Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Mapantz

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

@Lloyds32 Could you pop your location in to your profile please? It makes it difficult for members when weather reports come in.

I finish work at 5pm driving back to Mendip could be interesting.. 

Need to nudge the warning south by about 8 miles 😂😂

Screenshot_20190131-104101_Samsung Internet.jpg

Good luck to all of you down there, nice to see you getting some excitement from the amber warning! Best we've managed where I am is the tiniest of dustings so far this year so I reckon you'll easily beat us later today. Enjoy - particularly those of you who very rarely get the white stuff!

I'm right on the outline for amber....c'mon shove over a bit and put me comfortably inside...❄️😉

Lloyd Lloyd it's just the weather. This regional thread more than any is a safe space and a chilled space. Snow is coming somewhere to us snow starved southwesters. It's a special day for many. Relax!

2 minutes ago, Nights King said:

I finish work at 5pm driving back to Mendip could be interesting.. 

Do you remember April 2000? Hours of driving sleet down on the levels, the Mendips got pasted higher up. I moved to Wookey Hole village late April and the fields above still had snow patches in May...

06z euro4

19020106_3106.gif

2 minutes ago, SilverWolf said:

Do you remember April 2000? Hours of driving sleet down on the levels, the Mendips got pasted higher up. I moved to Wookey Hole village late April and the fields above still had snow patches in May...

Remember it well. I was stood waiting for bus at 7am when it changed to snow. Then dumped enormous amount. Truly epic. 

Am I right in thinking because of the high dew points than back in march the snow flakes will be bigger?

In march the snow flakes were very small because the snow was very powder like, Dew points were like -6!

Just now, Zephyr said:

06z euro4

19020106_3106.gif

Works well with the Met Office's amber warning actually.

Tiny flakes but definitely snow blowing about from the tiniest blob on the radar 😀

It's not much, but it's a start!

I think for this neck of the woods it's going to come down to timing and whether we can lose enough heat quick enough once the sun sets before the front arrives.

9 minutes ago, divadee said:

I think I am either just in or right on the line. Need to temper expectations - i will still be very pleasantly surprised. Also need to do some work....

2 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

06z euro4

19020106_3106.gif

Looks pretty good for all locations at height, Dartmoor, Mendips, Exmoor, Quantocks, Cranborne, and hills of South Wales. 

Gosport has been upgraded back to heavy snow. Come on Met Office stop teasing me. I know you said it's knife edge stuff but this feels more like cut throat razor stuff to me.

13 minutes ago, divadee said:

Awww no Winchester in this 😞

2 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Awww no Winchester in this 😞

You'll be fine.

Temps appear to have stabilised at 5.4C here in Gosport.

PPN pepping up nicely in the channel

Amber warning very similiar to my thoughts earlier, ie South/South East Wales, Moors of the SW & areas around the A303/Mendips into Salisbury plain.

They have included inland Somerset and Bristol/Bath in the amber warning too which is very good.  Must be thinking along the lines of the Hirlam scenario then.

Surprised they haven't included areas further east along the South Coast as the EURO4 has been consistently remodelling decent accumulations here too and these are populated areas of the UK, ie Winchester, Brighton, Worthing, Havant etc.

06z EURO4 struggles to take the front north of the M4!!!!!!!

Edited by AWD
Add info

Hi guys  wanting an experts advice, I live in ferndown dorset and am under a amber warning for snow do you think i will get much here thanks