Sign in to follow this  
Mapantz

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

38 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Is it still on mate? Very conflicting opinions in the mod thread saying there's hardly any snow now.

Latest EURO 4 looking excellent!

An improvement on the 00z

So the worries in the mod thread are now superseded by the latest high res output 🙂 IMO

3 minutes ago, chris55 said:

Latest EURO 4 looking excellent!

An improvement on the 00z

So the worries in the mod thread are now superseded by the latest high res output 🙂 IMO

Hi Chris,

Looks like Stroud area could do well out if this, if the ppn stays heavy this far north. Double whammy from the pivot at the end? Also compared to yesterday - 2 days of much colder temps beforehand, and hard frosts as well. My little frost hollow will no doubt be pretty white still when I get home later...

All helps, assuming it gets here! 

Just now, SilverWolf said:

Hi Chris,

Looks like Stroud area could do well out if this, if the ppn stays heavy this far north. Double whammy from the pivot at the end? Also compared to yesterday - 2 days of much colder temps beforehand, and hard frosts as well. My little frost hollow will no doubt be pretty white still when I get home later...

All helps, assuming it gets here! 

Yes Wolf, we are well placed with the north/south uncertainty, right in the middle.

We just need the ppn to be at a good rate, but with the pivot that should provide a longer period of ppn.

An active front is what we need to get some meaningful depth. But as I said above latest EURO 4 looks 👌 

49 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

How much do you think for Caerphilly way? Basically north Cardiff.

you don't mean, by any chance...."Will it snow in Cardiff?"..... 😁😜

Developing storm 

A_e_sfc_color.png

36 minutes ago, SNOW CRYSTAL said:

Beautiful looking up towards Peek Tor on Dartmoor this morning ❄❄❄

20190130_102333.jpg

20190130_102205.jpg

20190130_102124.jpg

20190130_101912.jpg

Fantastic shots Snow Crystal. Beautiful cold colours!

1 hour ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

M4 southwards should have no worries

Sorry, can you just say that again please... 😅

I'll just be glad to see some snow falling, a lovely frosty morning here, nearly perfect! ❄️

Was looking at my photos from Feb/March last year, oh the memories 🙂

4 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Just thought you'd guys like to know the 06z ECM update gives you guys a decent snowfall tomorrow, but the more interesting thing is the front pivots back into the region from the north and re-intensifies. Actuslly gives probably similar levels as the first go through!

Totals are about 3-5 inches for the entire event....but the Moors are smashed on this run, probably 10-12 inches.

1805472434_giphy(3).thumb.gif.d92c640ada3823a64c2337a275a53401.gif

Cautious approach from NW snow risk charts currently, given those heights, it still suggests WXSIM is holding good..

image.png.735eb1ca5380ad3638ad73c0d963203f.png

Well I had some snow this morning up in Lytchett Matravers, which is still hanging around. The kids were made up, especially the smaller ones, got to walk to school in the falling snow. 

Tomorrow looking really good for our region. I’m ignoring the Cold Thread and have done for a couple of days @Jayfromcardiff as I can imagine conflicting reports as it becomes an IMBY contest!  South Wales looking to do particularly well imo.

fingers crossed we all fair well ❄️⛄

1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

Well I had some snow this morning up in Lytchett Matravers, which is still hanging around. The kids were made up, especially the smaller ones, got to walk to school in the falling snow. 

Tomorrow looking really good for our region. I’m ignoring the Cold Thread and have done for a couple of days @Jayfromcardiff as I can imagine conflicting reports as it becomes an IMBY contest!  South Wales looking to do particularly well imo.

fingers crossed we all fair well ❄️⛄

How did I know you would come in and rock the Sarf Coast boat. I trust tomorrow you will be prepared to shovel bucket load into your car and rush off to TESCO @ Fleetsbridge to sell it to those not so fortunate (i.e those at lower levels)..:whistling:

20 minutes ago, kumquat said:

Fantastic shots Snow Crystal. Beautiful cold colours!

Thanks kumquat, really wish I had my proper camera with me, but maybe there'll be a second chance in the next few days. 😉😉

3 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

The MO forecast for tomorrow just keeps getting better!

325ECEBA-A4A1-44A2-A2E3-3900B99B1355.png

Meanwhile WXSIM is playing safe for down here...

image.thumb.png.1a90047054f3b644ed330aceea158770.png

1 hour ago, kold weather said:

Just thought you'd guys like to know the 06z ECM update gives you guys a decent snowfall tomorrow, but the more interesting thing is the front pivots back into the region from the north and re-intensifies. Actuslly gives probably similar levels as the first go through!

Totals are about 3-5 inches for the entire event....but the Moors are smashed on this run, probably 10-12 inches.

Also heard that west Somerset and Devon look to be in the hot spot! Looking good for people further south now! Certainly doesn’t look marginal now could be a case of will the front even reach this far north!

Edited by TomW

So a mixture or rain sleet and snow running along the low coastal areas and more chance of seeing snow 5 miles inland. I know where ill be driving tomorrow. 

BBC lunch Time forecast also shows potential snow on Friday too! 

Just now, Fred Sykes said:

BBC lunch Time forecast also shows potential snow on Friday too! 

Just watched that (not that I take too much notice of Beeb nowadays as they use meteogroup) but they were quoting 5-10cm across some parts of SW England!

19 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

The MO forecast for tomorrow just keeps getting better!

325ECEBA-A4A1-44A2-A2E3-3900B99B1355.png

Mines improved a bit. More sleet icons and  lower temps than it was showing before. If it improves much further I might see a snow icon. 😬

807E2BEB-6451-44D5-BC73-218DEF12C71E.png

5 minutes ago, dec10snow said:

Just watched that (not that I take too much notice of Beeb nowadays as they use meteogroup) but they were quoting 5-10cm across some parts of SW England!

just seen that, nearly spat my coffee out, yesterday was 1-5cm, nice little upgrade