Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Got quite heavy in the last few minutes, piddling against the window. Wind picked up too. 

8.4°C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Heavy rain here. 7.2mm so far and looks like a few more hours of this to go.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

2.4mm so far today but a very wet night ahead. 9.6°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Still quite persistent here, can hear it still hitting my bedroom window so that’s a good indicator lol

8.1°C

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

25.1mm in last 24 hours here, first total of 25mm or over since 18th December last year which was the only one of 2018.  11.0°C was max temperature in same period and occurred a few minutes ago.

Posted

Good morning, a damp and grey start to the day. A low of 7.5°C at 2am, currently 10.2°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring

Cheltenham Festival next week. Great day out but if it’s cold, wet and windy the pleasure fades as the day progresses! Anyone any thoughts on next Tuesday/Wednesday? Dry or at least mainly dry would be good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

Heavy rain. And gusty wind.

Posted
28 minutes ago, Bobd29 said:

Cheltenham Festival next week. Great day out but if it’s cold, wet and windy the pleasure fades as the day progresses! Anyone any thoughts on next Tuesday/Wednesday? Dry or at least mainly dry would be good.

Not sure how to break this to you @Bobd29 ...

image.thumb.png.5e9dba1a14352edd51840a5fa619c01b.png

Not looking great on the GFS at the moment, I'm afraid. Just one to keep an eye on at this range though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring
34 minutes ago, jtay said:

Not sure how to break this to you @Bobd29 ...

image.thumb.png.5e9dba1a14352edd51840a5fa619c01b.png

Not looking great on the GFS at the moment, I'm afraid. Just one to keep an eye on at this range though.

Thanks Jay, I think! Looks as bad as it can get, certainly a day for thermals!

Posted

Blustery shower going through at the moment with some hail too. Temperature 10.8°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Wet most of the morning here although a lot of the time he rains only been very light.  More showery now. 10.2°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Distinct lines of showers forming, one of which I'm right on the edge of. Quite reminiscent of summer shower patterns. This is the type of pattern I record rPm thunderstorms.

Posted

24mm overnight and a further 6mm today. We haven’t even had a half hour long dry spell, drizzle and sharp/heavy showers keep forming to the SSW and move quickly overhead.

Posted

Showery rain for most of the day, heavy and blustery at times. It reached 11.7°C

Currently 8.4°C

Posted

Relatively quiet out there compared to last night, a bit breezy with the odd stronger gust from time to time but dry. 

5.9°C

Posted

It’s a bright start this morning however there’s some rain heading this way according to the radar. A low of 3.8°C at 5am, it’s currently 6.5°C

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted
59 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

It’s a bright start this morning however there’s some rain heading this way according to the radar. A low of 3.8°C at 5am, it’s currently 6.5°C

Yeah, I could see it coming when I headed out at 7:30. Caught the first bit on the way home, but managed to avoid the heaviest rain... just.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

Heavy rain earlier.  Now dry but more showers not far away. 

Posted

Mostly sunny so far today but just had a brief blustery shower. 9.4°C

Posted

Some nice sunny spells today with periodic showers, mainly light but the odd heavy one. It feels quite chilly in the wind. It reached 11.5°C earlier, currently 8.0°C

Posted

A bit of late colour after a showery and cool day.

P1040206 (800x556).jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

@CheesepuffScott

Hey! I really like your 2019 stats under the messages you post. I've always wanted to do that but never figured out how. Can you explain how you managed to do it?

Thanks.

Posted
20 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

@CheesepuffScott

Hey! I really like your 2019 stats under the messages you post. I've always wanted to do that but never figured out how. Can you explain how you managed to do it?

Thanks.

Thank you! You can add it on by going to https://www.netweather.tv/forum/settings/signature/   I've just got the mean max/min for each month in red and blue respectively  + the highest/lowest temp for the year so far and the snow days/lying snow days but you can do what you like with it.

Edited by CheesepuffScott
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Thank you! You can add it on by going to https://www.netweather.tv/forum/settings/signature/   I've just got the mean max/min for each month in red and blue respectively  + the highest/lowest temp for the year so far and the snow days/lying snow days but you can do what you like with it.

Thanks mate!  

Always wanted to know how.

• Like 1