Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Mapantz

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Bobafet said:

Latest MET office forecast

 

Not keen in that, it stalls and weakens along south coast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need people’s thoughts on how much snow I’m likely to get in Wells - Somerset please? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Air Pressure reading is quite decent too, 989.2mb and falling slowly. Plenty of factors which are encouraging for a proper event now I reckon. Will not start until past 6 pm IMBY but the sky looks such a snow-filled one, and the garden birds are feeding avidly as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Southampton still on track do we think?  Bit worried the front looked like it was weakening before reaching me.  Temp and dewpoints have dropped over the last hour significantly...

Shouldn't the low start pivoting soon??

Edited by Kreftysoton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, khodds said:

I need people’s thoughts on how much snow I’m likely to get in Wells - Somerset please? 

You are in one of the "sweet spots" so to say.

North Dorset/East Somerset and the Mendips right in the heart of the Meto amber warning.  Expect in excess of 5cm, perhaps getting up towards 10cm.

Edited by AWD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, khodds said:

I need people’s thoughts on how much snow I’m likely to get in Wells - Somerset please? 

Reading between the (many!) lines you should do well. I used to live near Wells, and you’re that bit above the Levels. If you’re very unlucky I’m sure you won’t be very far from a decent amount! 

Edited by SilverWolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, khodds said:

I need people’s thoughts on how much snow I’m likely to get in Wells - Somerset please? 

That question brings about a proverbial minefield. I would genuinely advise against non-essential travel tomorrow either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all   Can I join team Isle of Wight.  ☺️ been lurking around for a while. Love all sorts of weather especially snow. Looking marginal for us but hoping we will have some snow later.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AWD said:

You are in one of the "sweet spots" so to say.

North Dorset/East Somerset and the Mendips right in the heart of the Meto amber warning.  Expect in excess of 5cm, perhaps getting up towards 10cm.

 

Just now, SilverWolf said:

Reading between the (many!) lines you should do well. I used to live near Wells, and you’re that bit above the Levels. If you you’re very lucky I’m sure you won’t be very far from a decent amount! 

Thank you. This time I REALLY don’t want it to snow... I’m usually bouncing off the walls but not this time... 😰

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gottolovethisweather said:

That question brings about a proverbial minefield. I would genuinely advise against non-essential travel tomorrow either way.

😰 noooooo.. meant to be going away

Edited by khodds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, khodds said:

😰 noooooo.. meant to be going away

Ah, apologies, my reply was assuming you wanted snow! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kreftysoton said:

Is Southampton still on track do we think?  Bit worried the front looked like it was weakening before reaching me.  Temp and dewpoints have dropped over the last hour significantly...

If it doesn't reach you, we're all b*ggered.

You should be fine, but it might start off as a rainy/sleety mess early doors in S'oton. Keep the faith.

Edited by jtay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few flakes blowing in the wind in Eastington (5 miles west of Stroud) 🙂

 ❄️ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TomW said:

Looks like it could start as rain here hope it doesn't rain to much before it turns to snow!

I don't see too much initial rain for us mate, especially you outside the urban area.  We might have a bit of drizzle from the leading edge light stuff but once the core of the PPN reaches us (if indeed it does to a notable extent), then I expect snow for us.

I'm more concerned about how active the band will still be once it reaches up our way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SilverWolf said:

Ah, apologies, my reply was assuming you wanted snow! 

Normally I would be! Ah well... can’t stop it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, khodds said:

😰 noooooo

Don't worry too much, a repeat of March 2018 this is not! The Amber warning probably has a lot to do with the timing of the heaviest snow coinciding with Rush Hour, so highest impacts. By Friday morning I'd be very surprised if the local authorities haven't got on top of the roads etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, khodds said:

😰 noooooo.. meant to be going away

I have a hospital appt at Poole that I have been waiting months for. I hope I manage to get to it. But I also really want the snow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gottolovethisweather said:

That question brings about a proverbial minefield. I would genuinely advise against non-essential travel tomorrow either way.

Does @khodds going out on the smash count as non-essential?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started raining about 15 mins ago and now turning to sleet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Jtay just really hope it does snow, even if it starts off sleety as long as it turns to snow and can settle (which is should if hard enough as surface temperature is cold even if wet) me and the kids will be happy..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

Don't worry too much, a repeat of March 2018 this is not! The Amber warning probably has a lot to do with the timing of the heaviest snow coinciding with Rush Hour, so highest impacts. By Friday morning I'd be very surprised if the local authorities haven't got on top of the roads etc. 

Thanks Karlos. I just don’t want the schools to be closed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe looking at the rain radar it’s beginning to

7BABD035-5D98-42E2-A254-3F63B554CF32.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, khodds said:

Thanks Karlos. I just don’t want the schools to be closed

well fingers crossed for you that's the only school in the south west open!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t want it to pivot yet lol, let’s get it inland first!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...