Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
1 hour ago, CheesepuffScott said:

It's been dry and mostly cloudy today, however there have been a few sunny spells this afternoon. Reached 15.3°C earlier, 14.5°C now. Looks like some heavy showers tracking south on the radar. 

Yep. The heavier stuff looks like it's sliding East of the A36...

IMG_20190502_191446932.thumb.jpg.ba76304044a47151a31171bda1f71256.jpg

Bit darker to the West too...

IMG_20190502_191458867.thumb.jpg.1c54370ff8edceee140eefedfbe40053.jpg

Wind has picked up too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Another sunny, but damp start after an overnight low of 3.4°C. Currently 7.1°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Started off lovely and sunny, but completely clouded over now. Temp 13.8°C.

Posted

This morning down here was quite sunny with varying amounts of semi developed Cu. Around late morning a lot of Cs and Ac encroached before clearing again bout and hour or so ago, It shows up very well on the midday sounding and I assume was courtesy of one of those bits and pieces of fronts lingering just to west.

2019050312.03808.skewt_parc.thumb.gif.14efbc7cb9650c5ef6b685e370f72384.gifchart.thumb.gif.d03ddde7430e658334839a8b89a7968d.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Mostly cloudy with a few sunny spells. A few darker clouds appearing now but dry at the moment. 12.6°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Turned cloudy after a sunny start this morning. Although there has been the odd sunny spell.. it reached 14.9°C earlier, it is currently 13.8°C

Posted

Awaiting the showers approaching from the north. Temp 10.8°C

Posted
20 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Awaiting the showers approaching from the north. Temp 10.8°C

Spitting here, but the heavier stuff will slide down the A36 again.

I'll mostly be flitting between old joe's cider, downton brewery and the white horse, tomorrow. You won't miss me @CheesepuffScottamongst the 20,000. I'm too tall, still need a haircut and I've got a tankard, cos I'm a professional.  

Posted

Yes.. didn't get much from that but it was enough to dampen the ground again. Calm at the moment but some rain forecast for the early hours, before a sunny but cool start to Cuckoo Fair morning! Current temp 8.3°C

• Like 1

Posted

We had some rain early morning, 1.5mm.
That is the first that actually registered on the rain meter since 20th April.
We had a few drizzles around April 25/26th.
April only delivered 24mm of rain here, most of that was earlier that month 16mm on the 4th, a mm on the 5/6th, 4mm around the 9th and then a few mm around the 16th - 20th.

Lovley sunshine today, but the 16-22mph Northerly wind has kept the temperature down to 11.4c, after a week of pleasant 15-16c

Edited by lettice

Posted
1 hour ago, lettice said:

We had some rain early morning, 1.5mm.
That is the first that actually registered on the rain meter since 20th April.
We had a few drizzles around April 25/26th.
April only delivered 24mm of rain here, most of that was earlier that month 16mm on the 4th, a mm on the 5/6th, 4mm around the 9th and then a few mm around the 16th - 20th.

Lovley sunshine today, but the 16-22mph Northerly wind has kept the temperature down to 11.4c, after a week of pleasant 15-16c

Yes, including a max of 16.2c yesterday, the highest in the UK (again) though a couple of other S coast stations came within a few tenths. My max was a mere 15.1c though, I am usually much closer to Fleetlands reading than that. The Fleetlands highest hourly reading was incidentally only 14.5, hmmm.

I have been trying to work out exactly where the thermometer screen is at Fleetlands but of course there is no public access. From across the creek, I see a large tower at the bottom of the airfield/golf course area, at the high tide boundary fence near a couple of greens and just above the mud etc., but can't be certain that it's what I'm looking for - do you happen to know if that's where it is? The locator maps e.g. Gladstone Family (taken from WMO records I think) clearly have it in the wrong place and i'd like to correct them.

Edited by DaveL

Posted

Bustling cuckoo fair with fine sunny spells and blue sky up ahead at times. Feels warm in the sunshine but there’s a cold breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Nothing cold about the weather here. Although there's a brisk NNE wind, it's feeling pretty warm in the sunshine. Temp 13.3°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Bitter wind but mainly sunny. Only 12C though after a low of 4C.

Posted

Had some drizzle about an hour ago. Heading home now and whilst it’s blue skies to the west, it’s turning dark overhead!

Posted
6 hours ago, DaveL said:

Yes, including a max of 16.2c yesterday, the highest in the UK (again) though a couple of other S coast stations came within a few tenths. My max was a mere 15.1c though, I am usually much closer to Fleetlands reading than that. The Fleetlands highest hourly reading was incidentally only 14.5, hmmm.

I have been trying to work out exactly where the thermometer screen is at Fleetlands but of course there is no public access. From across the creek, I see a large tower at the bottom of the airfield/golf course area, at the high tide boundary fence near a couple of greens and just above the mud etc., but can't be certain that it's what I'm looking for - do you happen to know if that's where it is? The locator maps e.g. Gladstone Family (taken from WMO records I think) clearly have it in the wrong place and i'd like to correct them.

Dave, i know this might sound strange, but...you never know. Google earth, and then try the 3D setting to view form a different angle. Of course is does mean it's up to date, but....I've been looking around the site, from GE, and will keep changing the viewing angle to see...worth a try if you haven't done so already..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Nice and sunny all day today but the cold breeze wasn't so nice, although not bad sheltered from it. Reached 13.0°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

was out just after 10am this morning, felt like winter temps again.. i admit, i was in a t-shirt, but nothing warm about it

Posted
2 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Dave, i know this might sound strange, but...you never know. Google earth, and then try the 3D setting to view form a different angle. Of course is does mean it's up to date, but....I've been looking around the site, from GE, and will keep changing the viewing angle to see...worth a try if you haven't done so already..

Good idea! I'd already tried Google Earth and Google Maps but, I tried again with some other mapping sources and I think I may have found it on a clearer one - it's where I suspected, I think (there's no screen visible elsewhere on the airfield).

On pilotnav.com here: http://www.pilotnav.com/airport/EGVF

if you zoom fully in to the airfield and focus on the northern boundary with the marshes, surrounding the large pear-shaped golf green is a windsock, an anemometer tower to its right, and... what looks like a Stevenson screen just left of the anemometer tower, close to the field boundary hedge. I think that's it!

If nobody disagrees, I can update the gladstonefamily website with the exact co-ordinates. I did that last year with the Southampton Airport screen (their weather bod went out onto the airfield to take a photo for me )

Edited by DaveL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
23 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Any guesses where we went exploring this afternoon?

1A074EAA-BC0A-481A-9739-3E772478E444.jpeg

Looks a bit Nunneyish to me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

very strange this morning, to get up at 5:30 - having to put my winter top on. It's getting daylight of course, and look out the window.

some white frost on the roofs !!

Posted

Got down to 0.7°C overnight with a light ground frost when I got up earlier. It’s currently 9.2°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

-0.6c overnight. sunny morning. now cloudy temp 10.8c.