Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

A sunny start and end to the day but mostly cloudy with occasional hazy sunshine for the rest of the day. Reached 17.7°C, currently 12.2°C

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

A drizzly start and I smell a hint of petrichor. Temp 6.9°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A cool, damp and grey start after some earlier rain. BBC mentioned thunderstorms for tomorrow - I wonder if that means this region too?

Posted
11 minutes ago, MP-R said:

A cool, damp and grey start after some earlier rain. BBC mentioned thunderstorms for tomorrow - I wonder if that means this region too?

I’m not sure about that but what I do know is this is an odd set up with drizzly/showery fronts moving East to West.

Posted

A bit of drizzle earlier which seemingly pepped up as soon as it hit Cranborne Chase to the West of here.

Just grey now. We did manage a bonus evening sat out yesterday however, after the afternoon cloud cleared.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
5 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

I’m not sure about that but what I do know is this is an odd set up with drizzly/showery fronts moving East to West.

Yes it did raise an eyebrow... Quite odd seeing such a front moving in the opposite direction lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Not especially cool but hardly warm either now with grey skies and drizzle. 12.6°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Pretty grey skies with drizzle every now and again. Not that warm either. Got to 13.2°C at 14:55 but it's currently 12.3°C

And not pretty as in nice.

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

An hour of sunshine early this morning and cloudy the rest of the day. Temp got to 13.8°C.  A slight bit of drizzle around 17:30, but it's been piddling down the last hour and half. 3mm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It's absolutely belting down now.. Didn't expect this?!

Rain rate of 23.2 mm/hr

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Drizzly rain pattering about the past 2 hours with some heavier bursts. 13.2°C was today's high, it's currently 10.2°C

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted

Cloudy all day with drizzle on and off and a few minutes of heavier rain early this evening. Reached 13.8°C, currently 11.3°C 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I'll have cold and cold with a side serving of cold.

I'm hoping to hold an outdoor gathering tomorrow, but none of the 4 forecasts I've been following have had any consistency for tomorrow. Its constantly flipping between showers and all day sunshine. 

Has anyone got any thoughts on tomorrows weather? 

Posted
1 hour ago, steffi747 said:

I'm hoping to hold an outdoor gathering tomorrow, but none of the 4 forecasts I've been following have had any consistency for tomorrow. Its constantly flipping between showers and all day sunshine. 

Has anyone got any thoughts on tomorrows weather? 

Somewhere will get drenched. Others will be glorious! No way of knowing until things develop.

Posted

Dry and mostly cloudy after an overnight low of 9.5°C. Currently 12.3°C

Posted

8 seperate cells lined up heading towards Bmth from the Norwich direction, we are just a bit too far west to benefit from them though looking at their tracks.

Posted
1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

8 seperate cells lined up heading towards Bmth from the Norwich direction, we are just a bit too far west to benefit from them though looking at their tracks.

We’re going to Weymouth tomorrow and hope the same happens! It’s been dry there all day today. 

Posted

Dry here for now... felt nice enough to go out in a tshirt despite the grey skies. Reached 17.2°C @ 13:36, it's currently 14.3°C

Posted

First cell seemed to stop and move around and then regrouped right over the house, with stair-rods of rainfall, 4.4mm with a peak rain rate of 48mm/hr.. nice..

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

No sunshine here today, but also, apart from light drizzle around 07.00, no rain either.  Bit boring really!