South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice little walk with the hound.

Beautiful looking up towards Peek Tor on Dartmoor this morning ❄❄❄

Guys good luck today -As they say one mans loss is another mans gain - well for once in the UK the south & SW are going to gobble up the Norths snow ? Someone in North Devon / Somerset / Wilt

Posted Images

Just now, TomW said:

Capture.thumb.PNG.df19f5a3ea6f2703bce776053644e16a.PNGCapture.PNG1.thumb.PNG.0d408c53a95b23ca6498be19d3cf27a9.PNG

Same but its outside Orange warning so its coming in slower?

I changed it to an IMBY address which is BA1, I'm about 1/2 mile inside the warning area lol!

• Haha 1

On the best day so far I’ve had back to back meetings and can’t check updates etc. There’s only so many times you can say you need the loo? which really is let’s try and find out if snow is upgraded. Some please give me an update so I can check on my next loo break ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
21 minutes ago, OddSpot said:

Yes I posted this webcam a few pages ago lol. never mind ?

i just re-posted it to show how bad it got since you posted it.

• Like 2

Doesn't look like it's pivoting yet to me if you run the radar sequence. Just heading steadily in a NE direction.

I guess you should be able to see when it starts pivoting as the precipitation in the Irish Sea will start travelling south-westwards/south which it isn't doing yet.

Edited by wiltshire weather
36 minutes ago, Jeckers said:

Here's a rare picture of snow on the Lizard - about as South as you can get.   Bit soggy tbh but better than nothing.

20190131_150313.jpg

Love it at the Lizard, especially the clifftop walk to Kynance, hoping to buy a house down there next year. If anyone's down there, can highly recommend the Wavecrest café, it's down by the lifeboat station.

• Like 1

The frontal boundary appears to have developed a small scale low within it, currently located south of Plymouth in the channel. Is the reason why some parts of Cornwall and North Devon are seeing snow due to a NE wind lowering temperatures. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Kreftysoton said:

it doesn't look as though the front is pivoting or is it just me?? just heading straight in, I don't fancy my chances close to the IOW now and nowhere near cold enough for snow....

I've just been outside and it's bitter out there. According to Southampton Weather the Temperature is currently 2.3C and dew point -3.4 and they will continue to fall.

http://www.southamptonweather.co.uk/

Relax, it will probably start as rain but should turn to snow pretty quickly. Should be good for a few cm's at least as should most of the region.

1 minute ago, Dean E said:

The frontal boundary appears to have developed a small scale low within it, currently located south of Plymouth in the channel. Is the reason why some parts of Cornwall and North Devon are seeing snow due to a NE wind lowering temperatures. 

Hi dean 

yes I posted that much earlier too 

• Like 1