Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
3 minutes ago, offerman said:

You just made my day 

I'm right in that deep blue area, the second one to the bottom right of the two . 

Mendips could get pasting if that's right.. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
Just now, offerman said:

someone tell me how on earth does that minute part over Ireland get in the red yet elsewhere is in Ireland is nothing ?  Is that MT Everest's cousin there or something ? 

Wicklow Mountains

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 hours ago, SilverWolf said:

Don’t forget some of us are in Gloucestershire! We might get nothing at this rate... 

I think we'll do alright out of it, finger's crossed!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
27 minutes ago, AWD said:

12z Hirlam snow totals by midday Friday;

snowdepth_20190130_12_048.thumb.jpg.0dc5ec56ffc59d8ca9c9da37369f0d81.jpg

5cm - 10cm widely across Somerset, Bristol, Bath, Mendips etc.

I'll never forget last year when I was just about to do the school run when Carol Kirkdouglas came on and said urgent red warning just out for bath and N/E Somerset , needless to say I was a bit late dropping my son off!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
23 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

I hope us ( welsh) and u south westerners get all the snow , i hope those cocky south easterners get nothing . 

Shush, you'll jinx it. Ever heard of Karma? We SW folk have learnt to be magnanimous when it comes to snow, we have to be living down here. 

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, jethro said:

Shush, you'll jinx it. Ever heard of Karma? We SW folk have learnt to be magnanimous when it comes to snow, we have to be living down here. 

LOL  . I only said that because i was reading their forum at dinner time  and they said us out west were going to have 0-2 cm of snow while they got 5cm.  That got me going and they should get a big fat zero for that. 

Posted

With the wind forecast I suspect that drifting could be an issue where it snows, should be some great drifts to be seen if that's the case. Am not bothering to put the snow plough on here as dont think it'll be needed and if I do fit it I will only go and Jinx it and we dont want that!!!

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, wightwootton said:

Happy, GPS (P) 12 z gives us a chance for tomorrow evening on the IOW. Its been pretty consistent of late , so taking it other other models.

Bring it on!!

30-1.JPG

Met office give us sleet and heavy rain as always we seem to miss out!! 

Posted
7 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

LOL  . I only said that because i was reading their forum at dinner time  and they said us out west were going to have 0-2 cm of snow while they got 5cm.  That got me going and they should get a big fat zero for that. 

Chill, the weather will do whatever it wants to do, regardless of what folk want. And anyway, the beast was supposed to deliver big time for them last year, instead it came over our side and we got the lot. This lot was supposed to be theirs's, had their name written all over it, they're entitled to be a bit miffed if they miss out again and we get to play. Wonder if the Mendip lanes will get filled in again, might do if the wind picks up

DSC02008.JPG

DSC01988.JPG

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, jethro said:

Chill, the weather will do whatever it wants to do, regardless of what folk want. And anyway, the beast was supposed to deliver big time for them last year, instead it came over our side and we got the lot. This lot was supposed to be theirs's, had their name written all over it, they're entitled to be a bit miffed if they miss out again and we get to play. Wonder if the Mendip lanes will get filled in again, might do if the wind picks up

DSC02008.JPG

DSC01988.JPG

U'll need more than a 4x4 to get through tomorrows snow u'll need a tank 

Posted
8 minutes ago, jethro said:

Wonder if the Mendip lanes will get filled in again, might do if the wind picks up

DSC02008.JPG

DSC01988.JPG

Drifting like that isn’t so likely this time because that was dry powdery snow whereas this lot will be our more normal wetter type.

Posted
3 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

U'll need more than a 4x4 to get through tomorrows snow u'll need a tank 

My trusty old Landy is a bit of a tank. It has some interesting foibles, some more endearing than others, however having to scrape ice off the inside of the windscreen this morning isn't one of the best ones. It will however chug through pretty much everything, stick the dif lock on and it's away.

• Like 1

Posted

Hello, fellow snowlovers. It's such a relief to be able to join in again.. Have had such a busy 2018 and couldn't for the life of me remember my name and password!I

Anyway, it seems that there has been lots of snow about and I hope those who have had it are enjoying it, but I am fee!ing rather left out here as all I have seen is a few measly flakes in with a lot of rain! Fingers crossed that the next few days/weeks/month(s) will be very snowy for everybody in the SW and CSE!

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

Fascinating to see how far the met think you need to go inland tomorrow evening to see snow in this part of the world. Bournemouth sleet all evening. Bournemouth airport sleet for an hour then 2 hours of heavy snow  

edit. If you want to venture miles north to Verwood you could have 4 hours of heavy snow. 

CAF9083E-DDCD-4E17-8816-ED3A0E7CCD54.png

Edited by That ECM
  • Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Drifting like that isn’t so likely this time because that was dry powdery snow whereas this lot will be our more normal wetter type.

In reality I hope it doesn't drift like that again, it was fun but only because I didn't have to be anywhere. Come hell or high water, I've got to go to work on Friday, even my Landy can't chug its way through lanes completely filled with snow, it was over 10 foot high in places in March.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
1 hour ago, CheesepuffScott said:

I could already tick off a few there using last year's bingo spread!

BINGO.png.e60ee3ab0542784eef504adf97156ebd.png

oi....pinching my stuff....tsk tsk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
1 minute ago, beerandkebab said:

oi....pinching my stuff....tsk tsk

Sincerest apologies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc
33 minutes ago, MrNooo said:

I think we'll do alright out of it, finger's crossed!!!

Hope so! You always do better where you are compared to Stroud as well... could be v interesting up around Bisley too. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, jethro said:

In reality I hope it doesn't drift like that again, it was fun but only because I didn't have to be anywhere. Come hell or high water, I've got to go to work on Friday, even my Landy can't chug its way through lanes completely filled with snow, it was over 10 foot high in places in March.

I wouldn't want a repeat of March. We had freezing rain on top of the snow. It took me over an hour to do a 20 min walk to work. I've never felt so unsafe. The ice was a good half inch thick on top of the snow. Its one weather phenomenon that I'm glad I've seen but wouldn't want a repeat

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
1 hour ago, AWD said:

12z Hirlam snow totals by midday Friday;

snowdepth_20190130_12_048.thumb.jpg.0dc5ec56ffc59d8ca9c9da37369f0d81.jpg

5cm - 10cm widely across Somerset, Bristol, Bath, Mendips etc.

BANK! Some major cities are in the dark blue zone there (Bristol, Bath, Cardiff) 
This is the first time we will be getting the lovely big flakes of snow for 6 years settling down here! March 2018 was the dry stuff Jan 2013 was wet stuff
Have loved watching this turn from a nothing to a major event for the south of England and Wales! ❄️
I can't wait for tomorrow night guys, good luck! 

Who knows they might upgrade the warning. 

image.thumb.png.c1f91aaa590f94df53d4cbc3d70f4f20.png

Currently 3/4 impact, 2/4 likelihood, only needs to get to 3/4 likelihood to get an amber.

Edited by Leon1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
1 minute ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Sincerest apologies.

£5k......via paypal, gifted.......and we'll say no more, otherwise see you in court me laddo 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

'During Sunday and Monday bands of rain and snow look likely to arrive from the west. However, confidence in timings and if any areas will see impacts is low at this stage.'

Not rain hopefully  I'm being greedy

Edited by CheesepuffScott