Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

The wind is picking up again now, also just started raining. 4.2°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

With yesterday’s rain it’s already passed last months rainfall total here, which itself was around double January’s total. 

Sunny spells and breezy so far today. 10.7°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

A breezy day with some sunny spells. More cloudy now. It reached 10.9°C earlier, currently 9.3°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Max temp of 11.4°C. Some sunny spells and breezy today but not worthy of a warning.

I've marked the graphs showing when the warning was in force.

2019653664_Annotation2019-03-13212520.thumb.jpg.d73cd904ba80c4bfad7971b0fcc8d329.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

It has stayed dry here apart from a brief shower around 2 hours ago. Still quite breezy out there. 6.9°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

If it doesn't rain between now and midnight I will finally have recorded a dry day this month. 

Posted
20 minutes ago, matt111 said:

If it doesn't rain between now and midnight I will finally have recorded a dry day this month. 

Finally!

• Like 1

Posted

Morning, drizzly and dull to start off. A low of 6.8°C overnight, it’s 8.8°C

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

@Weather-history  Didn't recall it as being anything exceptional, so got old book out and found:

4th  snow flurries around 08.00 with wintry showers through pm

5th  very wet snow in early hours, 50%+ cover at 09.00 to a depth of 2cms.  All gone before dark.

I'm also well above February's rainfall total, 79.2mm against Feb's total of 55.2mm.  As I do my rainfall manually and from 09.00 to 09.00, I didn't get a dry day yesterday, 4.4mm fell overnight.

Posted

Just had an interesting downpour of very fine rain here, dropped a millimetre in 1 minute. Rain rate of 57.4mm/hr. Temp was up to 13.8°C.

Posted

Mostly dry and windy apart from a couple of showers around lunchtime. Sun trying to come out now. 12.9°C

Posted

Rather dry this afternoon with some sunny spells, just a few light showers earlier. It reached 13.1°C and it's currently 11.9°C

Posted

A mild night ahead it seems. We had some drizzle within the past hour but that’s it. 9.2°C

Posted

Still in double figures here at 10.5°C. 

Posted

I caught (for the first time in ages) the South Today forecast at 5 to 7 this evening. It's wrong already, regarding rainfall tonight. 

Posted

It’s a mild start at 10.9°C with an overnight low of 9.6°C. It hasn’t been very wet, just windy

Posted

Cloudy with the odd bit of drizzle every so often. 11.6°C

Posted

It's been an overcast day, dry bar from some drizzle. It reached 13.5°C earlier this afternoon, it's currently 12.9°C

Posted

Stayed cloudy and breezy with occasional drizzle this afternoon. Reached 11.7°C, currently 10.8°C

Posted

It hasn’t stopped drizzling/raining all day, every time I’ve checked the radar and thought a gap was coming it’s filled in. It’s quite fascinating to rewind the radar and watch what’s happened. A total of 4mm in 15 hours since first light when I emptied the gauge.

Oh, nearly forgot, not a breath of wind which means it’s oddly quiet, for now.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

It hasn’t stopped drizzling/raining all day, every time I’ve checked the radar and thought a gap was coming it’s filled in. It’s quite fascinating to rewind the radar and watch what’s happened. A total of 4mm in 15 hours since first light when I emptied the gauge.

Oh, nearly forgot, not a breath of wind which means it’s oddly quiet, for now.

Complete opposite here. Windy all day, but dry as a bone.