Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
1 hour ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Hazy sunshine to start the day with an overnight low of 7.0°C. It’s currently 8.2°C

Looking cool and hopefully Sunny for the Cuckoo Fair on Saturday @CheesepuffScott

I've heard loads of Cuckoos down by the meadows this year, so it can proceed. ☀️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
6 hours ago, jtay said:

Looking cool and hopefully Sunny for the Cuckoo Fair on Saturday @CheesepuffScott

I've heard loads of Cuckoos down by the meadows this year, so it can proceed. ☀️

Looking forward to it! Probably won’t need to get the shorts out like last year  but I won’t need the brolly either, phew

Edited by CheesepuffScott
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

A nice, warm day here. Felt great in the sunny spells. Has clouded over a bit more now though. It reached 17.9°C earlier, it’s currently 16.1°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Not bad today with a sunny afternoon and feeling quite warm in the sun. Still a bit cool in the breeze but not bad overall. Reached 15.1°C, currently 12.9°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Briefly, and somewhat unexpectedly, hit 18C earlier this afternoon during sunny spells. Variable cloud around though. Overall, a pleasant day.

Posted
20 hours ago, jtay said:

I heard a cuckoo at 05.00 this morning, the first one for x number of years.

7 hours ago, MP-R said:

Briefly, and somewhat unexpectedly, hit 18C earlier this afternoon during sunny spells. Variable cloud around though. Overall, a pleasant day.

18c breached here too early afternoon yesterday, equally surprised as you as wasn’t expecting higher than 16c.

Posted

A sunny start to the day with an overnight low of 3.3°C. Currently 6.1°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Another pleasant day today with hazy sunshine earlier but now blue skies overhead. 13.2°C

Posted
9 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

I heard a cuckoo at 05.00 this morning, the first one for x number of years.

Spring Watch have been saying that they're on the decine, but this year and last year, I've never heard so many round here. I reckon there must be 3, or 4 between here and Downton. I hear them all the way along our walk.

Posted

A high of 17.6°C with sunny spells all day. Blue sky overhead since around 5pm, currently 14.3°C

Posted
2 hours ago, jtay said:

Spring Watch have been saying that they're on the decine, but this year and last year, I've never heard so many round here. I reckon there must be 3, or 4 between here and Downton. I hear them all the way along our walk.

And I heard 2 on my short cycle from here up to Hale.

Posted

Is it really May tomorrow, already?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Good sunny spells all day. temp reached  16.1°C. Today's sunshine has put April above my MetOffice derived average, 191.5 hours. Rainfall is a tad above the average, 58.8mm. Temp is quite a bit above average, 10.2°C

Posted

A dry cloudy morning but it’s turned into an unexpectedly wet afternoon so far with persistent rain for the last hour or so. 11.9°C

Posted

April 2019; Redlynch, Wiltshire

Max Temp: 26.4°C (20th)

Min Temp: -2.4°C (3rd)

Mean Max: 15.9°C

Mean Min: 4.2°C

Air Frosts: 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

It’s been sunny here but is slowly starting to cloud over.

Posted

Decent shower here now, despite the small echo on the radar. Might therefore pick up as it moves East.

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, jtay said:

Decent shower here now, despite the small echo on the radar. Might therefore pick up as it moves East.

Yes, was spitting about for a good 5 minutes. 

Posted

Cloudy but dry for most of the day, with a shower around lunchtime and some light showers in the late afternoon into the evening. Reached 14.7°C - it's currently 9.2°C

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted
22 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Cloudy but dry for most of the day, with a shower around lunchtime and some light showers in the late afternoon into the evening. Reached 14.7°C - it's currently 9.2°C

Interesting difference from not far away, it rained persistently (light to moderate) from about 10.30 until 1.30! Hazy sunny spells before and after the rain.

• Like 1

Posted
44 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Interesting difference from not far away, it rained persistently (light to moderate) from about 10.30 until 1.30! Hazy sunny spells before and after the rain.

Similar here apart from it the rain was from about 12:30 to 2:30. Reached 13.2°C

Posted

A mostly sunny start after a low of 4.7°C overnight, it’s currently 7.1°C

Posted

It's been dry and mostly cloudy today, however there have been a few sunny spells this afternoon. Reached 15.3°C earlier, 14.5°C now. Looks like some heavy showers tracking south on the radar.