Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted

Plenty of sunshine this morning with a gusty Southerly wind. Lines of showers to the West and East in the last hour and ongoing, decent convection associated with those,  just nudged up to 13.0c .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny for lost of the day so far with blue skies overhead for a lot of the time. A bit more cloud appearing now. 13.4°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Sunny spells this afternoon, but a bit more cloudier now. It reached 14.8°C earlier, currently 13.5°C

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun

The sky this afternoon was the most beautiful I've seen it for a long time. The sky itself was a perfect blue and the fluffy clouds as white as snow against it. And that was all set against green with most of the trees approaching full leaf now. I hope storm Hannah tracks north from me as I wouldn't like to think what 50 to 60 mph gusts would do to the neighbourhood. Take a look at the trees now:

Torquay Street.JPG

Torquay Vista.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
17 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Anyone on those back building cells in North Devon?

I personally think it’s starting to build from the west - just look at the cloud on satellite radar - I can only assume it’s now too late in the day for it to make it as far as Hants or Sussex but it does appear something is forcing those cells in the far west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Mostly blue skies this evening, temp 10.6°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Mostly sunny all day here with more of a breeze than of late. Reached 13.8°C, currently 10.4°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Sunny all day here. Max of 15.1°C and it felt warm. In fact, this week has only resulted in half a day being unsettled.

Posted

A cool night here, got down to 4.1°C at 6AM. Currently 7.2°C with mostly clear skies

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Bright but clouding up from the west. I thought today was going to be showers but looks like more general rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Light rain has fallen here. Not enough to measure. Wind is making it a cooler .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Will I ever see any proper rain!?

Garden is desperate for some rain, it is bone dry!

never had these issues living on Mendip  everything just fizzles out.

Posted

Well it DID rain, I counted 37 spots of it on the ground before it evaporated. It whistled up country very quickly. Currently 12.8°C. Right now the wind is dropping away, in preparation for ramping up later.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Sunny spells this afternoon with the odd spot of drizzle around lunchtime, didn't feel so bad when the sun was out and the wind died down. Reached 15.9°C, currently 13.4°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Sunny and 13.8°C. It did make it to 14.5°C.

The warning for wind should be removed from some parts as the strength of the gusts have been downgraded by quite a way since a few days ago. Several hours of low 40's gusts does not constitute a yellow warning.

Posted

Mostly sunny again today with the wind increasing through this afternoon. Reached 13.3°C, currently 12.0°C 

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Sunny and 13.8°C. It did make it to 14.5°C.

The warning for wind should be removed from some parts as the strength of the gusts have been downgraded by quite a way since a few days ago. Several hours of low 40's gusts does not constitute a yellow warning.

Well i's good to the Met Office have it under their effective warning system, which hasn't been upgraded for 8 hours...finger on the pulse aye?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

pleased to see, the forecast gusts from Hannah is down to 49mph for my location... may it continue to be downgraded.

down from 59 mph a couple days ago

my roof is a mess.. and wild pigeons have forced their way in, and even built a nest.. which i discovered recently

Posted

Likewise, there's sparrows nesting behind our gutters. Wouldn't be very good for them!