SW are going to gobble up the Norths snow ? Someone in North Devon / Somerset / Wilt

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Isleofwightsnowgal74 said:

Well really hope this isn’t it for us this winter?! Really disappointing for this side of the island just wet n windy few flurries but not even layed on the cars!! Well done to Newport Cowes etc at least they had decent covering I’m off to bed now really sad as wudve loved to have had a walk in it even a couple cm I’d have been happy with! Just praying we get another chance this winter! ? 

happy for everyone that got some ??❄️

I feel so bad ? You'll get a chance to see it tomorrow probably if you go to the hills and there could be another chance this winter but I'm hoping for you that you wake up with a covering ? 

18 minutes ago, Climate_Eyes said:

Yeah this exactly, I usually find the netwx radar (I still use V4 because I'm old) to be pretty accurate, within expected tolerances obviously, but this evening has just broken the mould tbh. Spent hours under positive returns with s*d all and now I'm under nowt it's all go! One for the notebook I suppose! ?

This might sound odd but it could be to do with solar interference? There's a minor solar geomagnetic storm hitting at the mo. Or it's just broken?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Might head to bed soon or are we due alot more heavy snow?

The second you go to bed, it’ll start coming down sooooo heavy, youll miss it....??

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Evening all, far too many pages to catch up with so can someone please save me trawling through looking for info...….how much longer is this supposed to continue? Still lots to come or petering out soon?

We've got a good 4 inches here, it's still coming down thick and fast, windy and drifting. Just done a mercy mission taking my son home and it's sheet ice beneath the snow, really very slippery! I'm supposed to be going to work tomorrow, really need to be there but I'm wondering if I'll make it - cars abandoned/stuck all over the place even on main roads that have been gritted.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Beasterly said:

Finally, heavy stuff falling in Oxford.

Looks like Oxford got lucky! I know we can't trust what the radar is saying this evening but, according to that, The heaviest PPN from the whole band is slap bang over there ?

Capture.JPG

• Like 1
1 minute ago, bellanite said:

This might sound odd but it could be to do with solar interference? There's a minor solar geomagnetic storm hitting at the mo. Or it's just broken?

I honestly don't know bellanite, to be fair it stopped shortly after my last reply so maybe it's just a bit off, I'm no radar expert but it's certainly not infallible but I wouldn't rule anything out, it's definitely a tad weird this evening!

• Like 1