Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted

Not to be scoffed at, some welcomed warmth and blue skies, enabling a restful spell sitting in the garden enjoying the rays and a nice 15.8C, with a very light breeze every now & again. Bring it on, a welcomed reprieve from a dross spell, now to enjoy..

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Wall to wall sunshine but with a nagging and quite strong N/NW wind taking the edge off the temperatures.  Some expanded contrails gave the first decent sunset for ages.

P1040237 (800x495).jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Chilly tonight, 5.0°C currently under clear skies - a whole 10°C lower than today’s max 

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Another beautiful start with blue skies all around. Overnight low of 4.1°C. It’s currently 7.6°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

10.oc in the sunshine. Shame about the Northerly Breeze.

Posted

13.0°C with blue skies but a present breeze. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Lovely day again. Looks like this week is going to make up for the very wet first week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Another nice sunny day but with a cool breeze. 13.9°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Managed 14.4°C today. I decided to start cleaning the pond filters out - what a stench! I say every year that I will do it before Winter so that I don't have to do it in the Spring, but I never do. 

Posted

I reached 14.2°C here today, so a bit cooler than yesterday. But nonetheless, a fine day with barely a cloud in the sky. Currently 11.3°C

Posted

Just booked a few days away in Devon for the end of May. How lucky do I have to be to get the weather we got at the end of last May please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy

Chilly this morning - -0.4 and needed to scrape the ice... Looks set to be another glorious day.

Posted

A low of -0.2°C here overnight so squeezed in my first air frost since Feb 15th. Already up to 7.1°C with mostly sunny skies.

Posted

Some thin high level cloud around turning the sunshine hazy, nonetheless a very nice morning. 13.0°C

053D8AC8-4686-4B49-905B-37FF40430784.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Coldest night of the month last night but another gorgeous day today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It got down to 0.3°C this morning. Currently blue skies at 15.3°C.

Hopefully, the cold that is showing up on the GFS get's watered down, or doesn't come to fruition at all. Thankfully, a Northerly doesn't hit very hard down here.

I'm sure I read last week that it was showing up a cooler outlook for this week, and that went in complete reverse.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

A frost to start the day earlier with a low of 1.3°C. Another sunny day worh blue skies for most of the day. Reached 14.5°C earlier but the breeze has felt cooler today, particularly this afternoon. 

Posted

Looks like my hayfever got to a kickstart today; sneezing and red eyes (somebody had asked if I had been smoking something!)

A high of 14.7°C here earlier, currently 12.9°C

Posted

A ground frost to start, soon disappeared to give another day of lengthy sunny spells and only some cirrus and fair weather cumulus from late morning.  On the coast at Chesil it was really, really springlike with shelter from the northerly wind.  Hazy out to sea as shown in this photo towards Portland.

P1040264 (800x396).jpg

• Like 1

Posted

It is a grey and overcast start to the day, an overnight low 3.3°C it’s currently 5.1°C

Posted

A cracking morning in the south west. Interesting to note a lot of cloud around the northern flank of the high cell. Just emphasises once again there importance of the orientation of it vis regional cloud variations

geo.thumb.JPG.0753814eb641ef8936552010615da78f.JPGPPVA89.thumb.gif.261a65401d7aa26947720f551822e2b3.gif

Posted
3 minutes ago, knocker said:

A cracking morning in the south west. Interesting to note a lot of cloud around the northern flank of the high cell. Just emphasises once again there importance of the orientation of it vis regional cloud variations

geo.thumb.JPG.0753814eb641ef8936552010615da78f.JPGPPVA89.thumb.gif.261a65401d7aa26947720f551822e2b3.gif

The SW ‘finger’ of that cloud was over here but has now moved away and/or burned off so warm sunshine looks likely from now on.