Sign in to follow this  
Mapantz

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Wind just turned east at Bournemouth Airport so that should help turn things down that way soon. Except, I imagine, along the immediate SE-facing coasts - though I could be wrong!

2 minutes ago, Singularity said:

image.thumb.png.456231897d9f78183de7e3f8226038d9.png

Dean Hill fault very, very evident.

@CheesepuffScott - so you're not really in a dry slot of any kind 😉.

I've noticed that glitch near Winchester quite a lot, it's very annoying!

After 3 hours of rain the snow began and has not stopped chucking down huge flakes for 2 hours. Settling well. Only 30 minutes till the front puffs through. Impressive transition and met office app spot on here. Hope for you all further up. Good luck

SNOW about 3 miles north of the centre of Portsmouth. Not marginal. Here we go... 

Radar saying it is snowing, can safely say it isn't actually doing anything at all precipitation wise at present.

5 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Rain rain rain in Bournemouth 

I swear I'm not! 

Grrrrrr.M4 is killing it! I 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Edited by Frosty hollows

Stopped snowing now but has given me a slight confidence boost for later on 🙂 

SNOW!

Yes sleet has just become heavy wet snow. 

Sleet here in the south of Gosport. More snow than rain though. Snow melting on impact. Large flakes of Snow. Temp 2.4C down -0.9 on last 30mins and down -1.6c on last hour. DP 0.5C decreased by -0.7 in last hour. So we're heading in the right direction. Snow not due until later according to UKMO.

Steady settling snow. all roads are white :clapping:

IMG_20190131_175107.thumb.jpg.ee7b2269698dffc9ffd186c99e56cc35.jpg

Edited by Nights King

Snow falling here just outside Chichester. Nothing marginal at all

2 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

I think you're slightly ahead of yourself. The snow will fall quite heavily around Benson, assuming it reaches there and my part of the world in the next couple of hours.

This is potentially going to be a massive disappointment here no amber warning was needed for here that is for sure.

1.8°c, dew point -1.7°c 

2 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

Got a guru in Glastonbury to cast a spell back in the summer, asked for him to reverse the polarity of the wretched thing, seems it's worked 😉

1 minute ago, rh205 said:

Sleet here in the south of Gosport. More snow than rain though. Snow melting on impact. Large flakes of Snow. Temp 2.4C down -0.9 on last 30mins and down -1.6c on last hour. DP 0.5C decreased by -0.7 in last hour. So we're heading in the right direction. Snow not due until later according to UKMO.

Check the UKMO radar as per my posted image above.

5 minutes ago, Singularity said:

Wind just turned east at Bournemouth Airport so that should help turn things down that way soon. Except, I imagine, along the immediate SE-facing coasts - though I could be wrong!

The wind swung to the East about an hour ago here. It made no difference to the temp or dew point. Still peeing down with rain - 3.6mm so far.

...and there it goes! Full heavy snow, readily sticking to me as I stand outside while my neighbours look on.

Just a short battle to get some settling I expect (well, hope - but it only took a few minutes after a half hour of heavy rain back in Jan 2010 and that was in Portsmouth!)

1 minute ago, Nights King said:

Steady settling snow. all roads are white :clapping:

Same here :yahoo:

2 minutes ago, matt111 said:

SNOW!

Yes sleet has just become heavy wet snow. 

Surely this gives hope to those on the IOW since I’m just across the water from the island. 

Rain now turning to big sleet in north Bournemouth. Thank heavens - my nerves are shredded!!! 

12 minutes ago, MidnightSnow said:

MetO show this on both their afternoon and evening forecast. Heavier stuff feeding in later

Oh, Pembrokeshire Dangler in the forecast for the weekend. Perfect for cornwall 😊

Lived in Poole for 10 years before moving to the Black Country in August 2018.

Good luck to everyone in Dorset and across the South West. Hope you all see some snow. 

Jesus how negative are some people. Just wait and see what happens yes might be unlikely but give it a chance! 😁