Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
3 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

The SW ‘finger’ of that cloud was over here but has now moved away and/or burned off so warm sunshine looks likely from now on.

We very briefly had some fog earlier as the air mixed but it cleared rapidly so I'm looking forward to a visit to the seal sanctuary at Gweek. Been meaning to go for a while.

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

The SW ‘finger’ of that cloud was over here but has now moved away and/or burned off so warm sunshine looks likely from now on.

Still being fingered here. ☁️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
2 hours ago, jtay said:

Still being fingered here. ☁️

Well it’s broken up a bit but still not the blue skies we had yesterday

Nonetheless up to 13.5°C

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

After a cloudier start to the afternoon there’s a lot of blue sky overhead now with lengthy sunny spells. 14.6°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

It has cleared up nicely now with just a few clouds around. 15.0°C

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Fog to mist from half five to half eight, then long sunny spells until middle of day, more cumulus than yesterday for a couple of hours but they have all dissipated now.  Feeling warm in the sun, but still chilly in the lighter breeze.

Posted

Currently 14.2°C - Reached 15.1°C so just about the warmest day of the month again. Still a fine afternoon here with relatively clear skies after a cloudy start this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring

JUstin case anyone began to get excited by the misdemeanours in the MAD thread I now have flower buds on my fruit trees so any thoughts of frost can s*d off until late autumn please. Seriously, late frosts are not good for growers! Let the sun shine.

• Like 1

Posted

Yeah I don't really understand the hunt for cold in April - similar to me hunting for heat in October. Pointless and although it sometimes does come off, it's always transient and more of a nuisance than anything.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun

After reading some of yesterdays posts I'm glad I was in Torquay as it was clear blue sky all day. Looks like a repeat today and it will probably be the warmest day this month. Looking at some personal weather stations near me there are some now into the low 60's at 10:30am! . The UV as been good this week too, I've got a lovely glow!

park.thumb.JPG.9561794d0ce83ceea698fe00b2cb0e89.JPG

You can see in the picture that some people are still wearing jackets here, I must really stand out in my Hawaiian shirt! People must think I'm Scottish!

Edited by TQWX
  • Like 1

Posted

Pleasantly warm here today despite the sunshine being hazier. Winds are lighter too. 16.3°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny but with a cool breeze still. 11.3°C

Posted

Fog here to start, took until noon to begin to clear, then hazy blue, feeling warm.  Total contrast on the coast (Lyme Bay) where there had been no fog and the sky was clear from the start.  I don't think that I've ever seen the bay so calm as this morning, there was hardly a ripple on the surface.

P1040275 (800x600).jpg

• Like 3

Posted
23 hours ago, Bobd29 said:

JUstin case anyone began to get excited by the misdemeanours in the MAD thread I now have flower buds on my fruit trees so any thoughts of frost can s*d off until late autumn please. Seriously, late frosts are not good for growers! Let the sun shine.

Yes can someone please tell me when they stop salivating over charts that will never come off (like most of winter) so I can visit the thread again without shaking my head in despair.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Topped off at 16.1°C in the end. Very welcome weather indeed. The pond is beginning to clear, pond lilies are appearing, lots of bees on the plum tree blossom - very nice.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Only reached 11.8°C here as the cool breeze was keeping the temperature down combined with sun being more hazy at times. Was still nice out of the breeze though. 

Posted

Very consistent temperatures on my side of Warminster (I note Tim had a much lower minimum the other day) this week. All maxes between 15.0c to 15.9c and mins between 0.4c to 1.8c . 

No reason to think it will be any different tomorrow and Saturday. 

Posted

A high of 16.5°C today, very fine day indeed. It’s currently foggy out, 6.0°C

Posted

Overnight low of 3.4°C. It’s a misty start here but the sun is starting to burn thorough. Currently 5.2°C

Posted

Sunny and warm and without the cool breeze of yesterday it actually feels warm today. 14.7°C

Posted

A very nice afternoon, warm with blue skies and a light breeze. 16.1°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Thick fog from 1am, but the Met Office only issued a warning at 6am.

Currently blue skies and 16°C

1525652389_IMG_20190329_1423342.thumb.jpg.4b1ca817b00666a80aacbe69b4a43aa4.jpg

Edited by Mapantz