Sign in to follow this  
Mapantz

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

well, the actual weather certainly does make a mockery of even the very best computer models, that's for sure!.........repeat the mantra'..."The models do not dictate the weather"...... *sigh*

17 minutes ago, gottolovethisweather said:

Just started, oh so light, but thankfully no wet stuff mixed in here. AT 0.7c, DP -2.0c and AP 984.4mb falling slowly. All of this is heading the right way but where will the precipitation band end up? Quite a widespread event for the South for once which is good to see.

Are you sure??

ok I was sceptical about being able to smell snow..... but I've just been outside, heavy snow and i smell something odd. smells like someone just lit a herbal cigarette next door? perhaps the wind is sourced from the Dam...

1 minute ago, beerandkebab said:

Put it this way Andy, you have more chance of laying snow in Gibraltar tonight than I do....lol

😂😂 Wiltshire looks to be in a decent position tonight though!

2 minutes ago, chris55 said:

Not looking to promising for snowfall in many places to be honest.

DBE1730F-2779-4B78-ABB1-A2F75EACD77C.thumb.png.3738cc3ce23ecdd55c9f903007d7710c.png

and as soon as the fragmented band passes over (without a single flake being dropped) it starts to pep up over the cotsowlds/south midlands.....orographic forcing no doubt.....you really couldnt make this up....lol

1 minute ago, andy_leics22 said:

😂😂 Wiltshire looks to be in a decent position tonight though!

not north wilts mate.......salisbury plain is leaching out all the snow fall due to the west/east allignment....disaster for my locale.....if it had stayed NW/SE and pivoted later it would've been good

Heavy wet Snow now in Weymouth, settling on cars and grass but not on roads and pavements. App says heavy snow for 2 hours then light snow.

look at first one... patchy breaking up but now there seems to be some peping up occurring.. 

patchy.thumb.png.4ecebbb452b64571308d9cf5f6e93a1b.pnghmm.thumb.png.a652f5228edb0e7006b5c9f207defc30.png

7 minutes ago, Nights King said:

We seem to have a northward push starting abit over somerset.... come on you can make it 

Just noticed that, brighter echo's on the radar appearing as well. 

16 minutes ago, TomW said:

I have no idea why a amber warning was put up around Bristol, nothing falling out the sky!

Because of the risk of snow during the evening rush hour - all about impact. 

Just now, Nights King said:

look at first one... patchy breaking up but now there seems to be some peping up occurring.. 

patchy.thumb.png.4ecebbb452b64571308d9cf5f6e93a1b.pnghmm.thumb.png.a652f5228edb0e7006b5c9f207defc30.png

I was just about to say the same thing, maybe there is still hope 

Some quite heavy showers coming in from the west hopefully they come to me ;) (Cornwall)

Screenshot_20190131-190416.jpg

1 minute ago, Nights King said:

This might be why the I am still forecast snow for lots of the night...

DP finally starting to lower. Down to 0.7 from 1c in 20 mins. Snowing heavily now, small flakes and starting to settle on the cars. 

Hold the post....

Is the front now pepping up again south of Bath as it once again tries to push north??

maybe it isn’t over...

EB0A71B9-E85D-41DB-948C-792D32664EC1.thumb.png.5ad0f1fe5cda384021a061d5a7717ee7.png

Edit

as noted above!! 

Come on ..........pep pep pep lol 😂 

Edited by chris55

Come on keep coming!! Perhaps I have faith after all! 😄

Getting heavier in Poole and starting to settle on some surfaces!

1 minute ago, Nights King said:

The graphics on Points West showed the snow to the east being pushed north/north west as the evening progresses, bringing quite a lot in our direction. Whether it happens or not remains to be seen...

Latest met forecast (6pm) is still showing 7 hours of heavy snow between 10pm and 4am.  Weird.